300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    Yeah that seems to be the FL ETC date going out at the moment. I hope i get a call this week so i can get into that class before it fills up.
    Just got the call....... For Michigan folks...... The SO is the only thing available... and at 43 I took it. start date is April 20th....

Comment

• This is so good. I can see Barnaj staring at his phone, willing it to ring. I am rooting for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by when View Post
        This is so good. I can see Barnaj staring at his phone, willing it to ring. I am rooting for you!
        Well i appreciate it and im hoping! BUT, i don't know if i can do the SOO...

Comment

• I googled it and it seems like a very small town. Well I hope you get something that you want soon.
          Last edited by when; 03-23-2009, 02:01 PM. Reason: missing word

Comment

• Originally posted by when View Post
            I googled it and it seems like a very small town. Well I hope you get something that you want soon.
            Its just that i really cant afford to relocate right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ac1286 View Post
              Just got the call....... For Michigan folks...... The SO is the only thing available... and at 43 I took it. start date is April 20th....
              Congrats! Hoping we all get some calls this week. I also hope Hawaii is a big enough port that they have some vacancies.
              CBPO- Hawaii
              Written: 07/31/08
              TO: 09/23/08
              Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
              Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
              Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
              Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
              VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
              BI: Completed (2/19/09)
              Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
              Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
              TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                just wondering JD, i was able to get my adjudicator's phone number and email because he called me about my BI, how did you get your adjudicator's information?
                I was given the IA number/email from a member on this board. The man I contacted forwarded my request to my adjudicator.
                ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                Written: 5/15/08
                NOR: 5/20/08
                TO: 10/28/08
                Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                Fitness: 2/02/09
                BI: 3/15/09
                OB: 4/24
                EOD: 7/27
                FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                Written: 3/15/08
                NOR: 4/2/08
                TO: 5/22/08
                Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                VBT: 6/30/08
                Drug Test: 7/10/08
                Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                BI submitted: 10/10/08
                TSU: 4/2/09
                Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                EOD:

Comment

• ahhh that's what i thought. seems to be helping people out. from what i've seen, when you contact your adjudicator, they make you a priority. My BI cleared i think within 1-2 weeks of me contacting my adjudicator and sending him what he was missing.

Comment

• The day my life changed 12:16, I just got the call. I'm going to look at the ports tomorrow to see which one I want, Calexico, CA or Andrade, CA.
                    April 13th EOD Academy May 21 best of luck to everyone else

Comment

• I’ll say this about phoning IA, your adjudicator, or anybody else.

Every minute they’re spending answering phone calls is a minute they’re not spending processing people’s paperwork, working cases, or otherwise moving people forward. If things aren’t moving fast enough for you, maybe it’s because your adjudicator is spending a fair portion of his time answering unwanted phone calls.

As far as calling and making yourself a priority…maybe…until the next guy calls and pushes you further down the pile. Then the next call come in, and moves you down even further, and so on. Making some guy shuffle your file might make you feel better, but it'll only likely slow down the process for you and everyone else waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by lscislo View Post
                        Glad to report that I got THE CALL today. I EOD in Chicago on April 13th.
                        Congrats to you! That is awesome. Good Luck to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ac1286 View Post
                          Congrats to you also!

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                            Glad to hear that. When I called IA and spoke to my adjudicator for the first time on 3/11, she told me that she was about to start the write up within the next day or so and would give me a courtesy call the following week. That wasn't a coincidence, as my file was probably sitting on her desk for literally 4 months (My file was submitted to IA for review on 10/10/08). Its been 7 business days, and I haven't received any word yet... so I emailed her and thanked her for being helpful on the phone and asked if she had an update for me.

Just a thought to everyone in the same situation.... As long as you are polite, I strongly recommend calling/emailing within reason to keep up on your case. Nobody is going to help you more than you.
                            Thanks for the Information I was wondering what the number/email is for IA. I have not heard nothing which is not a bad thing, but it has been about the same amount of time for me as for you with the BI. I guess I may be getting slightly impatient.
                            Tested March 08
                            TO June 08
                            Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                            VBT complete 08 passed
                            Qualification GS-5 September 08
                            BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                            NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              I’ll say this about phoning IA, your adjudicator, or anybody else.

Every minute they’re spending answering phone calls is a minute they’re not spending processing people’s paperwork, working cases, or otherwise moving people forward. If things aren’t moving fast enough for you, maybe it’s because your adjudicator is spending a fair portion of his time answering unwanted phone calls.

As far as calling and making yourself a priority…maybe…until the next guy calls and pushes you further down the pile. Then the next call come in, and moves you down even further, and so on. Making some guy shuffle your file might make you feel better, but it'll only likely slow down the process for you and everyone else waiting.
                              I understand what you are saying, but I know someone with the same philosophy and they waited 1 year and a half and finally called they had no clue were his file was. It took them a month to find it, it literally fell behind somones desk. It took them a month to review it and he is now at flect. Now had he not called they would not have even bothered looking for his file. I would say that it would not be a good idea to call, and call , and call but what is once going to hurt. If I were to call I would wait another month or two, just because of how long it has been since I met with my BI.
                              Tested March 08
                              TO June 08
                              Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                              VBT complete 08 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                Its just that i really cant afford to relocate right now.
                                I hear you barnaj , I also am hoping for POHO, lol. I know that they have 16 newbies up there right now and after there gone to Flect cross your fingers it opens back up again before we get the CALL.
                                Tested March 08
                                TO June 08
                                Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                                VBT complete 08 passed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12025 users online. 493 members and 11532 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X