300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
    Does anyone know when they will open up the next anouncement? I have a friend that wants to apply but I can't find anything.
    I did a search for "announcement" and found this from merlin:
    "Another "because it's bound to be asked" post...

A nationwide CBP Officer announcement will be opening April 6, 2009 and closing April 20, 2009."

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
      who cares...hey Ammo if I knew the correct answer I would have told you off the top of my head....to be honest I didnt even know there was a search engine for forum topics on this site till merlin brought it up a few hundred posts ago! HAHA!

All I do is read, post, and reply on this awesome forum!
      See Ex, you're learning. I'm glad I could play a part in helping you out.

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
        I did a search for "announcement" and found this from merlin:
        "Another "because it's bound to be asked" post...

A nationwide CBP Officer announcement will be opening April 6, 2009 and closing April 20, 2009."

Nice find Tipster, it's amazing what you'll find doing a little legwork,,,isn't it?

Had you ran that search for "announcement" under the main O.com search function, you also would have come up with this:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114779

A whole thread on it's own...dedicated to the new announcement...right here in the Law Enforcement Job Center forum...and less than 3 weeks old.

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
          Just out of curiosity, if someone qualifies at a GS-7 are there funded positions set aside for GS-5 and GS-7? Say there are 10 funded positions available at the GS-5 level and only 1 position funded for GS-7 and it is already taken, would the person at GS-7 be looked over or would CBP offer that person the chance to accept at GS-5? It doesn't affect me because I'm GS-5.....I'm just curious.......
          When a person applies, they choose whether or not to apply for a GS-05, GS-07 or both. If a person applies only for a GS-07 slot and there isn't a GS-07 position available...then they sit and wait...either for another GS-07 opening to be funded, or until they're finally removed from the process in one manner or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
            I understand what you are saying, but I know someone with the same philosophy and they waited 1 year and a half and finally called they had no clue were his file was. It took them a month to find it, it literally fell behind somones desk. It took them a month to review it and he is now at flect. Now had he not called they would not have even bothered looking for his file. I would say that it would not be a good idea to call, and call , and call but what is once going to hurt. If I were to call I would wait another month or two, just because of how long it has been since I met with my BI.
            yeah i feel the same way. merlin, you've always got useful information and i value your opinion, but sometimes a person needs to take initiative. i was contacted by my adjudicator and asked to send something and he would be done. i waited 2 1/2 months to call him back and when i finally did he said he never received it. if i didn't do my part in contacting him, my BI and quals would still be pending. instead, 2 weeks later i have a FLETC date.

Comment

• Originally posted by smpleone View Post
              Well... got a letter from CBP saying I am not medically cleared due to that EKG issue. So I have roughly 25 days to get in to see a cardiologist, have him write a report (which looking at what he needs to write about looks like a novel)... so just another few weeks added to the process
              just so you know bro.. it takes pretty long to schedule appointments with cardiologists. i went through several so i know. you better make your call asap cuz sometimes the minimum wait is 1-2 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by SD to GA View Post
                I have been reading through this thread for a couple months now and I would like to say thanks to everyone who posts. Yoda you’re in my prayers as well as everyone else waiting to get cleared. My question is that I spoke with my BI back in Jan. 09' and he told me everything looks good on my BI, so, does the adjudicator have more information then my BI or do they see the same documents? And, if my BI says everything is good and he is going to recommend me for the job, does that pretty much mean I will be cleared?
                I’m in San Diego took my test 7/2008.
                Thanks,
                In addition to what the BI collects there are many automated checks that are conducted, so yes the adjudicator has more information than the BI. The BI has nothing to do with the adjudication process, so their opinion is irrelevant. There are valid reasons for the system to be set up this way. The BI might not be as professional as hoped and accept things that are not legal or moral in exchange for a positive report, or as many incorrectly believe positive recommendation. Also giving the BI any power in the adjudication process places them at risk for coercion in addition to blackmail and bribes. For these reasons the adjudicator is not supposed to have significant contact with the applicants. The thought process goes, the BI is supposed to be neutral and present an unbiased report, which is handed off to someone who has never met nor knows the applicant to determine suitability.
                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
                  I went back a bunch of pages and didn't find the answer to my question. This is the second time I have seen you say this and quite frankly it is annoying. Yes one should be able to survive on their own if need be, however if there is someone that knows the answer and can just as easily just say the answer then offer the information. CBP and all LE Agencies are a team "One Team One Fight," and if you plan on being an individual in this environment then I suggest you look for a new career. So if someone can answer when the next job anouncment is, I would greatly appreciate the information.

Well spoken.(To be an even better leader, try to leave out the negative comment "annoying", people gravitate towards you more when you make yourself more approachable) I find it unfortunate that an individual expects you to work through 400 pages of thread to find an answer to a simple question. The beauty behind forums is that it's for everyone. I don't mind quoting someone or answering a question more than once for fellow applicants. Also, I've tried the search tool, doesn't work as well as it should.

