300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smpleone:

i didnt have an abnormal EKG but i had a history of ventricular tachycardia about 4 years back. i ended up having to get all of my medical documents for the last few years and a letter from my cardiologist answering a specific set of questions that the medical team sent me. the thing that took the longest for me was setting up all of the cardiologist appointments and passing all the tests he scheduled for me to make sure i'm okay now. once you send it all in, it takes 3-4 weeks or so to clear. i'm sure you just need a note from your doctor because it doesn't seem too bad from what you said.

Comment

• Guys, I have a question. When you go for the oral boards or VBT interviews do the CBP supervisors get a copy of your resume or OF-612, while they administer the interview? or they never see your resume?

Thanks....
      CBPO
      Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
      TO:--------------- 1/29/09
      Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
      Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
      VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
      Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
      BI:---------------- Pending....
      Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Thanks DLA. Do you know if Medical will send me forms requesting that I see the cardiologist? Or should I just wait and see what they send me?

Comment

• Originally posted by kd6512 View Post
          Some advice for those heading down to FLETC in the next few days or in the next few weeks.
          Stop at the local Walmart, Target, or Even the Express store on Base and pick up some dryer sheets. Put one of these sheets in your pocket if you have an early morning roll call outside. They help keep away the famous FLETC sand nats. These little black nats will eat any type of skin available and leave little red marks on the skin.
          Just thought I'd share what I learned when I was down there.

Remember stay safe and stick together!
          I would rub those dryer sheets preferably the bounce brand all over my arms and neck anywhere where skin was exposed. Also I went to REI and bought some high grade repellent, I was bitten about 5 times the whole time I was there!

On another note CBP is trying to make the academy more para military so expect to be shining your boots and ironing your uniforms and being ready for inspection everyday. They also implemented that the classes march or walk in columns where ever they went on campus!
          Last edited by ExSDSO; 03-19-2009, 10:16 PM.
          What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by smpleone View Post
            Thanks DLA. Do you know if Medical will send me forms requesting that I see the cardiologist? Or should I just wait and see what they send me?
            i'd say to just wait and see what they send you. just kick back. mine was an actual hospitalization for my problem and i had to take medication, so it's a little more serious. yours was just something that doesn't sound too bad that they found during EKG. it could have just been excitement or something you ate, who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
              Guys, I have a question. When you go for the oral boards or VBT interviews do the CBP supervisors get a copy of your resume or OF-612, while they administer the interview? or they never see your resume?

Thanks....
              For the VBT the only person you may speak to is a receptionist. For the VBT, I arrived at the customs office, showed gov. photo ID to the receptionist, then the lady led me to a back office and turned on a TV. When the video was done, the lady came back in and led me out. That was it.

For the oral board, the only thing I needed was again a gov. photo ID. No resumé or OF-612 was asked for. I have heard some posts saying the BPAs asked for one, but that seems to be out of the ordinary.

So for both just arrive 5-10 minutes early in suit and tie with gov. issued photo ID, unless other documents were specificly requested. And don't forget to leave your cellphone in your vehicle.
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Hi, I tested March 3rd-09 In San Diego, CA , I got my score like a week ago and I got an 89, I applied to work here in SD, how long do you guys think it'll take for me to get a call, and also is there a chance they could actually offer me a job elsewhere rather than SD because I see that they have a lot of people already, should I just wait or ask for another location

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
                  Guys, I have a question. When you go for the oral boards or VBT interviews do the CBP supervisors get a copy of your resume or OF-612, while they administer the interview? or they never see your resume?

Thanks....
                  Man, you gettin antsy again. Not to be rude, but does it matter??? Im assuming you're wondering because then they'll understand why you react the way you do. My advice, STOP WORRYING. Its a Video Based Interview! As stated above, you're gon be led to a room, sign a paper or two, they'll play the video and then you go home. RELAX man. Its easy! As a CBP officer told me before my VBT, "Dont worry, they know you dont know the regulations and protocols, etc., of a CBP officer. They dont expect you to act like one." Good luck, relax.
                  Test: 12/8/08
                  EOD: June 22, 2009
                  Class 960
                  FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                    i'd say to just wait and see what they send you. just kick back. mine was an actual hospitalization for my problem and i had to take medication, so it's a little more serious. yours was just something that doesn't sound too bad that they found during EKG. it could have just been excitement or something you ate, who knows.
                    Yeah I will do that. Thanks for the heads up. I may just be worrying for nothing... could have been that Ulitmate Bacon Cheeseburger from Jack in the Crack for all I know!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Well yeah. There isnt a reason to go armed on a plane unless you are going TDY or moving. And even still you gotta check it locked up.
                      whats TDY?

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                        whats TDY?
                        Extended temporary duty somewhere other than your home port. You'll be on TDY if and when you get to FLETC.

There's another good reason not to discuss firearms policy on this board. Apparently nobody has it down quite correctly. There are holes in those explanations one could drive a bus through.

It's more or less goofy at this point anyways. There's been a new Use of Force policy signed since 05/08. At some point in the near future it'll be implemented, and all this talk of the interim policy will matter not.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          Extended temporary duty somewhere other than your home port. You'll be on TDY if and when you get to FLETC.

There's another good reason not to discuss firearms policy on this board. Apparently nobody has it down quite correctly. There are holes in those explanations one could drive a bus through.

It's more or less goofy at this point anyways. There's been a new Use of Force policy signed since 05/08. At some point in the near future it'll be implemented, and all this talk of the interim policy will matter not.
                          Agreed. I will be keeping and/or transfering my CW permit just to make sure I am fully covered off-duty.
                          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                            Agreed. I will be keeping and/or transfering my CW permit just to make sure I am fully covered off-duty.
                            Everyone should have a state issued CCW permit to fall back on, just in case it's needed.

Obviously, in the more radical states CCW permits are not easy to get. Someone might not be able to obtain one...but if it's possible to get the permit, it's a great idea to have it. Especially if somebody has the notion of carrying something other than duty-issued firearms.

Comment

• A CCW permit should be had for as many states as you can afford. Especially those that you live in or near. LEO job or not. Gun owner or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by smpleone View Post
                                So I just received a letter from CHS letting me know that on my physical, my EKG revealed a slight conduction delay and to review it with my personal physician. (from the net I gather it's a level one and doesn't require medications) I am assuming this is going to cause a bit of a delay in my medical? Anyone else have an abnormal EKG?
                                smpleone,
                                When did you take your medical exam? My EKG showed something similar to yours called a right bundle branch and my doctor said it was no big deal. Nonetheless I am paranoid since my medical still shows as pending and I haven't received any letters or calls.
                                Written: 12/9
                                NOR: 12/12 (94)
                                TO: 1/29
                                VBT: 2/26 completed
                                Medical: 4/27 completed
                                Fitness: 3/2 completed
                                Drug: 3/12 completed
                                BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
                                Quals: completed on 3/19
                                The Call: 4/27
                                EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
                                FLETC: 7/1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6837 users online. 292 members and 6545 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X