Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do they tell you if you passed the VBT right there or do them mail you the answer???
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Bud,

Sheesh, you simply can’t admit to not putting in any reasonable effort to finish your own work…can you?

While you were busy with your “…can’t find anything…”; “…did not find the answer…”;”…I don't know anything about you, I don't know if you are already a CBPO…” and “…I doubt you do…”; I took less than 10 minutes to search you out. I now know your old job, when you EOD’d, where you currently work, what CBPI class you graduated from, when it started and when you graduated.

That’s simply from the stuff you posted on this board or other boards.

Given another minute or two if I was that interested, and I could find out your name and e-mail/PM it to you.

What you call “disgruntled”, I call working hard to be competent...and expecting others to put in at least some effort to improve themselves, especially in areas they are sorely lacking in.

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
        do they tell you if you passed the VBT right there or do them mail you the answer???
        You should know in 3-5 weeks. It has to be reviewed by a panel.

Comment

• Who wants to hear something funny about BIs? Well… CASS shows me as completed and I was never contacted by an investigator (NEVER). I have not received word from any of my contacts that they were contacted either. I currently hold a TS/SCI through the DoD and I have always heard the stories about how clearances don’t carry over… this kind of throws a wrench in that thought. And no, I most certainly have not lived in one place all my life. I have been in the service for almost 8 years, I have been in foreign countries and yes, I did admit to EVERYTHING (though ‘everything’ was not much in my case). I believe this is even further evidence that no BI is the same and there is no rhyme or reason behind it all (or maybe there is just a glitch in CASS?).

BUT… what is really going to make a lot of you mad… I will not be able to accept this job for quite sometime. Has anyone heard of your file being put on a ‘hold’ status while you are active duty? Long story short, I was supposed to get out of the service 14 MAR… well, this and other apps were taking too long and there was no end in sight… given the current state of the economy and no solid job offers, having family and financial obligations, I reenlisted on 4 MAR… for three more years. Then I find out that my BI cleared and I received a phone call from CBP (both within a week of my anticipated separation date) asking for my DD 214 showing me being released from active duty so they can remove the ‘hold’ on my app and move me along in the process.

Also, while I am at it, I might as well make the ‘first time poster long time lurker’ statement and the ‘thanks for all of great info’ line. I tested back in JUN or JUL 08 (98 w/ VA pref) and had NC as a geo pref. I saw zero movement. I then switched my geo pref to GA the last day of the fall announcement (18 NOVish?), and I receive my TO for GA within a month. I have been in the process ever since. My med is pending because I received a NOPA for a VA claim I was working while working on my separation.

Unreal… I wonder if they will let me sit on ‘hold’ for three more years… I doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by hooked View Post
            Who wants to hear something funny about BIs? Well… CASS shows me as completed and I was never contacted by an investigator (NEVER). I have not received word from any of my contacts that they were contacted either. I currently hold a TS/SCI through the DoD and I have always heard the stories about how clearances don’t carry over… this kind of throws a wrench in that thought. And no, I most certainly have not lived in one place all my life. I have been in the service for almost 8 years, I have been in foreign countries and yes, I did admit to EVERYTHING (though ‘everything’ was not much in my case). I believe this is even further evidence that no BI is the same and there is no rhyme or reason behind it all (or maybe there is just a glitch in CASS?).

BUT… what is really going to make a lot of you mad… I will not be able to accept this job for quite sometime. Has anyone heard of your file being put on a ‘hold’ status while you are active duty? Long story short, I was supposed to get out of the service 14 MAR… well, this and other apps were taking too long and there was no end in sight… given the current state of the economy and no solid job offers, having family and financial obligations, I reenlisted on 4 MAR… for three more years. Then I find out that my BI cleared and I received a phone call from CBP (both within a week of my anticipated separation date) asking for my DD 214 showing me being released from active duty so they can remove the ‘hold’ on my app and move me along in the process.

Also, while I am at it, I might as well make the ‘first time poster long time lurker’ statement and the ‘thanks for all of great info’ line. I tested back in JUN or JUL 08 (98 w/ VA pref) and had NC as a geo pref. I saw zero movement. I then switched my geo pref to GA the last day of the fall announcement (18 NOVish?), and I receive my TO for GA within a month. I have been in the process ever since. My med is pending because I received a NOPA for a VA claim I was working while working on my separation.

