300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Draven27 View Post
    Man, you gettin antsy again. Not to be rude, but does it matter??? Im assuming you're wondering because then they'll understand why you react the way you do. My advice, STOP WORRYING. Its a Video Based Interview! As stated above, you're gon be led to a room, sign a paper or two, they'll play the video and then you go home. RELAX man. Its easy! As a CBP officer told me before my VBT, "Dont worry, they know you dont know the regulations and protocols, etc., of a CBP officer. They dont expect you to act like one." Good luck, relax.
    Thanks for your help. That's not my question. My question is; At some point of the process will they see your reusume (SCBPO) because my VBT was administered by a SCBPO not a clerk or receptionist. I am just curios to know. I already had my VBT (see my signature). Or the resume stays with MHC.
    CBPO
    Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
    TO:--------------- 1/29/09
    Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
    Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
    VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
    Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
    BI:---------------- Pending....
    Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Getting Better??

Hey Merlin,

I understand not mentioning the firearms and use of force rules on a public forum, but do you think the agency as a whole is getting better? I know after many mergers the agency doesn't know what direction to go in. I know this job is not kicking down doors, but I am still a proactive guy and want to do my job. I just want to make sure the agency isn't always tying our hands and lets us do our jobs.
      FLCP

CBP0 (FL OTHER LOC)
      TEST - 7/21/08 (89)
      TO - 9/12/08
      VBT - 9/25/08: PASSED
      FIT TEST - 10/5/08: PASSED
      GS-7 11/14/08
      DT - 10/29/08 PASSED
      Met with BI in November 2008.
      MEDICAL - 4/1/09 CLEARED
      BACKGROUND - IN SECURITY OFFICE

IEA
      TEST - 5/26/09 (TAMPA)

Comment

• PT Standards

CBP has informed the Union that CBP will be implementing new fitness standards for graduation. No word on when CBP will implement the new standard.

CBP has notified NTEU of new fitness graduation standards that new hires will have to meet in order to pass FLETC training. In addition, CBP will be implemented a new daily training curriculum to assist employees in passing the new physical standards. The physical performance measures that students will have to satisfy are as follows:

· Arm lift;

· Lift/lower;

· Handgrip;

· Trunk Pull;

· Arm Endurance;

· Cargo Lift/Carry;

· Push-Ups;

· Sit-Ups;

· Kneel/Stand;

· 1.5 Mile Run;

· 12” Step Test;

· 14” Step Test;

· 220 Yard Run;

· Illinois Agility Run;

· Pro Agility Run;

· Side Step; and

· Sit and Reach.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
          A CCW permit should be had for as many states as you can afford. Especially those that you live in or near. LEO job or not. Gun owner or not.
          LEO's do not need a CCW!
          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
            LEO's do not need a CCW!
            I stand corrected:

The handgun licensure act (Public Act 372 of 1927) contains the 2000 "CCW" revisions. The Michigan Penal Code (MCL 750.227) forbids a person from carrying a concealed pistol without a license (granted under the handgun licensure act). The penal code exempts peace officers (who are "regularly employed and paid" by the federal government, the state, or a local government) from the requirement to obtain a CCW permit, but does not address reserve police officers or retired officers.

I am looking for clarity as to if this is only service weapon or any personal weapon that is not illegal?

Comment

• Clarity for what? CBPO's can only carry their duty firearm per their Agency ID/Badge off-duty. Other then that, you will need a CCW, which you don't need if you carry your duty weapon. If you get a CCW , don't carry your badge or ID. If something goes down and you draw, etc...with your CCW, you bet that CBP won't back you. Carry what they give you (free)!
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                Clarity for what? CBPO's can only carry their duty firearm per their Agency ID/Badge off-duty. Other then that, you will need a CCW, which you don't need if you carry your duty weapon. If you get a CCW , don't carry your badge or ID. If something goes down and you draw, etc...with your CCW, you bet that CBP won't back you. Carry what they give you (free)!
                Thats exactly what i stated in the original post. Anyway, point taken. Enough about that.

Comment

• Ok, back to Firebug's post which was too long to quote, but I am really concerned about this stupid sit and reach test. Maybe I'm not understanding the requirements that I read a while back, but it seemed that a person not only needed to be able to touch their toes, but needed to be able to rest their wrists on their toes. PLEEEAASSEE someone tell me I am wrong!

Comment

• Originally posted by mlrtme View Post
                    A quick question regarding your BI. In my current position, I am a manager and in charge of a 10-12 person staff. They all love to work with me and would/will be devastated if/when I leave. Will they contact my staff during the BI? I just don't want to break the news to them if I don't have to, but I also don't want the investigator to show up and have my staff freak.
                    Standard guidance is co-workers or supervisors. Subordinates are only contacted as a last resort, because they can be easily influenced.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5hole View Post
                      smpleone,
                      When did you take your medical exam? My EKG showed something similar to yours called a right bundle branch and my doctor said it was no big deal. Nonetheless I am paranoid since my medical still shows as pending and I haven't received any letters or calls.
                      5hole,
                      I took my medical on 3/3/09. Checking the CASS system, my medical is listed as pending also. I am just going to kick back and hope it all pans out.
                      I will IM you if I get any forms or notification re this matter.
                      smple

Comment

• Just passed my fitness again....one step closer to rush in to hurry up and wait. JERSEY CALL ME PLEASE!

Comment

• How is transferring duty stations handled? A curiosity more than anything else. Is there a time requirement when you first reach your duty station?

Comment

• Guys, can somone please responde to my question about CBP supervisors seeing your resume. What I want to know is; if they get to see you resume at any point of the whole process or just the people at the MHC see it?
                            CBPO
                            Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                            TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                            Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                            Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                            VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                            Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                            BI:---------------- Pending....
                            Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
                              Guys, can somone please responde to my question about CBP supervisors seeing your resume. What I want to know is; if they get to see you resume at any point of the whole process or just the people at the MHC see it?
                              No, they dont. They have nothing to do with hiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
                                Just passed my fitness again....one step closer to rush in to hurry up and wait. JERSEY CALL ME PLEASE!
                                I've been there dude. I would bet the farm that had my med and fit not expired, I'd have an EOD already. Hang in there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10139 users online. 480 members and 9659 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X