X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ExSDSO
    God Bless OPD and PPD
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TPA3312
    My mistake, nice catch. Sometimes the spell checker on my iPhone is more of a hassle then a feature. But what can I do? I'm just one man.
    Bro, I too freakin hate the spell checker on the Iphone! I recently found out you can disable it! So I did and now Im making more typo mistakes than ever! LOL
    What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• flyone2go
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2008

Just curious if anyone got "the call" this week?
      CBPO
      Written: 08/18/08
      NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
      TO: 09/23/08
      Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
      Medical: Completed 12/08
      Drug Test: Completed 11/08
      Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
      VBT: Completed 11/08
      BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
      Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
      3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

• TPA3312
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2009

Looks like another week went by in TSU without "the call". I was really hoping this week would be the one. This part of the waiting game really sucks. At least I have no excuse to not be ready for FLETC PT. At this point I meet all standards, I just have to excersise in moderation so I won't injure myself.
        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• JaredB11381
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2008

Sorry to be a bonehead, but what does TSU stand for? I'm assuming it's the last step before being given an EOD
          Geo Pref - Boston
          Written - 7/25/2008
          TO - 3/6/2009
          Pre-Employment Forms - 3/11/2009 Complete
          Qualifications (GS05/07) - 3/11/2009 Complete GS07
          VBT - 3/24/2009 Passed
          Med/Phys - 3/25/2009 Passed
          Drug Test - 4/3/2009 Passed
          BI - 5/13/2009
          TSU - 9/04/2009

Comment

• TPA3312
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JaredB11381
            Sorry to be a bonehead, but what does TSU stand for? I'm assuming it's the last step before being given an EOD
            You are correct. TSU - Training and Scheduling Unit. It is the last line you wait in before assigned a EOD.

Comment

• FreeAgent
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2008

Who ever is in TSU right now, they are going to start scheduling people for EOD on Tuesday, for May 20 start date. That's from the horse mouth! Just a heads up for y'all...

Comment

• ronaldbur
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2009

anybody knows whats your backround is the security office means???

Comment

• TPA3312
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FreeAgent
                  Who ever is in TSU right now, they are going to start scheduling people for EOD on Tuesday, for May 20 start date. That's from the horse mouth! Just a heads up for y'all...
                  Scheduling people or calling people for EOD on Tuesday?

Comment

• TPA3312
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ronaldbur
                    anybody knows whats your backround is the security office means???
                    Just as it reads. It's in the security office. From your past posts, you have already had your initial interview. It's probably currently under review. You may want to talk to 'yoda', his file was "lost" also.

There are 3 stages in the background investigation process:

1: The Investigation Phase, while data is being "collected" about you.

It takes 1 to 12 months, depending on 30 different variables. Location governs most of those variables. Most of that time, your file is in a drawer waiting for an available investigator. Once it gets assigned to someone, expect to be called within 24 hrs.

Other factors: How many ZIP codes are involved in your life? Residences, jobs, schools, etc.

How many BI contractors are in each ZIP Code? How competent are they?

How many OTHER cases pending in each ZIP code?

How cooperative are each of YOUR contacts?

2: The report writing Stage:

Again, this takes 1 to 6 months, depending on the complexity of your life, and the quality of writing skills (and competence) in the people involved. Some cases go through 4 to 8 re-writes, as the report is edited, proofread, re-written, & repeated.

Sometimes, this is where you will get calls from "DHS" or DC for clarification of your record. The call is from the contractor (USIS, KROLL, OMNISEC, etc) but they will not usually give the company name since the average applicant has never heard of their company.

3: The Adjudication process:

Could be done in 3 days, could take 12 months. Depends on the backlog of case reports that came in BEFORE your file did (even if they were initiated 12 months after you applied) and the competency and efficiency of the adjudicator who draws your case.

In some cases, the adjudicator finds problems or discepancies in the report, and it goes BACK to either Phase 2 or Phase 1. More often than in the past, many adjudicators will call the SUBJECT (you) directly for these clarifications. But if they call & miss you twice: they are likely to kick the file back, and go handle twenty other cases while your report gets revised or re-written. [SOURCE]

Comment

• nordy racer
                      Forum Member
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by barnaj
                      Good luck and have fun! Let us know how the housing situation is now.
                      i'm in 187 with a room mate from my port.. it's cool, they let us pick our room mate.. these 2 days went by fast.. Monday is the PT test and the weather is GREAT, mid to upper 60's... just got my smurf outfit yesterday.. great government clothing LOL..

Comment

• audi0xpl0de
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2002

Originally posted by nordy racer
                        i'm in 187 with a room mate from my port.. it's cool, they let us pick our room mate.. these 2 days went by fast.. Monday is the PT test and the weather is GREAT, mid to upper 60's... just got my smurf outfit yesterday.. great government clothing LOL..
                        That does make it better that you could pick who you roomed with. Are the other two buildings still singles or doubled up now. Using dialup? Good luck on the PT test.

Comment

• nordy racer
                          Forum Member
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by audi0xpl0de
                          That does make it better that you could pick who you roomed with. Are the other two buildings still singles or doubled up now. Using dialup? Good luck on the PT test.
                          185, 186 and 187 all have room mates.. we were the only class to start this week, but next week 2 start and the week after that i think 2 more start.. thats the norm now..

i'm at the G bar on their wireless.. there are only about 9 people here on their PC's..

the weather right now is GREAT.. it was even cold this AM to wear a jacket LOL.. i think all next week it's only going to hit upper 60's..

Comment

• audi0xpl0de
                            Forum Member
                            • Jan 2002

Originally posted by nordy racer
                            185, 186 and 187 all have room mates.. we were the only class to start this week, but next week 2 start and the week after that i think 2 more start.. thats the norm now..

i'm at the G bar on their wireless.. there are only about 9 people here on their PC's..

the weather right now is GREAT.. it was even cold this AM to wear a jacket LOL.. i think all next week it's only going to hit upper 60's..
                            Man, they are packed then. I'll be one of the ones starting in a week.

Comment

• RobRok
                              Forum Member
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by irishlad2nv
                              And at worse you can lose your job. Gun laws do vary yes, for civilians, as a LEO, there are very few places you have to worry about it. You have more to worry about and to lose if you are carrying with a CCW. Either way, states issue ccw's, not counties.
                              In NYS the counties play a big part.

Comment

• blk98gt
                                Forum Member
                                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by co94
                                They are always hiring. You just might be in the same boat that NJ folks are right now. They do not get allotted the same amount of slots as some other POE's might be getting right now. It goes by the needs of the port. If POE is important to you then initiate the process for Chicago and sit back and enjoy the ride for 1-2 years(always subject to change). But if POE is not important then jump on one of those southern or western border POE's. They are HOT right now.
                                I'm sorry but you lost me here. I chose Illinois and from what I understand you cannot change that anymore. All of my CASS areas are completed except for my background which I'm going through right now. Are you telling me that this might take another 1-2 years if I want to work in the Chicago area?
                                You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25129 users online. 67 members and 25062 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...