Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by girly View Post
    I hear you barnaj , I also am hoping for POHO, lol. I know that they have 16 newbies up there right now and after there gone to Flect cross your fingers it opens back up again before we get the CALL.
    Yeah well Im done holding my breath. I cant hardly take anymore of this. Gonna quit worrying about it and just wait and see how it shakes out. Good luck to you.

    Comment


    • Thanks. And boy do I have a lot to do before heading up there. Temp as 1pm today 29 degrees........

      Comment


      • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Yeah well Im done holding my breath. I cant hardly take anymore of this. Gonna quit worrying about it and just wait and see how it shakes out. Good luck to you.
        I begged for POHO and he said " No funding now for Port Huron or Detroit, Airport" would have gladly taken any of those instead trying to transfer after 2 years from the Soo.... And its still cold as hell up there now... just happy not to wait anymore.. Good luck to the both of you...
        Last edited by ac1286; 03-23-2009, 07:59 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ac1286 View Post
          I begged for POHO and he said " No funding now for Port Huron or Detroit, Airport" would have gladly taken any of those instead trying to transfer after 2 years from the Soo.... And its still cold as hell up there now... just happy not to wait anymore.. Good luck to the both of you...
          I dont have a problem with any of the poe's, i would move there if i could afford it, i just can't do it right now. Congrats with the job and heck, you might find you really like it up there.

          Comment


          • Does anyone know when they will open up the next anouncement? I have a friend that wants to apply but I can't find anything.

            Comment


            • Well... got a letter from CBP saying I am not medically cleared due to that EKG issue. So I have roughly 25 days to get in to see a cardiologist, have him write a report (which looking at what he needs to write about looks like a novel)... so just another few weeks added to the process

              Comment


              • I have been reading through this thread for a couple months now and I would like to say thanks to everyone who posts. Yoda you’re in my prayers as well as everyone else waiting to get cleared. My question is that I spoke with my BI back in Jan. 09' and he told me everything looks good on my BI, so, does the adjudicator have more information then my BI or do they see the same documents? And, if my BI says everything is good and he is going to recommend me for the job, does that pretty much mean I will be cleared?
                I’m in San Diego took my test 7/2008.
                Thanks,

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SD to GA View Post
                  I have been reading through this thread for a couple months now and I would like to say thanks to everyone who posts. Yoda you’re in my prayers as well as everyone else waiting to get cleared. My question is that I spoke with my BI back in Jan. 09' and he told me everything looks good on my BI, so, does the adjudicator have more information then my BI or do they see the same documents? And, if my BI says everything is good and he is going to recommend me for the job, does that pretty much mean I will be cleared?
                  I’m in San Diego took my test 7/2008.
                  Thanks,
                  Thanks for the prayers... I need them!....
                  As to your Investigator making it go through quick and easy... would be a probably not... His recommendation plays a part and does make it easier on the Adjudicators. The Adjudicator sees what paper work you submitted plus the investigators report, and some other stuff they dig up like Credit Report and such... It is up to the Adjudicator and how much workload he/she has to get to your file, it sometimes means that the file gets misplaced... I would say that if your investigator told you that everything look good and he would give you a thumbs up, and you have absolutely nothing to worry about regarding Credit, Traffic Violations, Past Drug use... then you'll be good to go, but you still need to give it a few more months before you get up to contacting IA about your investigation... It is simple luck of the draw as to who you get as an adjudicator and how fast they move you through.
                  looks like you're almost there, wish you the best of luck!...
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
                    Does anyone know when they will open up the next anouncement? I have a friend that wants to apply but I can't find anything.

                    That question has been answered on this thread at least 3 times in the last month.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      New guys...before asking questions here...do some research, on this thread and elsewhere. A lot of the questions being asked are kindergarten level questions asked and answered here(and elsewhere) numerous times.

                      Searching for answers is a skill you'll need on the job. You might as well start practicing now, there'll be few people nearby to throw you softball answers when you are working.
                      I went back a bunch of pages and didn't find the answer to my question. This is the second time I have seen you say this and quite frankly it is annoying. Yes one should be able to survive on their own if need be, however if there is someone that knows the answer and can just as easily just say the answer then offer the information. CBP and all LE Agencies are a team "One Team One Fight," and if you plan on being an individual in this environment then I suggest you look for a new career. So if someone can answer when the next job anouncment is, I would greatly appreciate the information.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
                        I went back a bunch of pages and didn't find the answer to my question. This is the second time I have seen you say this and quite frankly it is annoying. Yes one should be able to survive on their own if need be, however if there is someone that knows the answer and can just as easily just say the answer then offer the information. CBP and all LE Agencies are a team "One Team One Fight," and if you plan on being an individual in this environment then I suggest you look for a new career. So if someone can answer when the next job anouncment is, I would greatly appreciate the information.
                        AWWW GYEAH AMMO19 speak on it brother! LOL Merlin dont take it personal but you do come off like a salty cbpo on this forum at times lol
                        What if quotas did exist?!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
                          I went back a bunch of pages and didn't find the answer to my question. This is the second time I have seen you say this and quite frankly it is annoying. Yes one should be able to survive on their own if need be, however if there is someone that knows the answer and can just as easily just say the answer then offer the information. CBP and all LE Agencies are a team "One Team One Fight," and if you plan on being an individual in this environment then I suggest you look for a new career. So if someone can answer when the next job anouncment is, I would greatly appreciate the information.
                          It took me less than a minute to search this thread and find that answer.

                          It probably took you well over a minute to post and repost that question.

                          "One team, One Fight" more or less means everybody's pulling their own share of the load...doesn't it? Spoonfeeding people helps nobody in the long term.

                          Comment


                          • who cares...hey Ammo if I knew the correct answer I would have told you off the top of my head....to be honest I didnt even know there was a search engine for forum topics on this site till merlin brought it up a few hundred posts ago! HAHA!

                            All I do is read, post, and reply on this awesome forum!
                            What if quotas did exist?!

                            Comment


                            • Just out of curiosity, if someone qualifies at a GS-7 are there funded positions set aside for GS-5 and GS-7? Say there are 10 funded positions available at the GS-5 level and only 1 position funded for GS-7 and it is already taken, would the person at GS-7 be looked over or would CBP offer that person the chance to accept at GS-5? It doesn't affect me because I'm GS-5.....I'm just curious.......
                              Last edited by tippmann87; 03-24-2009, 01:20 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Yeah, come on merlin, just because you have already answered the question for the last 20 applicants who didn't feel like looking the information up on their own...


                                This is the second time I have seen you say this and quite frankly it is annoying.
                                "..if I knew the correct answer I would have told you.."
                                Gotta love the applicant/trainee cheap shots at the saltly CBPO

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7934 users online. 204 members and 7730 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X