Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any answers as to how people at fletc offload their used tv's, bikes and what not to the incoming bunch?

someone asked earlier, my geo pref. is wa - all other locations. so that means port angeles, longview, spokane, 3-4 sea ports around the puget sound, sea-tac airport and maybe the dhs office in tukwilla. fingers crossed for port of seattle...

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
      I'm sorry but you lost me here. I chose Illinois and from what I understand you cannot change that anymore. All of my CASS areas are completed except for my background which I'm going through right now. Are you telling me that this might take another 1-2 years if I want to work in the Chicago area?
      I went into TSU on 8-8-08, and have been sitting there waiting ever since. Now I understand that not everyone going through the process puts their posts on this site. As far as Chicago goes I have not seen many from that area on this site. Unfortunately, for people like us, we applied for large ports that are already "full". So it is like any other large office. Alot of people come and go, so they constantly keep people in the pipeline hanging on. From the POE's viewpoint the revolving door is constant. But when you are in the pipeline, the truth is they hire 4-10 people every couple of months. That wouldnt be so bad if the pipeline wasnt so stacked. But it is. As far as changing...I have a friend at work who decided that he wanted to change POE after his BI was clear for Newark. He was allowed to use his TO and that's it. He had to redo the entire process including BI. He had that great idea to move 90 miles down the turnpike and now he is still going through it.
      Last edited by co94; 03-21-2009, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragonwang View Post
        Hello guys,

I took my medical/fitness test about two weeks ago, and my fitness test was the first to be completed on CASS. However, just today, I received a letter from Comprehensive Health Services (I guess agency who's handling the medical portion of DHS) and here's what it said:

On the basis of your recent examination, we would like to bring the following results to your attention. Please review the items indicated below with your personal physician. Your examination may not have included all of the categories listed below.

NOTE: Unless specifically requested by CHS, please do NOT submit any additional medical information regarding any abnormal result listed below.

[X] Blood Pressure 124/86

** That's the only box that was checked.

My Question is: I understand what the letter means, but should I be concerned that CHS will request a detailed analysis from my personal physician regarding my blood pressure? I'm 30 years old and weigh 186 lbs. I work out twice a week, and run at 8 miles/hour for 10 mins. I do consider myself pretty fit. I think I may be a little nervous at the medical center, so that's why my blood pressure is somewhat abnormal. Thanks for your suggestions/comments in advance guys.
        I'm hard of hearing and they sent me a letter stating that I had a slight hearing loss. The letter was just to bring it to my attention, they didn't request and documentation and they did pass my medical exam........

Comment

• Originally posted by alutins View Post
          any answers as to how people at fletc offload their used tv's, bikes and what not to the incoming bunch?

someone asked earlier, my geo pref. is wa - all other locations. so that means port angeles, longview, spokane, 3-4 sea ports around the puget sound, sea-tac airport and maybe the dhs office in tukwilla. fingers crossed for port of seattle...
          Do you work at SeaTac Airport currently? That's where I hope to get stationed also.
          BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

• Im guessing im lucky i picked a port in the desert where it gets about 115 on a cool day, because everything seems to be going through at a pretty steady pace...in fact its going alot faster than i thought it would

Comment

• Anyone out there waiting for San Francisco/Oakland?

Comment

• Originally posted by jckndab0x View Post
                Im guessing im lucky i picked a port in the desert where it gets about 115 on a cool day, because everything seems to be going through at a pretty steady pace...in fact its going alot faster than i thought it would

i did the same how fast has it been moving for you so far???
                "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

Hello guys,

I took my medical/fitness test about two weeks ago, and my fitness test was the first to be completed on CASS. However, just today, I received a letter from Comprehensive Health Services (I guess agency who's handling the medical portion of DHS) and here's what it said:

On the basis of your recent examination, we would like to bring the following results to your attention. Please review the items indicated below with your personal physician. Your examination may not have included all of the categories listed below.

NOTE: Unless specifically requested by CHS, please do NOT submit any additional medical information regarding any abnormal result listed below.

