300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Sheesh...most officers do not become fatsos.

There are a few 15-20-25 year guys who have let themselves go. There are a few fairly new older hires who have let themselves get out-of-shape. However, the vast majority are at least in OK shape.

If anybody's looking to promote or join specialty teams, it might be wise to think about your fitness now. There are always exceptions...but most of the guys who promote, most of the guys who make it on specialty units are guys in at least fairly good shape.
    Something to think about...
    Being large and in charge doesn't mean you can't handle yourself. I once saw King Kong Bundy go about 20 minutes against Hulk Hogan in a steel cage in WrestleMania 2. I think it's more of an appearance issue, as you are supposed to be the face of America at the border.

Comment

• Next academy??

Originally posted by DLA View Post
      only 2 weeks of pre-academy? i've got like 5.. ugh.
      Hey DLA - My first time logging in. I too was offered an EOD of 3/30/09 and FLETC of 5/6/2009 for either San Ysidro, Otay Mesa, or Tecate, but unforunately I had to turn it down for now. I'm in school and it's too late to withdraw from my classes, so I asked if I could be considered for a later academy which was not conflicting with my school schedule - they said that my file would be "deferred". I also asked if they knew when the next academy (after 5/6/09) was going to be, but they said they didn't. If you hear anything about when the following academy will take place (once you enter on duty), I would appreciate a heads-up. Thanks!
      CBPO
      Written Exam: 7/08
      GEO Pref: San Diego, CA
      NOR (96): 8/08
      VBT: 9/08
      Fitness/Medical: 10/08
      Drug Test: 11/08
      Contacted by BI: 12/08
      BI Completed: 2/08
      Referred to TSU: 3/5/09
      Got the Call (TSU) for EOD of Mar. 30th: 3/13/09
      Requested to be Deferred: 3/13/09
      EOD: 8/3/2009
      FLETC: 8/14/09 or 8/25/09

IEA
      Written Exam: 5/29/09
      GEO Pref: San Diego, CA
      NOR (96): 7/10/09

Comment

• HI everone Im new to the Forum not sure if this question has been asked before but whatever. I have done my drug test, VBT, and sent the Pre-employment forms and they are completed on CASS and I also did my fitness and medical but they have not been completed on CASS. what is the wait for my BI to start and have somone contact me that they are starting my BI.
        thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by 10-4EP View Post
          HI everone Im new to the Forum not sure if this question has been asked before but whatever. I have done my drug test, VBT, and sent the Pre-employment forms and they are completed on CASS and I also did my fitness and medical but they have not been completed on CASS. what is the wait for my BI to start and have somone contact me that they are starting my BI.
          thanks
          It's pretty much different for everyone. Some people clear the BI with ever being contacted. Some have an interview and don't clear for 6 months. It's pretty random.

Comment

• thanks barnaj
            I have an other question do you all think they will redo my BI I just had one done like five months ago because I just got in to BP maint

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              Well, keep in mind that the BI process isn't the same for everyone. There is no guarantee those 3 people will ever be interviewed, due to time constraints and the unability to schedule those people for interviews in the alloted amount of time. Also, some jobs just need to be verified. I had a job back in late '00 and couldnt remember the address and didnt have my ex-supervisor's number. I imagine they just looked at my old tax info to verify that i did indeed work there. Some people say their BI interviewed all these people from the neighborhood, whereas mine just went next door to the neighbor that happened to be home at the time.
              Ok, nonetheless, we are talking months have passed and the majority of info minus 3 individuals has been verified. What can be keeping it up at this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
                Ok, nonetheless, we are talking months have passed and the majority of info minus 3 individuals has been verified. What can be keeping it up at this point?
                They only have to contact how many of your given references as they want, from there they'll try to generate new ones... and if it has not been 6 months since you met your investigator then you need to be a bit more patient.
                I know better than most that the whole investigation process is tedious at best, and the wait can get unbearable at times... keep in mind that others have been waiting longer and that the whole process has NO rhyme or reason... IA does as they wish!
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• GOT THE CALL FOR Newark!

TSU 8/8/08
                  EOD April 13
                  Graduation from academy Sept 1

Pounds of sweat I'll lose doing PT in GA during August roughly 400

Comment

• This will be random, but I remember reading throughout this thread about CASS and when it updates. I've actually seen mine update over the weekend once. I'm sure this will be debated...but I'm telling you...it did in fact update over the weekend.

A guy that I know who's already an CBPO told me that the CASS site updates very slow...and you can be far along the process than you may think you are...

Anyone else experience this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
                      GOT THE CALL FOR Newark!

TSU 8/8/08
                      EOD April 13
                      Graduation from academy Sept 1

Pounds of sweat I'll lose doing PT in GA during August roughly 400
                      Congradulations!!! Wow you've been in TSU for a minute there! I'm hopeing to get the call myself as well. TSU since 02/20/09
                      Last edited by FreeAgent; 03-19-2009, 11:52 AM. Reason: Can't Spell...LOL

Comment

• ok so i checked my fill on CASS this morning and fitness is completed but my medical went to there Medical Review Office what does that mean and does it really take the full four weeks to get something back on my medical.

Tested: 12/11/2008 comlpeted (scored 90)
                        TO:2/3/2009 completed (Southwest texas and New Mexico)
                        Forms:2/13/2009 completed
                        Medical:Pending: went to MRO
                        Drug Test:2/24/2009completed
                        Fitness:3/5/2009 completed
                        BI:Pending: case is in security office.

Comment

• Originally posted by 10-4EP View Post
                          ok so i checked my fill on CASS this morning and fitness is completed but my medical went to there Medical Review Office what does that mean and does it really take the full four weeks to get something back on my medical.

Tested: 12/11/2008 comlpeted (scored 90)
                          TO:2/3/2009 completed (Southwest texas and New Mexico)
                          Forms:2/13/2009 completed
                          Medical:Pending: went to MRO
                          Drug Test:2/24/2009completed
                          Fitness:3/5/2009 completed
                          BI:Pending: case is in security office.
                          Your medical records are in the hands of the beholder, it's all random. It can and can't take the long. Give it some time. Oh don't forget to say congrats! You'll eventually get the call assuming you'll pass everything...LOL it's good karma!

Comment

• Thanks for the info FreeAgent
                            I guess I will keep an ear out for a phone call
                            thanks and good luck to all

Comment

• CBP pay

are CBPO's entilted to the law enforcement pay scale like the Border Patrol.

for example the gs5 position for a BP AGENT is 37,953(locality RUS). does a CBPO start at the 37,953(loc RUS) or does he start at 30,772(loc RUS) i understand if you go to a different area the pay is different but i want to know if CBPO are entitled to the LE gs pay scale for grades 3-10. thank you.

Also wanted to know if anyone knows when the next oppening might be announced? maybe around May/June?
                              any chance that Texas and South Florida will open up?

Comment

• got a silly question guys, can you carry your duty weapon, as an off duty concealed or..... like how does that work? In Regards for example you are a CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12936 users online. 486 members and 12450 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X