300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smpleone View Post
    Yeah, they scheduled me for an apt. on 4/30... BUT they had a cancellation, so I am in tomorrow at 8am. Got lucky
    wow you got in on a cancellation? i used to call every single morning to check for cancellations for months and nothing. don't let that appointment pass u up. in case they didn't send you the detailed letter on what they want your cardiologist to evaluate you on, you can pm me.

Comment

• Seriously, all that crap you are talking and all the words that you are typing you still couldn't simply put the dates of the announcement in. You are a classy guy Merlin. I don't know anything about you, I don't know if you are already a CBPO and you are trying to scare all the future officers in here or what. Have you ever heard the term "work smarter not harder?" It was a simple question that deserved a simple answer. I am sorry that I don't spend everyday on this forum trying to be the voice of CBP but I didn't know that there was a search engine on here. Thank you to the person who answered my question.

Comment

• Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
        Seriously, all that crap you are talking and all the words that you are typing you still couldn't simply put the dates of the announcement in. You are a classy guy Merlin. I don't know anything about you, I don't know if you are already a CBPO and you are trying to scare all the future officers in here or what. Have you ever heard the term "work smarter not harder?" It was a simple question that deserved a simple answer. I am sorry that I don't spend everyday on this forum trying to be the voice of CBP but I didn't know that there was a search engine on here. Thank you to the person who answered my question.
        ammo,

Slow down man. Merlin is just trying to avoid the forum from being 700 pages of people asking and answering the same questions over and over. Lets try to keep this friendly and informative for everyone. Can we let the pride thing go for a moment and get back to helping out one another.

I can tell you that Merlin is very knowledgeable and he has helped to keep me sane on at least one occasion thus far.

I am going back to my corner and waiting for my bi to clear!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          J.

You've been sitting on your TO for roughly 10 months, That's not all that unusual.

CBP is hiring roughly 11,000 people this year...at the least. If every applicant made one 10 minute phone call to their adjudicator, that's potentially 110.000 minutes wasted by IA on the phone. That's over 1833 hours or or just over 229 work days of doing nothing but talking on the phone.

If you're wondering why your file has sat for 5 months in IA without being touched...there's probably a good reason why.
          The reality is, maybe less than 5% of the entire pool of applicants take the initiative to find out how to contact IA and reach their adjudicator. Therefore your math is off.

What would be a good reason to have a case sitting in IA for 5 months without being touched, when hundreds of others that were received months after yours are not only being worked on, but completed?
          ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
          Written: 5/15/08
          NOR: 5/20/08
          TO: 10/28/08
          Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
          Fitness: 2/02/09
          BI: 3/15/09
          OB: 4/24
          EOD: 7/27
          FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
          Written: 3/15/08
          NOR: 4/2/08
          TO: 5/22/08
          Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
          Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
          VBT: 6/30/08
          Drug Test: 7/10/08
          Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
          Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
          BI submitted: 10/10/08
          TSU: 4/2/09
          Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
          EOD:

Comment

• I got the call!

Long Beach, CA

EOD: April 13
            FLETC: May 20

Thank you all for keeping me sane through the process!

Comment

• that may 20th class seems to be filling up.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                The reality is, maybe less than 5% of the entire pool of applicants take the initiative to find out how to contact IA and reach their adjudicator. Therefore your math is off.

What would be a good reason to have a case sitting in IA for 5 months without being touched, when hundreds of others that were received months after yours are not only being worked on, but completed?
                Well...one reason would be that they're processing thousands of applicants and they tend to do the easiest ones first.

Most of those phone numbers being throw about are essentially internal phone numbers and aren't meant to be disseminated publicly.

What will eventually happen will be that enough calls will come in that will impact the office and they'll remove those phone numbers from service. Of course, that too will impact legitimate office business and things will slow down yet more.

Comment

Seriously, all that crap you are talking and all the words that you are typing you still couldn't simply put the dates of the announcement in. You are a classy guy Merlin. I don't know anything about you, I don't know if you are already a CBPO and you are trying to scare all the future officers in here or what. Have you ever heard the term "work smarter not harder?" It was a simple question that deserved a simple answer. I am sorry that I don't spend everyday on this forum trying to be the voice of CBP but I didn't know that there was a search engine on here. Thank you to the person who answered my question.
                  Funny, I believe it was me who answered your question...multiple times.

You're welcome.

Comment

• Anyone hear any news about the hiring situation in Massachusetts/Boston???
                    I haven't been keeping up with the posts lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      Funny, I believe it was me who answered your question...multiple times.

You're welcome.
                      If you have a second screen name of Tipmann or something like that then yes thank you, but I doubt you do. I am not too sure why you are so disgruntled but you need to figure that [email protected]# out. Start drinking or something.

Comment

• stupid b.s.

everyone playing the roll, needs to chill out. "You should use the search function and not expect to be spoon fed your whole career as a federal officer, blah blah, blah." Anyone reading this garbage, just ignore it. It seems to me if people have enough free time to read all the posts and leave high and mighty posts that help nobody, are full of shi*. Ask all the questions you want, because people with a life will do the best to answer them, and if they cant they will just skip the post. Everyone please feel free to ask questions without searching the whole thread, the good people will answer you without playing the roll...

Comment

• i got my VBT tomorrow and my physical and p/t test on april 1st, it rolling so far hopefully it will stay that way, has anyone else put in for the southwest??
                          "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

If you have a second screen name of Tipmann or something like that then yes thank you, but I doubt you do. I am not too sure why you are so disgruntled but you need to figure that [email protected]# out. Start drinking or something.
                            Dude...
                            You need to tone down your lashing a bit, seriously!... You are talking to an Actual CBPO that if you get hired will always be a SENIOR Officer to you...
                            Look at how long he has been answering the same questions over and over to new applicants through the years, and to be frank... the tone on this Forum is very idle compared to others, and if you were to lash out at an officer the way you are doing here... you would be chewed up and spit out by everyone else on those Forums.
                            The other thing is ammo, that if you don't like the way things are in this Forum you can always join others and ask your questions there... maybe there they won't tell you to search for questions answered a day or 2 before!...
                            Good Luck with your process!

I'll return to my corner in "PENDINGVILLE"
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                              i got my VBT tomorrow and my physical and p/t test on april 1st, it rolling so far hopefully it will stay that way, has anyone else put in for the southwest??
                              Remember to dress nice. We've had a bunch of people come into the office this week looking extremely sloppy.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                                Remember to dress nice. We've had a bunch of people come into the office this week looking extremely sloppy.
                                without a doubt, thanks
                                "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7612 users online. 413 members and 7199 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X