300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double post
    Last edited by tippmann87; 03-23-2009, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
      GOT THE CALL FOR Newark!

TSU 8/8/08
      EOD April 13
      Graduation from academy Sept 1

Pounds of sweat I'll lose doing PT in GA during August roughly 400
      CONGRATS!!!!! I've been waiting for Newark, have been in TSU since 12/15/08 but now i have to retake my fitness tomorrow. I hope they hold a spot for me.
      Last edited by jflores; 03-19-2009, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• My Backround completed today!! Now gotta take my fitness again tommorrow morning because it expired then I'll b in TSU!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
          Hey guys,
          I have been reading this forum for the last couple weeks and due to all the great info, I decided I would join in. I have been working for the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) at Dulles International Airport (IAD) for a year now. After getting laid off as a Cadet with a local police department, I decided to try the Federal route. I applied to become a CBPO back in July 2008 after working closely with CBP while at TSA. TSA Has been a great stepping stone and a cool first hand experience to be able to work with CBP.

As of today (3/19/09) CASS shows that my back ground investigation is now completed. The only thing still pending are Pre-employment forms. I was wondering if that is weird that everything including my background is done, but the pre-employment forms are still pending?

Thanks in advance!
          Well, that is good news. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! Pre-employment forms is the easy and obvious step. Just assume it to be complete.
          Good Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
            My Backround completed today!! Now gotta take my fitness again tommorrow morning because it expired then I'll b in TSU!!
            I feel your pain. I was in TSU for a couple days, but then had my med expire and had to redo it on March 4th. My medical finally updated back to complete today.

Comment

• I see you getting closer, barnaj. Good luck to you!
              CBPO
              Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
              TO:--------------- 1/29/09
              Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
              Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
              VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
              Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
              BI:---------------- Pending....
              Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
                I see you getting closer, barnaj. Good luck to you!
                Thanks! If you see me magically disappear from this forum, it probably means i got my call. Im not holding my breath though. Everytime I clear a hurdle, something else expires. First fitness, then medical, probably be drug test next. Knock on wood...

Comment

• Originally posted by Draven27 View Post
                  Not to sound like a dick but why would that be debated. Its only been said by the majority that it updates on Tuesday and THursdays......not ONLY on Tuesdays and THursdays. It updates when it updates.

mlrtme,

Looks like we still keeping pace. My CASS updated today. Got 2 more checks. My BI is in the security office but Im behind you with the Medical, no check for me on that one yet.

Ya, it does look like things are in parallel regarding you and me. I just need the drug test to come back and then the BI. I'm sure you are just a few days away for the medical to clear. Let's keep our fingers crossed and keep each other updated on our progress!
                  Last edited by mlrtme; 03-19-2009, 04:17 PM.
                  Test Date: 12/8/08
                  NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
                  TO: 1/30/09-Received
                  Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
                  VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
                  Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
                  Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
                  Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
                  Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
                  BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                    As an officer you are authorized 24/7 carry privelages. The catch is this is for carrying your duty weapon and creds and with that you must abide by federal law. If you wanna carry your personal sidearm, you need a CCW for the state you live in and then abide by state law.
                    24/7 in certain places. Airplane is a no go.
                    Last edited by irishlad2nv; 03-19-2009, 03:35 PM.
                    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                      24/7 in certain places. Airplane is a no go.
                      Well yeah. There isnt a reason to go armed on a plane unless you are going TDY or moving. And even still you gotta check it locked up.

Comment

Well yeah. There isnt a reason to go armed on a plane unless you are going TDY or moving. And even still you gotta check it locked up.
                        There several reasons to fly armed, however CBP cannot. TDY, yes. Moving no. Checked in, yes.
                        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• i sent in all my forms and they got them now, how long does it take for the next step. i have to do the vbt on the 25th of this month. but what after that? i hoping it moves quick b/c i put in for the southwest and i know they are needing people there
                          "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

Well, that is good news. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! Pre-employment forms is the easy and obvious step. Just assume it to be complete.
                            Good Luck.
                            I sent an email to the hiring center asking them about it and got this response: "The reason it appears as pending is due to a form we requested from your current federal employer. Once we receive it, it will go back to cleared. You file is now in the Training and Scheduling Unit. They will contact you when a funded position is available. Thank you!"

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                              I sent an email to the hiring center asking them about it and got this response: "The reason it appears as pending is due to a form we requested from your current federal employer. Once we receive it, it will go back to cleared. You file is now in the Training and Scheduling Unit. They will contact you when a funded position is available. Thank you!"
                              Thats awesome man. Probably an SF-50 form or something. Regardless just hope that your at the front of the line for cleared applicants.

Comment

Thats awesome man. Probably an SF-50 form or something. Regardless just hope that your at the front of the line for cleared applicants.
                                Say I do get "The call", how often do they hold academies?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12723 users online. 422 members and 12301 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X