[X] Blood Pressure 124/86

** That's the only box that was checked.

My Question is: I understand what the letter means, but should I be concerned that CHS will request a detailed analysis from my personal physician regarding my blood pressure? I'm 30 years old and weigh 186 lbs. I work out twice a week, and run at 8 miles/hour for 10 mins. I do consider myself pretty fit. I think I may be a little nervous at the medical center, so that's why my blood pressure is somewhat abnormal. Thanks for your suggestions/comments in advance guys.
                  Dont worry about it if they dont request any test but if they want test Just go see your doctor and get the recheck and whatever test that they may have requested, have your doctor write a note stating that you are fine and you should clear about two weeks after sending it back in, well that is as long as your doctor says that you are fine. I got the same letter about a blood disorder that I had as a child I got a cbc and metabolic test and my doctor wrote a letter on a prescribtion pad saying I was physically able to perform the job and that my disorder would not hurt my performance in any way.
                  Tested March 08
                  TO June 08
                  Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                  VBT complete 08 passed
                  Qualification GS-5 September 08
                  BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                  NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                    Do you think Los Angeles county, CA will issue a ccw to a cbp officer? I know they hardly issue them, but curious if you are le and want a state ccw permit, do you think CA will issue it?
                    I can't say for California as an LEO. I know as a civilian if you were in LA county trying to get a CCW it would be next to impossible without what their definition of justification is. Typically CA LEOs don't get CCWs because generally they're not limited by policy on what they can and can't do when it comes to carrying off duty.

I'll ask my Firearms Instructor the next time I see him and see what he has to say.
                    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
                      Dont worry about it if they dont request any test but if they want test Just go see your doctor and get the recheck and whatever test that they may have requested, have your doctor write a note stating that you are fine and you should clear about two weeks after sending it back in, well that is as long as your doctor says that you are fine. I got the same letter about a blood disorder that I had as a child I got a cbc and metabolic test and my doctor wrote a letter on a prescribtion pad saying I was physically able to perform the job and that my disorder would not hurt my performance in any way.
                      Thanks guys for all the suggestions/comments that I have received thus far. Today, I received a letter from CBP stating that I am INELIGIBLE as a result of the Structured Interview Test (VBT). Honestly, I have no clue why I am now ineligible. I do believe that I performed above medicore in the test. Is there any way to find out which portion of the test failed me? Thanks.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the suggestions/comments that I have received thus far. Today, I received a letter from CBP stating that I am INELIGIBLE as a result of the Structured Interview Test (VBT). Honestly, I have no clue why I am now ineligible. I do believe that I performed above medicore in the test. Is there any way to find out which portion of the test failed me? Thanks.
                        Sorry to hear that...
                        As to finding out what portion you failed will be next to impossible, the VBT is reviewed by a panel and it is a Pass or Fail test... so anything at any moment during your test could've been what failed you. I am not completely sure how the re-testing of the VBT goes (as in how many times can you take it through different applications), but you might be able to re-apply in a year and go through the whole thing again, and you might be able to use your current written test scores.
                        If this is truly what you want go ahead and keep trying, or you can just try BPA as well...
                        Good Luck Bud!
                        Last edited by yoda; 03-22-2009, 12:23 AM.
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                          Anyone out there waiting for San Francisco/Oakland?
                          Im waiting for SFO/OAK
                          and My background to clear. Whats your status

Comment

That blows man, sorry to hear that. Is there anything in your mind you can recall saying or doing that might have been considered excessive or a poor judgement call?

Comment

any answers as to how people at fletc offload their used tv's, bikes and what not to the incoming bunch?
                              The crackhouses all have bulletin boards where people post classifieds, not sure, but the taj should have them too, but the taj rooms have tv's I think. When you get here, just find them and call a few. The fletc store also rents tv's and minifridges, not sure how much they are, but I can find out. One other option you may consider is Wal-mart has a 90 day return policy, so that may be even better. Shoot, hook yourself up with a nice big plasma or lcd tv to slap on top of that dorm room desk..LOL

Comment

For everyone with the WA - All other areas, this is how it will go for you.

You will more than likely be assigned to the Port of Seattle and do your Pre-Academy time at the training branch in Tukwila, after that everyone starts at Seatac then is farmed out to the other areas as needed.

So plan on airport duty.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9866 users online. 342 members and 9524 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X