Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, This is a very informative sight for apps. Does anyone have any idea on med requirements (specificly knees) . I Have had 2 knee surgerys but I can run 1.5 in 12 min and am doing just fine. Any info appreciated.

applied for exam: Aug.21st 2007
    Nor: Sept 20: Scored 86:
    Selected: Nov 21
    package due: Dec 6th received
    medical: Dec 13 pending
    PFT: Dec 13 completed
    Structured Interview: Dec 20 pending
    Drug test: Completed Dec 20
    BI interview: Completed Jan 7th...on OPMs Security office Desk
    Last edited by bwolney; 01-16-2008, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• During your physical test, you will be required to do "steps". As long as you can pass that physical you'll be ok. The package they sent you has a CD that shows you what will be expected during the PT portion. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Thanks for the response, prior Navy Le and now retired , I Really want this
        2nd career path. I guess when you want to serve your country again, "they just can't go quick enough". Besides that, I had no problem with PFT. I could've went for 10 to 15 more minutes stepping, but the music or ticking needed to change. could you exp[lain PFT within the FLETC...I know I have to run 1.5 in 15 what about any other specifics? I.E. Pushups,situps,curls....etc.. Appreciate response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by bwolney View Post
          Thanks for the response, prior Navy Le and now retired , I Really want this
          2nd career path. I guess when you want to serve your country again, "they just can't go quick enough". Besides that, I had no problem with PFT. I could've went for 10 to 15 more minutes stepping, but the music or ticking needed to change. could you exp[lain PFT within the FLETC...I know I have to run 1.5 in 15 what about any other specifics? I.E. Pushups,situps,curls....etc.. Appreciate response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Hey man, the PT is in 2 hr. sessions. warms ups, run the track or around the base, sometimes hit the weight room, alot of pushups, abs, that kinda stuff in the mat rooms. Nothing you shouldnt be able to handle.
          Good Luck

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdogoreo View Post
            Anyone take the test in Nov. 2007 for Chicago? Just wondering if Chicago is in the mix for any 2008 hiring projections. Took the test on November 17, 2007 and rec'd an 89, no preference points.
            Hey Big,

I got my selection packet for the Chicago Area in August. My BI still in the security office.. not sure how long from here, but if I get a job i'll post here to let you know. Scored a 94 on the test, no prefs.
            Geo: Illinois
            Test Score: 94
            Quals: GS-7
            T.O.: 8/7/2007
            Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Any August 29, 2007 testers ?

Pre-Employment Forms completed Sep.28/07

Qualifications pending

Medical Exam completed Nov.10/07

Structured Interview completed Nov.26/07

Drug Screening completed Nov.26/07

Background Investigation pending

Fitness completed Oct. 25/07

Comment

• Anybody know if/when they are going to open the testing period back up for the job? The new 6C retirement has got me interested.

Comment

• Capone

I tested in August in Ohio my Cass is almost the same as yours except for the Drug Screening, My case has been in the security office for about 5 months now

Comment

• JCincy

i did the structured interview and drug screening the same day.

Comment

• CAPONE
                      Have you met with your Background Investigator yet? Im not sure why I haven't had the drug screening yet I guess it is schedueled differently for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by CAPONE__AZ85 View Post
                        Any August 29, 2007 testers ?

Pre-Employment Forms completed Sep.28/07

Qualifications pending

Medical Exam completed Nov.10/07

Structured Interview completed Nov.26/07

Drug Screening completed Nov.26/07

Background Investigation pending

Fitness completed Oct. 25/07

Capone, I am assuming you tested August 29th In Long Beach right??? Well so did I and guess what my Quals and BI are also still pending. I have the same exact status as you do.

How did your BI go? Is there any possible dirt on you? Or someone who would bad mouth you? I keep second guessing myself thinking that someone said some untruthful stuff about me and that is why it is taking so long. Maybe it is just the fed gov that is taking long and has nothing to do with us.

Hang in there and update me with any status changes and I will do the same for you.

Comment

• JCincy

I met with the background investigator AKA Mr. Sneaky on the 22th of November. The BI had gone around wanting to speak to everyone I knew for 2 weeks. After going nowhere he decided to meet me. The BI interviews the person first and then goes around looking for dirt hence reason for the nickname (Mr. Sneaky)

He sent all the paperwork by the 26th of November.

Dante

Comment

• Deyosurf16

Your assumption is correct I did test at Long Beach. It’s nice to meet you, hope to work with you soon.
                            I also have a friend that’s in the same boat. I met him while I was there. I also know two other people that tested with us but have already started training at Long Beach/LAX and will start academy soon. One had an interim clearance and the other met with the BI a month before we did.

For your questions
                            My BI went very well.
                            Yes I have some dirt, and I have been totally honest about it.
                            Everyone has dirt, I think it’s the quantity that matters. I wouldn’t think someone would bad mouth you unless he’s your enemy but even then like I said quantity matters. If 4 out of 5 people said you’re an @ss then you have a problem but if one said something stupid you should not worry. Usually people say good stuff about you when questioned by an official.

Yet it’s the Feds like you said taking their sweet time not knowing how much this job really means to some of us.

I am trying my best to hang in there and will update you on any changes. I would send you my Cell # but we help others like us when we use the forum.

Godspeed

Comment

• Any extended BI's clear lately?....taking a poll....(nobody's done it lately, figured I'd ask)

Comment

• Still waiting, but at least I found out why. They found a criminal act from 1990, committed by my father, who just happens to have the same first, last and middle initial, so they blamed me. Now I get to fight with them over the shoddy work of their reviewer.
                                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8654 users online. 393 members and 8261 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X