Unreal… I wonder if they will let me sit on ‘hold’ for three more years… I doubt it.
            Your situation is not at all rare... it is what we refer to as an "interim" clearance. They simply looked you over at a glance and you looked OK to be moved along to the next step.
            A NOPA is from IA not from the Medical Unit, you received a Non Medically Cleared Letter (NMC) that you had to respond with further Medical information to be declared Medically Fit/Cleared.
            As to them holding your spot... it's a toss up, since you now have to serve for 3 more years in order for them to fully process you. I would say that it'll give them time to finish up a Full BI, and you would have to be re-taking all of the other steps every year to keep it going (Fitness, Drug, Medical)... You never know, you loose nothing by asking them to hold your application as long as possible.
            Good Luck, God Bless, and Thank you for your Service!
            Last edited by yoda; 03-24-2009, 09:32 PM.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Who wants to hear something funny about BIs? Well… CASS shows me as completed and I was never contacted by an investigator (NEVER). I have not received word from any of my contacts that they were contacted either. I currently hold a TS/SCI through the DoD and I have always heard the stories about how clearances don’t carry over… this kind of throws a wrench in that thought. And no, I most certainly have not lived in one place all my life. I have been in the service for almost 8 years, I have been in foreign countries and yes, I did admit to EVERYTHING (though ‘everything’ was not much in my case). I believe this is even further evidence that no BI is the same and there is no rhyme or reason behind it all (or maybe there is just a glitch in CASS?).

You probably received a provisional clearance, which means your SF86 was review and no red flags were visible. All new applicants undergo a background investigation no matter what other clearance has already been obtained. While you are at FLETC you will must likely meet with an investigator.
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Yoda, you beat me to the punch about the clearance. I'm glad you read the full post, since I didn't even see the NMC issue.

I would also like to thank the soldier for their service for our country. I try to thank ever armed service member I run into. They are brave great Americans and deserve our gratitude.

Comment

• Yoda, TPA, thanks for the quick responses… I understand having to reply to the NMC letter (thanks for the correction of terms on that by the way). In fact, thanks to military medical care, I was able to get an extension on my response deadline (just chipping away at my new contract!!!) Also, I understand interim clearances, but I remember reading a couple of months back that CBP was doing away with those. Is there new news on that (I am catching up on readings postings… I am only on page 348-*wink wink* Merlin!)?

Regarding the hold, yes, I will be asking them to hold this for me (I am actually considering kicking my geo back to NC to buy some time and because that is where I would rather be). The issue I have with the process is that I was unaware of this ‘hold’ I was in before reenlisting. I was never scheduled for the VBT and I did not see any movement on my BI (for three or so months)… I just assumed I was moving along in the ‘hurry up and wait’ process. Had I known about the ‘hold’ status, I would have had a better understanding of my remaining time in the process (or so I would like to think).

For any other posters out there… anyone ever have any luck with a 2+ year ‘active duty hold’?

Thanks for the support regarding our service… but TPA… the Soldiers and Marines (and some Airmen) are the ones that are the really brave ones… I am only a Sailor!!!

Comment

• Thanks for your feedback regarding my BI questions. Here is another couple questions for you guys, is any part of my medical history reviewed in my BI? If I cleared my medical does that mean they are done reviewing my medical history?

Comment

… I am only a Sailor!!!
                      Hooked, don't short change yourself, you provided an extremely valuable service for our country. I stand by my statement that every member of our armed services deserve our respect and gratitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by SD to GA View Post
                        Thanks for your feedback regarding my BI questions. Here is another couple questions for you guys, is any part of my medical history reviewed in my BI? If I cleared my medical does that mean they are done reviewing my medical history?
                        From what I understand, as a applicant who reads a lot of posts, your medical history is not included in your BI. Once it is cleared by the medical section, that part is done. The only medical aspects included on the BI are past drugs usage and any pyscological conditions.

This is a great website. www.rjhresearch.com/adr

Comment

• I'm going back home to California for the weekend this Friday. Believe it or not, I actually need a little break from FLETC's chicken, o' and the bugs as well!
                          Last edited by Bizzy930; 03-24-2009, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SD to GA View Post
                            Thanks for your feedback regarding my BI questions. Here is another couple questions for you guys, is any part of my medical history reviewed in my BI? If I cleared my medical does that mean they are done reviewing my medical history?
                            BI has nothing to do with Medical... If you are cleared Medically by the Medical Unit that's it for at least 2 years, if by that time you are still waiting for the call... Fintess and Drug last for a year.

TPA is right about past Drug use or psychological issues...
                            Last edited by yoda; 03-24-2009, 10:21 PM.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I'm going back home to California for the weekend this Friday. Believe it or not, I actually need a little break from FLETC's chicken, o' and the bugs as well!

Comment

• anybody get any update this week yet?

i still missing
                                a. BI
                                b. VBT

anybody?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7606 users online. 220 members and 7386 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X