Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
    Say I do get "The call", how often do they hold academies?
    Often. Sometimes, 2-3 per week. In '07, for my first time, there was two new classes every week. Pretty good odds of getting called once you hit TSU. Alot of it depends on your geo preference though.

    Comment


    • Hey guys been browsing the forum for a while, just wanted to let you know I put in for duty location Michigan. Cleared CASS Feb 13th. Got the call Feb 27, call then back on monday mar 2nd. They gave me the option of the Soo, port huron, or detroit. I accepted detroit my EOD is March 30th. Fletc is class 944 April 30th to Aug 12th.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
        24/7 in certain places. Airplane is a no go.
        Many officers I work with carry any weapon of they're choice. They dont JUST carry the p2000. They carry these weapons without a ccw as well. Tehy carry on the simple fact that they are a sworn federal officer and the HR218 Bill that President Bush passed.

        As for me I cant confirm or deny that I carry the P2000 off duty.
        What if quotas did exist?!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          Often. Sometimes, 2-3 per week. In '07, for my first time, there was two new classes every week. Pretty good odds of getting called once you hit TSU. Alot of it depends on your geo preference though.
          Ah, that's a lot more than I expected. I put down Northern Virginia/D.C which includes Dulles Airport since I already work there and know a lot of people.....I've been told they are hurting really bad for people, but who knows the accuracy of that......

          Comment


          • Originally posted by James79 View Post
            Hey guys been browsing the forum for a while, just wanted to let you know I put in for duty location Michigan. Cleared CASS Feb 13th. Got the call Feb 27, call then back on monday mar 2nd. They gave me the option of the Soo, port huron, or detroit. I accepted detroit my EOD is March 30th. Fletc is class 944 April 30th to Aug 12th.
            Glad they are offering PH, thats what im shooting for. Congrats!

            Comment


            • Hi, I'm Mike, and I'm a CASSoholic.

              VBT updated today as completed

              One step closer...
              CBPO Timeline
              Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
              NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
              Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
              Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
              Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
              BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
              Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
              The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
              EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
              FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
              Graduation: 10/14/09

              Comment


              • Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
                Hi, I'm Mike, and I'm a CASSoholic.

                VBT updated today as completed

                One step closer...
                Me too, it's weird how I cant stop checking CASS every 5 to 10 minutes even though I know it's going to get update until a few weeks from now. But I am still checking just in case, hey, you never know. I am SUPER CASS-oholicccccccccc! I am going p nuts in this waiting game.

                God, please help me!
                CBPO
                Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                Location:---------- NYC/JFK
                TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                BI:---------------- Pending....
                Quals:------------- Pending....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
                  Me too, it's weird how I cant stop checking CASS every 5 to 10 minutes even though I know it's going to get update until a few weeks from now. But I am still checking just in case, hey, you never know. I am SUPER CASS-oholicccccccccc! I am going p nuts in this waiting game.

                  God, please help me!
                  Although in actuality the wait isnt that long, it feels to the applicant like forever. So whatever you choose to do to make the wait a little easier is ok! I hope to never have to see a CASS again in my life!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SD CBP View Post
                    Hey DLA - My first time logging in. I too was offered an EOD of 3/30/09 and FLETC of 5/6/2009 for either San Ysidro, Otay Mesa, or Tecate, but unforunately I had to turn it down for now. I'm in school and it's too late to withdraw from my classes, so I asked if I could be considered for a later academy which was not conflicting with my school schedule - they said that my file would be "deferred". I also asked if they knew when the next academy (after 5/6/09) was going to be, but they said they didn't. If you hear anything about when the following academy will take place (once you enter on duty), I would appreciate a heads-up. Thanks!
                    a guy that i met at the VBT said that he got called and is going to FLETC May 14. dude, i'm not trying to say anything about your decision, but if i were you i would have taken the offer. yes school is very important, which is why i made sure to finish up my bachelors but definitely if you are looking towards law enforcement and CBP was a choice of yours, then it is already here being presented to you. it takes a minimum of 4 years to get a degree and a 3.0 or 3.2 GPA along with it to qualify for GS-7. or.. you can start at GS-5 if that is what they offered you and 1 year later you are already GS-7. just something to think about.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mlrtme View Post
                      A quick question regarding your BI. In my current position, I am a manager and in charge of a 10-12 person staff. They all love to work with me and would/will be devastated if/when I leave. Will they contact my staff during the BI? I just don't want to break the news to them if I don't have to, but I also don't want the investigator to show up and have my staff freak.
                      To answer your question from my own experience, Yes. They will talk to everyone that you work with daily. Some more extensive than others. As for breaking the news...I think your team would be more than happy for you that you're applying to what would be hopefully a better position. Unless...

                      To SD CBP I feel for ya man. I had to drop a $1500 course in the middle of the semester because I got the call. I will now graduate in June with only a Bachelors not to include my minor. Sacrifices!

                      Only you know what is best for you.
                      Last edited by Kneeo; 03-19-2009, 08:14 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Some advice for those heading down to FLETC in the next few days or in the next few weeks.
                        Stop at the local Walmart, Target, or Even the Express store on Base and pick up some dryer sheets. Put one of these sheets in your pocket if you have an early morning roll call outside. They help keep away the famous FLETC sand nats. These little black nats will eat any type of skin available and leave little red marks on the skin.
                        Just thought I'd share what I learned when I was down there.


                        Remember stay safe and stick together!

                        Comment


                        • weird.. wonder how that works. good to know though. thanks.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by kd6512 View Post
                            Some advice for those heading down to FLETC in the next few days or in the next few weeks.
                            Stop at the local Walmart, Target, or Even the Express store on Base and pick up some dryer sheets. Put one of these sheets in your pocket if you have an early morning roll call outside. They help keep away the famous FLETC sand nats. These little black nats will eat any type of skin available and leave little red marks on the skin.
                            Just thought I'd share what I learned when I was down there.


                            Remember stay safe and stick together!
                            What the hell?? Outside roll call? When they start that baloney?

                            Comment


                            • So I just received a letter from CHS letting me know that on my physical, my EKG revealed a slight conduction delay and to review it with my personal physician. (from the net I gather it's a level one and doesn't require medications) I am assuming this is going to cause a bit of a delay in my medical? Anyone else have an abnormal EKG?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                What the hell?? Outside roll call? When they start that baloney?

                                We had outside roll call when I went through in 1997.

                                FB

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 13444 users online. 490 members and 12954 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X