Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
    hey nordy
    yes.. it is true that time is changing. my fd already told me.. may be that's they they are hiring more people... yes.. GS 5 going to be sux. but hang in there.. at least you have staple job and good benefit. and also; by the time you finish tranning, is already half year into GS5.

on the board in the training area we have 130 new officers, plus we just had 2 weeks of VBT.. hopefuly you can make it in before the port closes the door for a little bit.. your right about the timing of training and fletc, i will only be about 4 months away from the next step up in pay .. keep me posted on when you finally get "the call"..

Comment

• Originally posted by DuckNextTime View Post
      Just got an e-mail from TSU regarding the LA/Long Beach area. Says there are currently no vacancies. Any word on upcoming hirings in these areas?

Referred to EDO: 2-12-09
      Do you mean EOD. What is EDO?
      CBPO
      Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
      TO:--------------- 1/29/09
      Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
      Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
      VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
      Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
      BI:---------------- Pending....
      Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
        Do you mean EOD. What is EDO?
        He meant "EOD".

Comment

• EDO Dram = extended data out dynamic random access memory

Comment

• If you get the call and happen to not answer do they leave a message for you to call back or do they just call back (hopefully)?

Comment

• Congrats

Originally posted by DLA View Post
              well, seems this friday the 13th was a good one for me today. i got "the call" and accepted san ysidro. i EOD on march 30th and FLETC is may 6th to august 19th. i predicted i would get the call today ever since i went into TSU last week. very good start to my weekend. to everyone else in the process, good luck and be patient. it will come.
              Hey DLA,

Congrats on you offer...From what I hear the SYS POE has a lot of overtime to offer. There is a lot of need for the Southwest Borders.
              CBPO-Southwest Border, CA
              Test date 12/07
              EOD: 3/2/09
              FLETC 4/7/09 Class 940

Comment

• Originally posted by blessed View Post
                If you get the call and happen to not answer do they leave a message for you to call back or do they just call back (hopefully)?
                They will leave a message for you to call them back. Not a call you want to miss, but don't wait too long to call back. They next person they call while waiting to hear from you may select the last spot at a POE you wanted.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DuckNextTime
                  Just got an e-mail from TSU regarding the LA/Long Beach area. Says there are currently no vacancies. Any word on upcoming hirings in these areas?

Referred to EDO: 2-12-09

What does this mean for those waiting for LA/Longbeach? We'll be pending until another spot opens in L.A. or will they offer you another port? I originally applied for the San Diego Sector but got a T.O. for L.A./Long Beach. Might they offer San Diego?

Comment

• Likely it means no more than on that particular day, at that particular hour, TSU hadn't a vacancy from LA/LB to offer anyone.

In a big port like LA/LB that probably changes daily, maybe even hourly.

In a practical sense for a new hire, it probably doesn't mean much.

Comment

• 1 more week of pre-academy and I'm off to FLETC...I cannot wait. Although shadowing and going to the range is fun (especially while getting paid as a G-07), I'm ready to feel that Georgia heat. All of you still waiting, hang in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
                        1 more week of pre-academy and I'm off to FLETC...I cannot wait. Although shadowing and going to the range is fun (especially while getting paid as a G-07), I'm ready to feel that Georgia heat. All of you still waiting, hang in there.
                        Yeah enjoy it! What POE did you get again?

Comment

• Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
                          1 more week of pre-academy and I'm off to FLETC...I cannot wait. Although shadowing and going to the range is fun (especially while getting paid as a G-07), I'm ready to feel that Georgia heat. All of you still waiting, hang in there.
                          2 weeks for me, I'll see you there.

Comment

• do you need to bring anything to the interview/VBT? besides govt. id

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                              do you need to bring anything to the interview/VBT? besides govt. id
                              Nope, all you will need is a government issued photo ID.
                              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Can applicants for NYC/JFK let me know how their process is goin for the CBPO?

Thank you!
                                CBPO
                                Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                                TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                                Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                                Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                                VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                                Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                                BI:---------------- Pending....
                                Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7924 users online. 425 members and 7499 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X