X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• credit maybe?

Originally posted by Rakim4680 View Post
    Hello all,
    I 've been going through the hiring process since Jan. '07 and have completed everything but the BI. I have also been reading this forum the whole time, but haven't needed to post anything until now. Here's my deal: I got the letter back from Washington saying that I have been found unsuitable from the preliminary investigation. I am going to appeal this, but I just want to know if anyone has gone through this or know someone who has. I was found unsuitable from "illegal drug use and financial issues". I admitted that I smoked weed a few times after I got out of the Marine Corps, but I didn't think it would be a problem since I did it so few times and I felt good that I was being honest. God knows how many people applied to this job that didn't admit that they were potheads back in high school. Financial issues: I don't really know what they were referring to on this one cause they didn't say. Anyway, if you have any advice on my appeal please reply back. I don't need people who don't know what they're talking about trying to give advice here. I fully believe that I have good character and if I can get a background investigator to interview me they will believe the same. I want this job and I know I'll be damn good at it if I can get there......please help
    How is your credit report? I know that I had 2 issues on it that I had to get resolved and send a letter to Washington once done.

Comment

• Can you tell me if you stay at your first port for 2yrs or is it 3yrs? Might consider buying a house in the area if its 3 but probably not 2. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rakim4680 View Post
        Hello all,
        I 've been going through the hiring process since Jan. '07 and have completed everything but the BI. I have also been reading this forum the whole time, but haven't needed to post anything until now. Here's my deal: I got the letter back from Washington saying that I have been found unsuitable from the preliminary investigation. I am going to appeal this, but I just want to know if anyone has gone through this or know someone who has. I was found unsuitable from "illegal drug use and financial issues". I admitted that I smoked weed a few times after I got out of the Marine Corps, but I didn't think it would be a problem since I did it so few times and I felt good that I was being honest. God knows how many people applied to this job that didn't admit that they were potheads back in high school. Financial issues: I don't really know what they were referring to on this one cause they didn't say. Anyway, if you have any advice on my appeal please reply back. I don't need people who don't know what they're talking about trying to give advice here. I fully believe that I have good character and if I can get a background investigator to interview me they will believe the same. I want this job and I know I'll be damn good at it if I can get there......please help
        Ok, lets see.

Are you currently 90 days or more past due on any bills, accounts?

Have you ever been over 180 days late?

Items in collection?

How long ago were you happily token on funny grass?

I could see them overlooking a high school indiscretion, but after leaving the Marine Corps, where you should have learned that there are consequences to your actions is another thing.

Do you see what I am saying?

Good luck.

Comment

• Chicago anyone

Anyone take the test in Nov. 2007 for Chicago? Just wondering if Chicago is in the mix for any 2008 hiring projections. Took the test on November 17, 2007 and rec'd an 89, no preference points.
          Written:11/07---89--GS-7
          Extended Written: 07/08
          T.O.: 04/09--Hoping for Chicago
          Paperwork: Sent back 08/09
          Med:waiting
          VBT:waiting
          BI:waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by zeit_geist View Post
            Can you tell me if you stay at your first port for 2yrs or is it 3yrs? Might consider buying a house in the area if its 3 but probably not 2. Thanks!
            Zeit: Some officers stay at thier first port for the lenght of their career. Not sure what you mean about 2 or 3 years. Usually the port holds people for the first 3 years but that is not ingraved in stone nor is it a law. Many people transfer based on hardships in their first year. And don't be so sure that an other port will want you after 3 years eather... unless you find a swap or your qualifications meet the port's requirements. All I can suggest is to apply to a port that you desire for the long run. My .2 cents...
            Last edited by matyoka; 01-14-2008, 11:40 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Anyone know if there is a specified amount of time for waiting for approval that you would eventually have to retake any or all tests to be considered again? Its been right at a year since the initial test and about 3 months waiting for BI to be approved. Btw is it common to take up to 6 months for a BI and still be approved?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdogoreo View Post
                Anyone take the test in Nov. 2007 for Chicago? Just wondering if Chicago is in the mix for any 2008 hiring projections. Took the test on November 17, 2007 and rec'd an 89, no preference points.
                I didn't take the test in Chicago, but drove to St. Paul, MN to take it back in Sept and I still haven't heard anything back, beyond my results. A few guys I work with took the test last feb and said it took several months before they got their packets. These guys are now completely done with CASS and are now only waiting for a phone call to tell them their official start dates.
                Last edited by lone_wolf025; 01-14-2008, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdogoreo View Post
                  One sure fire way to find out if you have a packet on the way is that you will populate in the CASS system. If I'm wrong someone correct me but from what I was told it's pretty solid info. One thing though...they are uncanny with their timing...you could pop up in the CASS and then the next day you could get your packet, so don't think because your not in there immediately that your packet isn't in the process of being shipped. Hope it helps...

Comment

• I've signed into CASS so many times in the past 6 months, I think I'm starting to do it subconsciously! LOL

Comment

• I just found this forum and It is a relief to know that some people are in the same boat as me. I have passed everything and have had the background invesigator at my house and this was 5 months ago, hopefully soon!

Good Luck!

Comment

• I just found this forum and It is a relief to know that some people are in the same boat as I am. I have passed everything and have had the background Invesigator at my house and this was 5 months ago, hopefully soon!

Good Luck!

Comment

• Bi

Originally posted by JCincy View Post
                          I just found this forum and It is a relief to know that some people are in the same boat as I am. I have passed everything and have had the background Invesigator at my house and this was 5 months ago, hopefully soon!

Good Luck!
                          J,
                          Right now your BI already did his work and found all the good or all the dirt with you. He already wrote his report with your findings and your BI should be sitting on OPM's desk!

Comment

• I just hope something happens soon. I feel like I have been waiting forever.

Comment

• does anyone out there know for sure CBP's hiring policy for past drug use: How long ago and how many times (marijuana). Also, do they count from hire date or from date you sent in application. Any help would be appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by Rakim4680 View Post
                                does anyone out there know for sure CBP's hiring policy for past drug use: How long ago and how many times (marijuana). Also, do they count from hire date or from date you sent in application. Any help would be appreciated
                                Not sure if this helps, but I did put down that I did it once, about 3 years ago. Got in just fine. Good luck with your hiring.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5976 users online. 178 members and 5798 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X