300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
    A state issued permit for a citizen to carry a concealed weapon.
    Thanks for yor quick response. What does it stands for?
    CBPO
    Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
    TO:--------------- 1/29/09
    Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
    Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
    VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
    Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
    BI:---------------- Pending....
    Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• At worst you are supporting the 2nd Amendment.
      Need? So what, since when are we satisfied with the minimum? Take the extra step. I can come up with some scenarios where you will need a CCW as a LEO. Use your imagination.
      Cover all your basis and don't give any high priced lawyer the opportunity to find a loophole in the system. Gun laws vary so much and are so confusing. One foot over the county line and you are subject to another set of restrictions. It really does not take much effort or cost all that much to renew permits in those states/counties where you are eligible.

Comment

• And at worse you can lose your job. Gun laws do vary yes, for civilians, as a LEO, there are very few places you have to worry about it. You have more to worry about and to lose if you are carrying with a CCW. Either way, states issue ccw's, not counties.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
          Thanks for yor quick response. What does it stands for?
          CCW - carrying a concealed weapon.

Not to be mean, but as a CBPO you need to be able understand context and searches. We were talking about off-duty, weapon, and CCW. So search whichever engine you like search the terms, CCW & weapon. One thing I have learned from current officers who post to this forum, your supervisor will gladly help you, but they also want you to help yourself and use critical thinking skills. You will not be spoon fed your entire career.
          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
            Transfers are handled very simply. You find someone to trade with, submit the paperwork and if it's approved by the numerous people in the chain, you pay to move your stuff to your new duty location. It is rare to actually successfully transfer. The other option is to take a permanent assignment to a temporary position, like CSI, pre-clearance (both are in foreign countries), instructor at FLETC and after your tenure at that location you can ask for one of several ports and the agency will move you where they want you.
            Rare? That's a strange thing to hear. I talked today to an actual CBPO and heard nothing close to this rarity you've expressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
              And at worse you can lose your job. Gun laws do vary yes, for civilians, as a LEO, there are very few places you have to worry about it. You have more to worry about and to lose if you are carrying with a CCW. Either way, states issue ccw's, not counties.
              Yes states issue CCW instead of counties.

Is there a current CBPO on the forum that can settle this debate with current policy?

Comment

Yes states issue CCW instead of counties.

Is there a current CBPO on the forum that can settle this debate with current policy?
                There is no debate here. Current CBPO's and retired (in good standing) are covered under hR 218 (LESOA).
                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                  My CASS still shows my pre-employment forms as pending, but when I emailed MHC they told me my file is in TSU......
                  I just sent an email, and surely enough, I am now in TSU. I emailed tsu also, but unfortunately, there are no vacancies for FL at the moment. Anyone else waiting on FL?

Comment

• Originally posted by FL_CBP View Post
                    I just sent an email, and surely enough, I am now in TSU. I emailed tsu also, but unfortunately, there are no vacancies for FL at the moment. Anyone else waiting on FL?
                    What is TSU's email again?

Comment

CCW - carrying a concealed weapon.

Not to be mean, but as a CBPO you need to be able understand context and searches. We were talking about off-duty, weapon, and CCW. So search whichever engine you like search the terms, CCW & weapon. One thing I have learned from current officers who post to this forum, your supervisor will gladly help you, but they also want you to help yourself and use critical thinking skills. You will not be spoon fed your entire career.
                      Thank you! I won't be spoon but I will be a fed all my career.
                      CBPO

Comment

• Just a little food for thought, TSU keep's a log of how many times you contact them, in there system.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
                          Rare? That's a strange thing to hear. I talked today to an actual CBPO and heard nothing close to this rarity you've expressed.
                          If you have a friend that is a CBPO, then what is your need to post here asking questions?...
                          There are quite a few CBPO's that answer questions to applicants, and KC12 happens to be one of them.
                          To answer your question as to how easy it is to transfer... it is very rare and difficult to have it happen, your best bet is to apply to the State you want to be in for the next 10 years at least. The easiest way to go about it, is to BODY SWAP, but you have to find someone from the port you want to go to that wants to go to your port to have that happen... and even then it has to be approved by both Port Directors.
                          This question has been answered numerous times, just like so many others, and can be answered by using the search feature or simply reading through the thread.
                          Last edited by yoda; 03-20-2009, 04:37 PM.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Thank you! I won't be spoon but I will be a fed all my career.
                            My mistake, nice catch. Sometimes the spell checker on my iPhone is more of a hassle then a feature. But what can I do? I'm just one man.

Comment

My mistake, nice catch. Sometimes the spell checker on my iPhone is more of a hassle then a feature. But what can I do? I'm just one man.
                              I am not making fun of you. I just made a joke out of it. Fed = Federal.
                              Just a little silly joke, tha's all.
                              CBPO

Comment

I am not making fun of you. I just made a joke out of it. Fed = Federal.
                                Just a little silly joke, tha's all.
                                I'm cool. As I said I wasn't trying to mean to you earlier.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6694 users online. 303 members and 6391 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X