Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
    It seems you have to be logged into CASS to view the FAQs, and the Hiring Center can see how many times you view the FAQs.
    Why would they care?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
      you would be around 60 when you retire then...
      Hell, that aint nothing. I had a guy in my first FLETC class that was 55. That would make him about 57 now, with 2 years on the job.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Why would they care?
        I'm not too sure. I just happened to notice yesterday the links on the CASS website for the FAQs and monthly news contain the applicant ID.
        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
          I'm not too sure. I just happened to notice yesterday the links on the CASS website for the FAQs and monthly news contain the applicant ID.
          I think the FAQ's are under CASS because if you havent gotten a tentative job offer, then you really don't need to worry about FAQ's.

          Comment


          • Finally, referred to TSU on 3/13/09! Now I just have to wait for the call.
            CBPO- Hawaii
            Written: 07/31/08
            TO: 09/23/08
            Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
            Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
            Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
            Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
            VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
            BI: Completed (2/19/09)
            Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
            Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

            IEA
            TO: 11/4/08

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DaBonk112 View Post
              Finally, referred to TSU on 3/13/09! Now I just have to wait for the call.
              Alright, thats good to hear! Hawaii huh? Nice digs.

              Comment


              • Thanks, barnaj! I don't know how many vacancies will open up in Hawaii, but hopefully I won't have to wait more than 3 months.
                CBPO- Hawaii
                Written: 07/31/08
                TO: 09/23/08
                Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
                Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
                Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
                Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
                VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
                BI: Completed (2/19/09)
                Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
                Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

                IEA
                TO: 11/4/08

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DaBonk112 View Post
                  Thanks, barnaj! I don't know how many vacancies will open up in Hawaii, but hopefully I won't have to wait more than 3 months.
                  You might be able to ask the people at scheduling how long of a wait you're looking at. All they can say is "we have no idea", but you might get lucky.

                  Comment


                  • Background Investigation

                    Just met with my Background Investigator. Something interesting he said is that him and one other guy complete my background together and they have a timeline of two weeks to get it done according to the CBP. I don't know how that works for those applicants that are obviously taking longer than 2 weeks, but at least it is good to know they are required to hustle in the initial phase of the process. That also means if you are waiting for an investigator to contact you most likely an investigator hasn't been assigned to you yet so don't be upset at the guy when he knocks on the door and you've been waiting 2 months. Not sure if this is helpful to anyone, but that is my only reason for posting this.
                    Written: 12/9
                    NOR: 12/12 (94)
                    TO: 1/29
                    VBT: 2/26 completed
                    Medical: 4/27 completed
                    Fitness: 3/2 completed
                    Drug: 3/12 completed
                    BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
                    Quals: completed on 3/19
                    The Call: 4/27
                    EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
                    FLETC: 7/1

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 5hole View Post
                      Just met with my Background Investigator. Something interesting he said is that him and one other guy complete my background together and they have a timeline of two weeks to get it done according to the CBP. I don't know how that works for those applicants that are obviously taking longer than 2 weeks, but at least it is good to know they are required to hustle in the initial phase of the process. That also means if you are waiting for an investigator to contact you most likely an investigator hasn't been assigned to you yet so don't be upset at the guy when he knocks on the door and you've been waiting 2 months. Not sure if this is helpful to anyone, but that is my only reason for posting this.
                      Well the fact of the matter is the BI's have 2 weeks or whatever to complete their interviews and all that. It's the adjudication process that takes months.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                        Well the fact of the matter is the BI's have 2 weeks or whatever to complete their interviews and all that. It's the adjudication process that takes months.
                        And that is someone completely different? So that is the guy that nobody likes?
                        Written: 12/9
                        NOR: 12/12 (94)
                        TO: 1/29
                        VBT: 2/26 completed
                        Medical: 4/27 completed
                        Fitness: 3/2 completed
                        Drug: 3/12 completed
                        BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
                        Quals: completed on 3/19
                        The Call: 4/27
                        EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
                        FLETC: 7/1

                        Comment


                        • Hi! My name is STW1226, and I am a CASSholic.

                          Medicial test PASS!!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by 5hole View Post
                            And that is someone completely different? So that is the guy that nobody likes?
                            In so many words. The BI's simply collect facts about you without passion or prejudice. The adjudicator is the person who decides if the facts of your life warrant suitability for that job. Being that it is March, think of the NCAA basketball tournament. The adjudicators are like the commitee that looks at all your wins and losses and the circumstances surrounding them and decide if you get into the big dance or not!

                            Comment


                            • one of the guys i worked with had to do 2 weeks OJT at a port here at maimi, do they that with everybody??
                              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                                one of the guys i worked with had to do 2 weeks OJT at a port here at maimi, do they that with everybody??
                                Yes that goes for everyone. The amount of time varies. I wish i could get only 2 weeks. You start getting into 3-4 weeks, that sucks.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6578 users online. 382 members and 6196 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X