300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
    Scheduling people or calling people for EOD on Tuesday?
    Calling people...

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
      Calling people...
      Wow! I hope the calls are for most of the ports across the country. You stated that you heard this from a reliable source?
      CBPO- Hawaii
      Written: 07/31/08
      TO: 09/23/08
      Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
      Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
      Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
      Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
      VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
      BI: Completed (2/19/09)
      Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
      Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
      TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
        Who ever is in TSU right now, they are going to start scheduling people for EOD on Tuesday, for May 20 start date. That's from the horse mouth! Just a heads up for y'all...
        FreeAgent,
        Most people look like they have about 2 weeks notice from the call to the EOD. This would be 8 weeks. Any idea why there is such a difference?
        Written: 12/9
        NOR: 12/12 (94)
        TO: 1/29
        VBT: 2/26 completed
        Medical: 4/27 completed
        Fitness: 3/2 completed
        Drug: 3/12 completed
        BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
        Quals: completed on 3/19
        The Call: 4/27
        EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
        FLETC: 7/1

Comment

• Originally posted by FL_CBP View Post
          Hey everyone, everything in cass cleared for me a little over 2 weeks ago but I'm still not in TSU. How long does the final review of your application before being sent to TSU usually take?
          dont use cass as a guideline for the hiring process. My background was the first thing to say cleared on cass and it didnt really clear till the day of graduation at fletc about a month ago. Get the number to the hiring center ( not the automated 800 number) and speak to the person handling your file. They are real nice there and will let you know the status of you file.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
            If you have a friend that is a CBPO, then what is your need to post here asking questions?...
            There are quite a few CBPO's that answer questions to applicants, and KC12 happens to be one of them.
            To answer your question as to how easy it is to transfer... it is very rare and difficult to have it happen, your best bet is to apply to the State you want to be in for the next 10 years at least. The easiest way to go about it, is to BODY SWAP, but you have to find someone from the port you want to go to that wants to go to your port to have that happen... and even then it has to be approved by both Port Directors.
            This question has been answered numerous times, just like so many others, and can be answered by using the search feature or simply reading through the thread.
            "Apparently you didn't read what I said"

I spoke to a CBPO...not a friend of mine. Nonetheless, it's a forum. I post a question and come back to answer if there is one. If I did not use the search tool...I'm sure that's ok I'm fine with it...here's a toast to the little green fella!

Enjoy.

Comment

• re

is there an online classifieds for fletc peeps that are coming in/leaving? i'm in tsu and awaiting "the call" and i'm trying to figure out if it's possible to start looking at bicycles, tvs, etc. from the guys that are leaving.

any help is appreciated!

Comment

• alutins, great news! Congrats!

I see your local is Western WA. What did you geopref?

Comment

• Part of the problem you're going to see on this board sometimes is that for many things, like transfers, there's not a really defined national policy. Lot's of things are decided on a Field Office level(there's 20 of those) down to a port level(327...not counting the pre-clearance and cargo facilities overseas). That leaves 20-327 possible answers to a lot of questions.

So...if you're looking for a single answer to a question, you well might not be getting one...because a single answer doesn't exist. Lots of answers are going to be those of the "this is how it usually works out in most places" type, just because that's how it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                    i'm in 187 with a room mate from my port.. it's cool, they let us pick our room mate.. these 2 days went by fast.. Monday is the PT test and the weather is GREAT, mid to upper 60's... just got my smurf outfit yesterday.. great government clothing LOL..
                    nordy.. you are lucky B-ster LOL... now is the best weather to go trainning.. by the time i go.. (hopefully by june) it will be darn hot!!!

so.. roomate... and internet?! i thought they only have 56k over there

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                      However most states will not issue a CCW to LE!
                      Think about this statement for a minute. Being a LEO does not give the state a reason to restrict your right to bear arms. I have found in the states I have lived and worked as a LEO the opposite to be true. If you are a LEO you receive a reduced rate for your CCW and you do not have to go to the CCW class to obtain the permit. Those states are MI, SC, FL, GA and MS. Laws can a do change but while I lived there it was easier for a LEO to obtain the permits than Joe Blow on the street.

