300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Actually, I believe the mandatory retirement age requirement kicked in for those hired after 12/07, or whenever the law was actually sign by G.W.
    They were still hiring people over 36 until July. There was one guy there in the spring of 2008 who had to be in his 60's.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Medical cleared today on CASS. Now I have to wait for the BI to contact me. I am assuming that the BI will contact me before he starts contacting my references correct? I just don't want to tell my current employer until I have to. Would this be a correct assumption?
      Test Date: 12/8/08
      NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
      TO: 1/30/09-Received
      Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
      VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
      Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
      Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
      Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
      Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
      BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Yes that goes for everyone. The amount of time varies. I wish i could get only 2 weeks. You start getting into 3-4 weeks, that sucks.
        do you have to pay for hotel etc or does CBP pay for it while ur on OJT?
        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
          do you have to pay for hotel etc or does CBP pay for it while ur on OJT?
          No CBP only pays for the to and from FLETC. You are responsible for any room and board needed for pre-academy and after the FLETC.

Comment

• i don't believe you are correct, as I HEARD.. from my friend who is a CBP. They talk to your reference first before talk to you... so.... that's what i heard.. may be i am wrong.

Comment

• Pay Grades and Scales

So I was wondering how the pay scales work. I will be coming in as a GS-5. I assume you start at step 1? How long does it take to move up in steps/grades?

Comment

• Physical

Does anyone know if there is an annual physical once you are hired by CBP or is the entrance medical exam the only time you are evaluated?

Just curious if something can "come up" from another required physical once you are hired on, that makes you suddenly ineligible.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYBob View Post
                  So I was wondering how the pay scales work. I will be coming in as a GS-5. I assume you start at step 1? How long does it take to move up in steps/grades?
                  You start at step 1, in a year you'd be a GS-7, another year a GS-9, another year a GS-11. Then you get into steps.

Comment

• Originally posted by judoka77 View Post
                    Does anyone know if there is an annual physical once you are hired by CBP or is the entrance medical exam the only time you are evaluated?

Just curious if something can "come up" from another required physical once you are hired on, that makes you suddenly ineligible.

Thanks for any help.
                    No annual physicals. You could be randomly drug tested however.

Comment

• Originally posted by judoka77 View Post

Thanks for any help.
                      Yes. If you dont gain at least 30 lbs. in your first 3 yrs., you're fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                        one of the guys i worked with had to do 2 weeks OJT at a port here at maimi, do they that with everybody??
                        only 2 weeks of pre-academy? i've got like 5.. ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          Yes. If you dont gain at least 30 lbs. in your first 3 yrs., you're fired.
                          No, thats only for management.... All kidding aside, you are subject to random pee test. I've been randomed twice already. I wonder if they are implying something.
                          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                            No, thats only for management.... All kidding aside, you are subject to random pee test. I've been randomed twice already. I wonder if they are implying something.
                            No, I assure you I am not implying anything. Thanks for the help though.

I just finished with my background investigator today. He kept telling me I was applying for the border patrol. Once he realized that it was for CBP he kept apologizing.

For anyone out there about to meet with your investigator, just be yourself and try to assist in any way possible without being "over helpful." My investigator told me from the beginning that he was here to help me get the job, not to keep me from it.

Thanks for all the info from everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
                              i don't believe you are correct, as I HEARD.. from my friend who is a CBP. They talk to your reference first before talk to you... so.... that's what i heard.. may be i am wrong.
                              My hubby is at FLETC and his BI contacted some of his references before they contacted him

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                                They were still hiring people over 36 until July. There was one guy there in the spring of 2008 who had to be in his 60's.
                                Absolutely.

I think we each may be partially correct. The under-37 gang hired after 12/07 is subject to mandatory retirement at 57. That was listed in the retirement FAQ's last year.

The over-36 crowd...I'm not so sure.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9163 users online. 313 members and 8850 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X