300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by judoka77 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is an annual physical once you are hired by CBP or is the entrance medical exam the only time you are evaluated?

Just curious if something can "come up" from another required physical once you are hired on, that makes you suddenly ineligible.

Thanks for any help.

Actually...I believe they can ask for a current exam to be conducted at their expense if there is a question of whether or not someone is fit to continue on the job. I can't say I know of it being done, but I believe it's an option they have...

One more reason for someone not to let himself fall apart completely over the course of his career...

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Actually...I believe they can ask for a current exam to be conducted at their expense if there is a question of whether or not someone is fit to continue on the job. I can't say I know of it being done, but I believe it's an option they have...

One more reason for someone not to let himself fall apart completely over the course of his career...
      Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Yes. If you dont gain at least 30 lbs. in your first 3 yrs., you're fired.
        are you serious you gotta gain 30 lbs lol?

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post

lol no man, he's just kidding around.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Absolutely.

I think we each may be partially correct. The under-37 gang hired after 12/07 is subject to mandatory retirement at 57. That was listed in the retirement FAQ's last year.

The over-36 crowd...I'm not so sure.
            That could be, it doesn't seem very fair and will probably be lawsuits out the ying-yang if it's true, but it does sound like the government.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
              lol no man, he's just kidding around.
              Yeah, don't you see that most of them, after a while are fatsos.
              CBPO
              Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
              TO:--------------- 1/29/09
              Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
              Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
              VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
              Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
              BI:---------------- Pending....
              Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Guys, usually, how long does it take for the pre-employment forms to get completed?

Thank you!
                Last edited by ImmOff; 03-19-2009, 08:41 AM.
                CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
                  i don't believe you are correct, as I HEARD.. from my friend who is a CBP. They talk to your reference first before talk to you... so.... that's what i heard.. may be i am wrong.
                  The BI does the investigation in whatever order fits their schedule. Many are retirees doing BI's, as my investigator put it, to pay for beer and golf. So if a records check or interview is near the golf course they'll grab it either before or after their round of golf.

In my case, I was a full time investigator. So when I had my package of ten or fifteen cases to complete within the next two weeks, I'd hit everything in a specific area resulting in me working on three, four or five different cases every day. Two weeks to complete a case is very generous, the actual work involved with completing a case normally takes a day or two then a couple hours to type it up. The longest single part of working the case is the interview with the subject, which can last as short as an hour or as long as a day. My longest was five hours, but the guy had a very extensive past and had moved around a lot. As you can imagine, if an investigator came to your house to inquire about a neighbor you'd probably answer their questions, but after 20-30 minutes you'd be ready to tell them the interview was over. That is about how long those interviews last for a new investigator. As the investigator gains experience it can be shortened to about 15 minutes.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• The drug test people called me to setup an appointment tomm.question though guys, do they overnight u a package to bring along like they did for the medical/fitness papers?

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                      No, it doesn't have to be 30. If you saw Homeland Security USA, some people gain 50-100...

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
                        Guys, usually, how long does it take for the pre-employment forms to get completed?

Thank you!
                        Oddly enough it can take a while. You'd think it would be really fast but it's not. Don't sweat it though, as long as you sent them everything correctly, it's just a matter of CASS updating. Assume it as completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          Oddly enough it can take a while. You'd think it would be really fast but it's not. Don't sweat it though, as long as you sent them everything correctly, it's just a matter of CASS updating. Assume it as completed.
                          Thank you barnaj.
                          CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
                            Yeah, don't you see that most of them, after a while are fatsos.
                            Sheesh...most officers do not become fatsos.

There are a few 15-20-25 year guys who have let themselves go. There are a few fairly new older hires who have let themselves get out-of-shape. However, the vast majority are at least in OK shape.

If anybody's looking to promote or join specialty teams, it might be wise to think about your fitness now. There are always exceptions...but most of the guys who promote, most of the guys who make it on specialty units are guys in at least fairly good shape.
                            Something to think about...

Comment

• Hello guys! I'm the new guy and all i have left is my BI/Qualifications pending for CBPO.

Here are my concerns.

My BI was moving at the speed of light and all of a sudden it stopped to a crawl? Literally, after I did my research, 3 people were left that needed to be contacted. All of my employers were contacted, everything and everyone minus 3 individuals have been interviewed. Now, these are my variables, I did have several jobs and I also had several states involved in my BI. The only other factor that I was assured by the investigator wouldn't be a problem, is that I had forgotten a few odd jobs YEARS ago that lasted no more than a month or two and couldn't surface any real information on. I was told it shouldn't be a problem being that I'm coming forward with it. Plus, the investigator eventually surfaced the info and I confirmed...this was months ago???

Have I hit the "pile" for some reason? I have been reading this thread and took notice some of you have contact info on IA. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I wanted to meet and talk with you guys stationed at the Washington State/Canada borders and get some insight on the areas out there. So far I'm thinking Bellingham is the most populated city and has the most activity, is that so? I'm interested in the duty stations that will leave me close to British Columbia, as I visit a great deal. I feel very confident (being prior military) that I will be offered a position (still crossing fingers lol)

Thanks for your help guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
                                Hello guys! I'm the new guy and all i have left is my BI/Qualifications pending for CBPO.

Here are my concerns.

My BI was moving at the speed of light and all of a sudden it stopped to a crawl? Literally, after I did my research, 3 people were left that needed to be contacted. All of my employers were contacted, everything and everyone minus 3 individuals have been interviewed. Now, these are my variables, I did have several jobs and I also had several states involved in my BI. The only other factor that I was assured by the investigator wouldn't be a problem, is that I had forgotten a few odd jobs YEARS ago that lasted no more than a month or two and couldn't surface any real information on. I was told it shouldn't be a problem being that I'm coming forward with it. Plus, the investigator eventually surfaced the info and I confirmed...this was months ago???

Have I hit the "pile" for some reason? I have been reading this thread and took notice some of you have contact info on IA. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I wanted to meet and talk with you guys stationed at the Washington State/Canada borders and get some insight on the areas out there. So far I'm thinking Bellingham is the most populated city and has the most activity, is that so? I'm interested in the duty stations that will leave me close to British Columbia, as I visit a great deal. I feel very confident (being prior military) that I will be offered a position (still crossing fingers lol)

Thanks for your help guys.
                                Well, keep in mind that the BI process isn't the same for everyone. There is no guarantee those 3 people will ever be interviewed, due to time constraints and the unability to schedule those people for interviews in the alloted amount of time. Also, some jobs just need to be verified. I had a job back in late '00 and couldnt remember the address and didnt have my ex-supervisor's number. I imagine they just looked at my old tax info to verify that i did indeed work there. Some people say their BI interviewed all these people from the neighborhood, whereas mine just went next door to the neighbor that happened to be home at the time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6329 users online. 233 members and 6096 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X