Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what my chances of being called back are after turning down an EOD of 3/30/09 and FLETC of 5/6/09? I had to do it because I'm in school, but I let them know that I'm still interested in the following academy (afetr 5/6/09) - does anyone know someone who's been in that situation? If so, what was the outcome...did TSU in fact consider them for the following academy? Hopefully it helps that my location of interest is San Diego and so I'm thinking they always need people down here.
    CBPO
    Written Exam: 7/08
    GEO Pref: San Diego, CA
    NOR (96): 8/08
    VBT: 9/08
    Fitness/Medical: 10/08
    Drug Test: 11/08
    Contacted by BI: 12/08
    BI Completed: 2/08
    Referred to TSU: 3/5/09
    Got the Call (TSU) for EOD of Mar. 30th: 3/13/09
    Requested to be Deferred: 3/13/09
    EOD: 8/3/2009
    FLETC: 8/14/09 or 8/25/09

IEA
    Written Exam: 5/29/09
    GEO Pref: San Diego, CA
    NOR (96): 7/10/09

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
      got a silly question guys, can you carry your duty weapon, as an off duty concealed or..... like how does that work? In Regards for example you are a CBPO
      As an officer you are authorized 24/7 carry privelages. The catch is this is for carrying your duty weapon and creds and with that you must abide by federal law. If you wanna carry your personal sidearm, you need a CCW for the state you live in and then abide by state law.

Comment

• Originally posted by miami1987 View Post
        are CBPO's entilted to the law enforcement pay scale like the Border Patrol.

for example the gs5 position for a BP AGENT is 37,953(locality RUS). does a CBPO start at the 37,953(loc RUS) or does he start at 30,772(loc RUS) i understand if you go to a different area the pay is different but i want to know if CBPO are entitled to the LE gs pay scale for grades 3-10. thank you.

Also wanted to know if anyone knows when the next oppening might be announced? maybe around May/June?
        any chance that Texas and South Florida will open up?
        FYI
        BPA's go by GL pay scale, CBPO's go by GS pay scale... CBPO's go up to GS-11 non-competitive, with 20yr service LE retirment (12d/6c). Locality is based on where you fall in... google GS pay scale and you'll see the tables with locality added to it.
        It was mentioned a few pages back that a New Announcement will most likely come in April.
        Last edited by yoda; 03-19-2009, 01:12 PM.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by SD CBP View Post
          Does anyone know what my chances of being called back are after turning down an EOD of 3/30/09 and FLETC of 5/6/09? I had to do it because I'm in school, but I let them know that I'm still interested in the following academy (afetr 5/6/09) - does anyone know someone who's been in that situation? If so, what was the outcome...did TSU in fact consider them for the following academy? Hopefully it helps that my location of interest is San Diego and so I'm thinking they always need people down here.
          You didn't turn down the "ACADEMY" you turned down a job offer, there have been other applicants that have had their dates moved because of prior engagements, some of them because of school, it is up to them to pick you up at that date or not. Remember that you go an offer when an opening was there for you, there's no guarantee there will be an opening for you once you finish school, you will have to wait for one.
          FYI
          Classes begin every week at FLETC, it is not like a police academy where classes are every 6 months...
          Hope this info helped.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
            The drug test people called me to setup an appointment tomm.question though guys, do they overnight u a package to bring along like they did for the medical/fitness papers?
            I got them via overnight mail...
            Test Date: 12/8/08
            NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
            TO: 1/30/09-Received
            Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
            VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
            Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
            Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
            Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
            Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
            BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Originally posted by 10-4EP View Post
              ok so i checked my fill on CASS this morning and fitness is completed but my medical went to there Medical Review Office what does that mean and does it really take the full four weeks to get something back on my medical.

Tested: 12/11/2008 comlpeted (scored 90)
              TO:2/3/2009 completed (Southwest texas and New Mexico)
              Forms:2/13/2009 completed
              Medical:Pending: went to MRO
              Drug Test:2/24/2009completed
              Fitness:3/5/2009 completed
              BI:Pending: case is in security office.

Mine was in the same situation and it updated on CASS in 10 days...

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
                Hello guys! I'm the new guy and all i have left is my BI/Qualifications pending for CBPO.

Here are my concerns.

My BI was moving at the speed of light and all of a sudden it stopped to a crawl? Literally, after I did my research, 3 people were left that needed to be contacted. All of my employers were contacted, everything and everyone minus 3 individuals have been interviewed. Now, these are my variables, I did have several jobs and I also had several states involved in my BI. The only other factor that I was assured by the investigator wouldn't be a problem, is that I had forgotten a few odd jobs YEARS ago that lasted no more than a month or two and couldn't surface any real information on. I was told it shouldn't be a problem being that I'm coming forward with it. Plus, the investigator eventually surfaced the info and I confirmed...this was months ago???