Comment

• I finally got my E-QIP cleared up to get into it. They had me down as John, Doe in lieu of Doe, John.
                    That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      As far as calling and making yourself a priority…maybe…until the next guy calls and pushes you further down the pile. Then the next call come in, and moves you down even further, and so on. Making some guy shuffle your file might make you feel better, but it'll only likely slow down the process for you and everyone else waiting.
                      If I hadn't called, my adjudicator would still not even know my case exsisted. It was submitted by my BI on 10/10/08 and was looked at for the first time on 3/10/09. I don't agree with unnecessary repeated calls asking for an update.. but I'm all about that initial call to bring your case to their attention.

Any way you cut it, a case sitting in IA for 5 months without even being looked at is unacceptable.
                      ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                      Written: 5/15/08
                      NOR: 5/20/08
                      TO: 10/28/08
                      Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                      Fitness: 2/02/09
                      BI: 3/15/09
                      OB: 4/24
                      EOD: 7/27
                      FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                      Written: 3/15/08
                      NOR: 4/2/08
                      TO: 5/22/08
                      Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                      Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                      VBT: 6/30/08
                      Drug Test: 7/10/08
                      Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                      Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                      BI submitted: 10/10/08
                      TSU: 4/2/09
                      Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                      EOD:

Comment

• Bi

In regards to my BI, I got an email that said I have an "IUL pending". Does any one know what IUL means?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
                          Thanks for the Information I was wondering what the number/email is for IA. I have not heard nothing which is not a bad thing, but it has been about the same amount of time for me as for you with the BI. I guess I may be getting slightly impatient.
                          Slightly impatient is an understatement. You and I are well within reason to feel that way. Its frustrating when you see applicants who received TOs six months after you, reporting to FLETC.

What seems to happen is that adjudicators take a quick glance at the cases assigned to them. If there appears to be any issues in the applicant's background or if they think that it might call for a NOPA, many times its put off the side while the "issue-less" cases that are easier and faster to process are taken care of. I'm not saying this is what happens at IA all of the time, but in many cases it does from the info I've gathered over the past 12 months of being in this process.

Now, I have a caseload in my current job and at times I do this same thing myself. Its just the nature of the beast. But there should be some sort of system in place to ensure that each case is worked on in the order that it is received.

Bottom line is, all we can do is wait. They say it will happen when you least expect it. The problem is, convincing yourself that you're at the point where you're not expecting it.
                          ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                          Written: 5/15/08
                          NOR: 5/20/08
                          TO: 10/28/08
                          Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                          Fitness: 2/02/09
                          BI: 3/15/09
                          OB: 4/24
                          EOD: 7/27
                          FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                          Written: 3/15/08
                          NOR: 4/2/08
                          TO: 5/22/08
                          Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                          Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                          VBT: 6/30/08
                          Drug Test: 7/10/08
                          Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                          Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                          BI submitted: 10/10/08
                          TSU: 4/2/09
                          Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
                            Well spoken.(To be an even better leader, try to leave out the negative comment "annoying", people gravitate towards you more when you make yourself more approachable) I find it unfortunate that an individual expects you to work through 400 pages of thread to find an answer to a simple question. The beauty behind forums is that it's for everyone. I don't mind quoting someone or answering a question more than once for fellow applicants. Also, I've tried the search tool, doesn't work as well as it should.
                            I find it unfortunate that applicants(and others) won't do any ground work and obviously can't be bothered to research for 30 minutes before asking simple questions. The beauty behind reading through this thread and searching elsewhere is that it better prepares people for the job, it helps create people that are more self-sufficient, and it ultimately leads in part to people who are more capable Officers.

If the search tool here is too inefficient for you, try Goggle. You'll find the same answers on there.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                              just so you know bro.. it takes pretty long to schedule appointments with cardiologists. i went through several so i know. you better make your call asap cuz sometimes the minimum wait is 1-2 months.
                              Yeah, they scheduled me for an apt. on 4/30... BUT they had a cancellation, so I am in tomorrow at 8am. Got lucky

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                                If I hadn't called, my adjudicator would still not even know my case exsisted. It was submitted by my BI on 10/10/08 and was looked at for the first time on 3/10/09. I don't agree with unnecessary repeated calls asking for an update.. but I'm all about that initial call to bring your case to their attention.

Any way you cut it, a case sitting in IA for 5 months without even being looked at is unacceptable.
                                J.

You've been sitting on your TO for roughly 10 months, That's not all that unusual.

CBP is hiring roughly 11,000 people this year...at the least. If every applicant made one 10 minute phone call to their adjudicator, that's potentially 110.000 minutes wasted by IA on the phone. That's over 1833 hours or or just over 229 work days of doing nothing but talking on the phone.

If you're wondering why your file has sat for 5 months in IA without being touched...there's probably a good reason why.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13673 users online. 452 members and 13221 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X