300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usms

Check out this thread and the hiring process going on, it could be worse.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...74#post1705874
    Last edited by wmcgalrd; 03-12-2009, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• thank you for that reality check. I've been needing one and that looks like an absolute nightmare.

Comment

• UPDATE: Its going on 6 months since I met with my BI back in September 2008. I called IA in an attempt to get an update on my background investigation status. I was unable to get a live person on the phone, but I sent a brief email to IA expressing my desire for an update. I received a reply minutes later and my request was forwarded to the person handling my case. At this point I had her name and email, but wanted to wait until she contacted me. A week had passed and I hadn't been contacted by her, so I emailed IA again. A few hours later my adjudicator called me with an update.

She said that would be starting the write up on my case either today or tomorrow. She stated that there are a few issues with my case, but she wont know if it will require a NOPA until the write up is completed. She said that she will give me a courtesy call when it is completed probably one day next week to let me know of the result. I was sure to ask for her personal extension and she also let me know the hours that she is in the office. I thanked her and felt extremely glad I made the effort to find out what was going on.

Persistence has been talked about on this board recently. You are you're own best friend in this process. When the situation calls for it, you can only help yourself by inquiring about your status with follow up calls, emails, etc. If I hadn't, I'm certain my case would still be among the many piled up on my adjudicator's desk. Its not a coincidence that as soon as I called that she was just starting to work on my case.

Overall, this is a huge step for me to just know what the hell is going on with my case. Now I wait for her call to know if I'm getting a NOPA or not. I probably am, but I don't think there aren't any issues that I can't overcome.
        ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
        Written: 5/15/08
        NOR: 5/20/08
        TO: 10/28/08
        Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
        Fitness: 2/02/09
        BI: 3/15/09
        OB: 4/24
        EOD: 7/27
        FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
        Written: 3/15/08
        NOR: 4/2/08
        TO: 5/22/08
        Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
        Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
        VBT: 6/30/08
        Drug Test: 7/10/08
        Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
        Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
        BI submitted: 10/10/08
        TSU: 4/2/09
        Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
        EOD:

Comment

• Question for all you CBP Guru's

I noticed there is a Sector Enforcement position and Border Patrol position on USAjobs. The Border Patrol positions list it as a FCIP type position, or internship/probationary type position. But that particular position has promotional potential up to a GL-11 where as the the Sector Enforcement position has promotional potential up to a GS-9.

Anyone out there know much about the difference in these two positions? One seems like it would pay a lot more then the other being that its an 11 rather then a 9.

Comment

• The SES position is essentially a dispatcher job within CBP. No gun, no LEO status, non-uniform. They run communications, do computer queries, run the front desk, that sort of stuff.

PA's are the guys who run through the desert chasing illegals.(or sit in a sky-box or on an "X" somewhere...take your pick) LEO, uniform, gun, the whole enchilada.

There's a huge difference between the two...not just the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
              Hey all!

Tomorrow is “pee-in-the-cup” day for me (drug test).

Hopefully I won’t get “stage fright”
              I am on almost the exact same schedule as you and I also picked DC. The only difference is I had to push my fitness back a few weeks because I have been very very sick.

Comment

• just got my date to retake expired fitness exam, whoopie, (note the sarcasm).

is Jersey still here.................waiting?

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
                  As I type on my iPhone, I have 2 bars of C-4 explosives strapped to my legs at the airport blending in the crowd. Relax! LOL, I'm here helping with the training of K9 CBP's. GOD, my pre academy is AWESOME!
                  What is "wiz quiz"? Am I missing a step in the process?

Comment

• Hey JDNoble, are you my mailman from Philly? Mt. Airy area?

Comment

• Originally posted by krull View Post
                      Thanks, but unfortunately the hiring is really slow here for NYC/JFK . I will be hitting my 37th Bday in July so I am not too hopeful but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
                      If you really want to get in try BPA, I'd say you have a better chance
                      of getting in with them... or try calling MHC and let them know that your 37th is on the horizon and that might speed up the process for you...
                      The thing is that your score for NYC will most likely not get picked up, unlike other applicants going for the SW border...
                      I'd say call MHC to let them know about you age situation and ask them if it will help if you changed your GEO pref...

Wish you the best of luck bud!...
                      Last edited by yoda; 03-12-2009, 03:28 PM.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• whiz quiz = drug screen

Comment

• First time poster.....just a quick shout out and thank you to leadslinger11b who started the thread and all the other pioneers and contributors of this thread. Your info has made the process a lot more bearable for those of us who are in it now. I appreciate ya'll!!!

Comment

• whiz quiz is the drug test

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
                              Hey JDNoble, are you my mailman from Philly? Mt. Airy area?
                              I work in West Philly, but not as a mailman. I'm out in Chester County.

Are you in the process for PHL?
                              ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                              Written: 5/15/08
                              NOR: 5/20/08
                              TO: 10/28/08
                              Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                              Fitness: 2/02/09
                              BI: 3/15/09
                              OB: 4/24
                              EOD: 7/27
                              FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                              Written: 3/15/08
                              NOR: 4/2/08
                              TO: 5/22/08
                              Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                              Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                              VBT: 6/30/08
                              Drug Test: 7/10/08
                              Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                              Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                              BI submitted: 10/10/08
                              TSU: 4/2/09
                              Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                              EOD:

Comment

• After faxing document requested I'm all good. Security Cleared. That was a pretty quick turn around on my response to the letter they sent. Now just waiting......for the "Call". I want the tunnel if it's still available. Anybody from Michigan get the call lately?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7775 users online. 332 members and 7443 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X