Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Friday.... and I don't see any "I got the call" posts. What is the staff at TSU taking a long weekend?
    CBPO
    Tested - 8/21/08
    TO - 9/23/08
    TSU - 12/23/08
    Geo Pref - Eastern TX

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bulldog777 View Post
      Friday.... and I don't see any "I got the call" posts. What is the staff at TSU taking a long weekend?
      That’s what I was thinking. Maybe they are having a unpublished federal holiday. The last post I found saying they got "the call" was Pawn922's for Detroit on 3/6/09. Maybe Monday will be the day.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

      Comment


      • finish my "p in cup" game today... probably ans next week (even thought i know the result already) that's one less thing to worry. I have my physical test complete.. so 1 less worry. Next week result... VBT and Drug!!! (hopefully)..
        my file still at security office... darn!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
          nordy.. how's life? ready to go?

          how many CPB officer this time? 25? i was taking the VBT test @ el sergundo.. and the officer said there were 25 newbie.. this time... are you one of them?

          Yoda!! how's life?
          i'm doing OK.. i'm hearing that some units are heading to 4 10 hour days and that OT is going to drop a lot.. it's going to be nice having 3 days off, but less OT at a GS5 is going to suck.. can't wait to get out of the office and down to FLETC.. it should be fun

          Comment


          • well, seems this friday the 13th was a good one for me today. i got "the call" and accepted san ysidro. i EOD on march 30th and FLETC is may 6th to august 19th. i predicted i would get the call today ever since i went into TSU last week. very good start to my weekend. to everyone else in the process, good luck and be patient. it will come.

            Comment


            • Is Customs actively hiring? I don't see any information on USAJOBs but a few CBP Agents I ran into at work today mentioned that they are hiring like crazy.
              BPA - Pending BI
              Two local depts. - Pending BI

              Comment


              • Originally posted by low_clazz View Post
                Is Customs actively hiring? I don't see any information on USAJOBs but a few CBP Agents I ran into at work today mentioned that they are hiring like crazy.
                What's a CBP Agent?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                  TSU is the last phase of the hurryup-and-wait game. Once you are in the TSU line, you are just waiting in line for a position in your selected location to open.
                  Thank you!
                  CBPO
                  Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                  Location:---------- NYC/JFK
                  TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                  Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                  Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                  VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                  Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                  BI:---------------- Pending....
                  Quals:------------- Pending....

                  Comment


                  • Hey Yoda

                    Come on man, I wanted to see a posting that you finally got cleared. I can't believe that I have been overseas for work for the past two weeks, have not been able to get on to the forum and had to read 15 pages with no good news from you. AAAUUGGGHH

                    JD had a good point in his post: persistence.

                    Once again, they lost my paperwork. A word of advice to everyone -- be persistent. I have been in the process for a LONG time, a few years. Yoda knows. They have lost my docs 3 different times. Met with the BI in Oct. had to be done by Nov 3rd. Passed in Oct. 20th. Called my adjudicator 3 weeks ago and found out that the guy who got my package from my BI misplaced it. Now that I lit a fire under her, it is supposed to be "in the process" so I guess I will have to do the meds and those lovely stairs again because mine expire next month.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                      What's a CBP Agent?
                      LOL, my bad, I meant to say Officer.
                      BPA - Pending BI
                      Two local depts. - Pending BI

                      Comment


                      • I took the VBT this morning in El Paso, wasn't as bad as I thought. I feel I did pretty well on it and going in with that customer service mentality really helped. I truly believe reading some of the posts on here helped me out - So I'm sending out a big "thanks!"

                        Comment


                        • mine is monday =)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by fedcopboston View Post
                            Come on man, I wanted to see a posting that you finally got cleared. I can't believe that I have been overseas for work for the past two weeks, have not been able to get on to the forum and had to read 15 pages with no good news from you. AAAUUGGGHH

                            JD had a good point in his post: persistence.

                            Once again, they lost my paperwork. A word of advice to everyone -- be persistent. I have been in the process for a LONG time, a few years. Yoda knows. They have lost my docs 3 different times. Met with the BI in Oct. had to be done by Nov 3rd. Passed in Oct. 20th. Called my adjudicator 3 weeks ago and found out that the guy who got my package from my BI misplaced it. Now that I lit a fire under her, it is supposed to be "in the process" so I guess I will have to do the meds and those lovely stairs again because mine expire next month.
                            Well....
                            After reading a few posts from members stating that they were cleared a week after speaking to their adjudicators, made me begin calling again...
                            I finally got through to the Sup. Adj. today to find out that... after we spoke a month ago and he told me he had my file in his hands... he found something on it and sent it back to the adjudicator to correct!... he tells me to call him next week so that he can tell me specifically what it was, cause he can't remember, and a month has past and the adjudicator hasn't given him the corrected file!... SERIOUSLY!...WHAT IS GOING ON? Did I get stuck with the two most inept people from IA working on my case?
                            A month ago when I last spoke to him, and he told me he had it in his hands and it would be off and up the chain in a couple of days, I simply said...I won't call again not to be a pest... I was beginning to wonder how it was possible that I still had not heard anything when supposedly after the report is written it takes days to a week to show up... There was my answer, he sent it back for a "correction" and there it lies waiting for it to be "corrected" by the adjudicator with no follow up from the Supervisor. It is sad to see that I have to call them up again and again to find out how inept they have been in adjudicating my case... My faith in the system right now is to the brink of non-existent, it is inexcusable for them to be bouncing my file around and leaving it lie there with no regard as to what it represents...
                            JUST IN CASE.... They've had my file since January of 2008 in their hands!...
                            Last edited by yoda; 03-14-2009, 01:04 AM.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              Well....
                              After reading a few posts from members stating that they were cleared a week after speaking to their adjudicators, made me begin calling again...
                              I finally got through to the Sup. Adj. today to find out that... after we spoke a month ago and he told me he had my file in his hands... he found something on it and sent it back to the adjudicator to correct!... he tells me to call him next week so that he can tell me specifically what it was, cause he can't remember, and a month has past and the adjudicator hasn't given him the corrected file!... SERIOUSLY!...WHAT IS GOING ON? Did I get stuck with the two most inept people from IA working on my case?
                              A month ago when I last spoke to him, and he told me he had it in his hands and it would be off and up the chain in a couple of days, I simply said...I won't call again not to be a pest... I was beginning to wonder how it was possible that I still had not heard anything when supposedly after the report is written it takes days to a week to show up... There was my answer, he sent it back for a "correction" and there it lies waiting for it to be "corrected" by the adjudicator with no follow up from the Supervisor. It is sad to see that I have to call them up again and again to find out how inept they have been in adjudicating my case... My faith in the system right now is to the brink of non-existent, it is inexcusable for them to be bouncing my file around and leaving it lie there with no regard as to what it represents...
                              JUST IN CASE.... They've had my file since January of 2008 in their hands!...
                              WHats the number to call?? just for future reference.
                              Last edited by nycmike87; 03-14-2009, 01:27 AM. Reason: typo

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                                WHats the number to call?? just for future reference.
                                You are very very far from needing it my friend!... ask for it when 6 months have passed from your meeting with you Investigator, and I'll gladly lend you a hand. My case has fallen to one of the few statistics of them fowling up on, seriously I can only say that I can count people on this forum with one hand and still have fingers left, that have fallen into the depths of being tossed aside for future review... most everyone else here has gone through relatively quick through the process, and there is no reason for anyone to contact IA unless you have not heard anything 6 months after your meeting... or if they contact you for any information.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7692 users online. 167 members and 7525 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X