In the past it has been encouraged for LEOs to obtain a CCW for the simple reason that if they are ever suspended, and are not allowed to carry their firearm on their credentials, at least they will still be able to carry on their CCW.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                        In the past it has been encouraged for LEOs to obtain a CCW for the simple reason that if they are ever suspended, and are not allowed to carry their firearm on their credentials, at least they will still be able to carry on their CCW.
                        I know for a fact that CBP employees also sometimes get a state CCW so that they can carry a weapon of their choosing instead of carrying their duty weapon.
                        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                          Think about this statement for a minute. Being a LEO does not give the state a reason to restrict your right to bear arms. I have found in the states I have lived and worked as a LEO the opposite to be true. If you are a LEO you receive a reduced rate for your CCW and you do not have to go to the CCW class to obtain the permit. Those states are MI, SC, FL, GA and MS. Laws can a do change but while I lived there it was easier for a LEO to obtain the permits than Joe Blow on the street.

That's a good point, and a good way to look at your options. I sure as hell will never look forward on getting suspended for what ever reason!

Comment

• A Letter from Comprehensive Health Services

Hello guys,

I took my medical/fitness test about two weeks ago, and my fitness test was the first to be completed on CASS. However, just today, I received a letter from Comprehensive Health Services (I guess agency who's handling the medical portion of DHS) and here's what it said:

On the basis of your recent examination, we would like to bring the following results to your attention. Please review the items indicated below with your personal physician. Your examination may not have included all of the categories listed below.

NOTE: Unless specifically requested by CHS, please do NOT submit any additional medical information regarding any abnormal result listed below.

[X] Blood Pressure 124/86

** That's the only box that was checked.

My Question is: I understand what the letter means, but should I be concerned that CHS will request a detailed analysis from my personal physician regarding my blood pressure? I'm 30 years old and weigh 186 lbs. I work out twice a week, and run at 8 miles/hour for 10 mins. I do consider myself pretty fit. I think I may be a little nervous at the medical center, so that's why my blood pressure is somewhat abnormal. Thanks for your suggestions/comments in advance guys.

Comment

• doesn't seem like anything to worry about. it says unless you are asked to submit medical information, so that should mean that they are just bringing the issue of your blood pressure to your attention. most likely they just want you to let your physician know in case you are worried about your blood pressure bring elevated. take some vitamins and eat well and blood pressure won't even be an issue, but it looks like you are doing well already.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragonwang View Post
                                Hello guys,

I took my medical/fitness test about two weeks ago, and my fitness test was the first to be completed on CASS. However, just today, I received a letter from Comprehensive Health Services (I guess agency who's handling the medical portion of DHS) and here's what it said:

On the basis of your recent examination, we would like to bring the following results to your attention. Please review the items indicated below with your personal physician. Your examination may not have included all of the categories listed below.

NOTE: Unless specifically requested by CHS, please do NOT submit any additional medical information regarding any abnormal result listed below.

[X] Blood Pressure 124/86

** That's the only box that was checked.

My Question is: I understand what the letter means, but should I be concerned that CHS will request a detailed analysis from my personal physician regarding my blood pressure? I'm 30 years old and weigh 186 lbs. I work out twice a week, and run at 8 miles/hour for 10 mins. I do consider myself pretty fit. I think I may be a little nervous at the medical center, so that's why my blood pressure is somewhat abnormal. Thanks for your suggestions/comments in advance guys.
                                First, I am not a CBP applicant and do not know the specifics of their hiring process, however I am employed in DHS/ICE and took a physical exam from which the maximum the BP could read without being re tested was 140/90. From my perspective your blood pressure is normal and within standards. I believe this was simply to give you results of your exam however I am sure someone more knowlegeable will chime in. Maybe the standard BP is different for CBP then my agency, however I would doubt it.
                                God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12703 users online. 498 members and 12205 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X