Have I hit the "pile" for some reason? I have been reading this thread and took notice some of you have contact info on IA. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I wanted to meet and talk with you guys stationed at the Washington State/Canada borders and get some insight on the areas out there. So far I'm thinking Bellingham is the most populated city and has the most activity, is that so? I'm interested in the duty stations that will leave me close to British Columbia, as I visit a great deal. I feel very confident (being prior military) that I will be offered a position (still crossing fingers lol)

Thanks for your help guys.
                I had people on my list that the BI never contacted. He told me that he goteverything he needed from those he met with already. So dont seweat it he may never need to contact the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
                  Guys, usually, how long does it take for the pre-employment forms to get completed?

Thank you!
                  Mine took less than a week! I sent them priority/certified mail. As long as you filled everything out correctly and mailed all required paperwork, you'll be fine!

Comment

• A quick question regarding your BI. In my current position, I am a manager and in charge of a 10-12 person staff. They all love to work with me and would/will be devastated if/when I leave. Will they contact my staff during the BI? I just don't want to break the news to them if I don't have to, but I also don't want the investigator to show up and have my staff freak.

Comment

• New guys...before asking questions here...do some research, on this thread and elsewhere. A lot of the questions being asked are kindergarten level questions asked and answered here(and elsewhere) numerous times.

Searching for answers is a skill you'll need on the job. You might as well start practicing now, there'll be few people nearby to throw you softball answers when you are working.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                        I had people on my list that the BI never contacted. He told me that he goteverything he needed from those he met with already. So dont seweat it he may never need to contact the rest.
                        I see...I'm just wondering what can it be...at first, everything was moving along fast...then it slowed down to a crawl.

I'm sure positions are being filled while those of us who are waiting for the BI to clear. I guess I'm just concerned that I'm missing out at my location because IA seems to be moving at a slower pace with my file.

Comment

• WOW ok thanks for the info mlrtme I guess I will just have to wait and see whats going on then.

looks like me you have almost the some time frame mlrtme. Where did you put in for?

Test:12/11/2008
                          NOR:12/21/2008 (scored 90)
                          TO:2/3/2009 (Southwest Texas and New Mexico)
                          Medical:Pending: went to there MRO
                          Drug test:2/24/2009 completed
                          VBT:2/24/2009 completed
                          BI: in security office

Comment

• Originally posted by 10-4EP View Post
                            WOW ok thanks for the info mlrtme I guess I will just have to wait and see whats going on then.

looks like me you have almost the some time frame mlrtme. Where did you put in for?

Test:12/11/2008
                            NOR:12/21/2008 (scored 90)
                            TO:2/3/2009 (Southwest Texas and New Mexico)
                            Medical:Pending: went to there MRO
                            Drug test:2/24/2009 completed
                            VBT:2/24/2009 completed
                            BI: in security office
                            No worries! My geo preference is WA-all other locations

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              As an officer you are authorized 24/7 carry privelages. The catch is this is for carrying your duty weapon and creds and with that you must abide by federal law. If you wanna carry your personal sidearm, you need a CCW for the state you live in and then abide by state law.

Arguably, that's dated.

Or at least will be dated when then new firearms policy is finally implemented.

***Before anybody asks, I'm not going to discuss firearms policy...past, present or future...on this board. This is an open board, there's no way of knowing who's reading here, or what their intentions may be.

If you're still an applicant, you have no current need to know. If you've been hired then you'll be hearing it officially soon enough.***

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
                                This will be random, but I remember reading throughout this thread about CASS and when it updates. I've actually seen mine update over the weekend once. I'm sure this will be debated...but I'm telling you...it did in fact update over the weekend.

A guy that I know who's already an CBPO told me that the CASS site updates very slow...and you can be far along the process than you may think you are...

Anyone else experience this?
                                Not to sound like a dick but why would that be debated. Its only been said by the majority that it updates on Tuesday and THursdays......not ONLY on Tuesdays and THursdays. It updates when it updates.

mlrtme,

Looks like we still keeping pace. My CASS updated today. Got 2 more checks. My BI is in the security office but Im behind you with the Medical, no check for me on that one yet.
                                Test: 12/8/08
                                EOD: June 22, 2009
                                Class 960
                                FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8199 users online. 225 members and 7974 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X