Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by girly View Post
    I heard that if you fail any part of FLECT that they send you back to home port and you start over from the begining, is that true? I am determined that, no matter how much my a** gets kicked to make it through on the first run, but I though you were only recycled if you got hurt. just asking out of curiousity. Oh and I am up to 5 MENS pushups without difficulty, and for good measure I have been doing the girl pushups to build up my arms, I can do reps of about 25 of those. I am taking it one day at a time my biggest fear is I will get hurt before I get the CALL.
    I have two friends at FLETC. One is almost done, the other has only been there two weeks. They both say the exercise program is a joke. The one who is almost done says they run one half mile a week. If you can pass the run, you will be fine. Pushups?? they have never mentioned pushups. I have also heard it depends on your instructor, so maybe someone else can tell you some horror stories, but so far, I heard it's a joke.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
      I have two friends at FLETC. One is almost done, the other has only been there two weeks. They both say the exercise program is a joke. The one who is almost done says they run one half mile a week. If you can pass the run, you will be fine. Pushups?? they have never mentioned pushups. I have also heard it depends on your instructor, so maybe someone else can tell you some horror stories, but so far, I heard it's a joke.
      It does depend on your intructor, and keep in mind your PT Instructors arent always CBPO's. Everytime we had an instructor from a different LE Agency we were smoked! We'd run a mile or two miles out get to a nice sandy spot and do burpees, push ups sit ups, planks, then run back towards the PT building. Mind you the sand is fille with bloodsucking insects and it was freakin hot!
      What if quotas did exist?!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
        It does depend on your intructor, and keep in mind your PT Instructors arent always CBPO's. Everytime we had an instructor from a different LE Agency we were smoked! We'd run a mile or two miles out get to a nice sandy spot and do burpees, push ups sit ups, planks, then run back towards the PT building. Mind you the sand is fille with bloodsucking insects and it was freakin hot!
        Ahhhhh, memories...

        Comment


        • anyone in the duty location of NY? specifically JFK? Im waiting for my BI and qualifications

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
            I have two friends at FLETC. One is almost done, the other has only been there two weeks. They both say the exercise program is a joke. The one who is almost done says they run one half mile a week. If you can pass the run, you will be fine. Pushups?? they have never mentioned pushups. I have also heard it depends on your instructor, so maybe someone else can tell you some horror stories, but so far, I heard it's a joke.
            Well...what's a 'joke' to me might not be a 'joke' to you. What you find incredibly easy...I might struggle with. Different people will react to/view different things differently.

            If you ask me...I'd say go to FLETC in as physically fit conditionally as you can prepare yourself. If it turns out to a piece of cake for you...you skate through the program without a problem. If you do find it challenging, you're already in decent shape so you've hopefully got the necessary fitness background in to compensate and overcome whatever the challenge is.

            I've heard of and seen people get to FLETC in such poor fitness that they were not able to complete the program. I cannot recall anyone coming aboard in such good shape that they were too fit to finish the academy.

            Just some food for thought...

            Comment


            • Just some info for anyone who has to retake the fitness test. It is only EKG and fit test. The PPD/TB test is not required on the retake. So no waiting 2 days to get the little bump on your arm checked. When you are trying to get back in the pipeline(getting close to my TSU date 8-8-08) every day counts.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                anyone in the duty location of NY? specifically JFK? Im waiting for my BI and qualifications
                Me! I have my VBT tomorrow and I had my fitness/medical on the 2nd of March.
                CBPO
                Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                Location:---------- NYC/JFK
                TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                BI:---------------- Pending....
                Quals:------------- Pending....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by co94 View Post
                  Just some info for anyone who has to retake the fitness test. It is only EKG and fit test. The PPD/TB test is not required on the retake. So no waiting 2 days to get the little bump on your arm checked. When you are trying to get back in the pipeline(getting close to my TSU date 8-8-08) every day counts.
                  If you are unfortunate enough to have your med expire, like i did, thats when you have another t.b. test. Officially it's only good for a year (thats what the nurse told me), but they just schedule it as part of the medical exam.

                  Comment


                  • Barnaj

                    Any good news if your file is done yet? It seems to be taking a while. I hope you weren't lost in a stack of papers.
                    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
                      Me! I have my VBT tomorrow and I had my fitness/medical on the 2nd of March.
                      Hmm i wonder if you were one of the people sitting in the waiting room that day. which medical center did you go too?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                        Barnaj

                        Any good news if your file is done yet? It seems to be taking a while. I hope you weren't lost in a stack of papers.
                        Had my t.b. results read friday and they said they were gonna send it fedex the same day. Should be there today at least and just has to get cleared. I was in tsu for about a few days then went back to the checklist based on my med going back to pending. Hopefully be back in tommorrow. If they had scheduled it with the fitness that i took last month, considering they were expired on the same day, id already be medically cleared. Oh well what can ya do? Next i bet my drug test will expire... Knock on wood!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                          Hmm i wonder if you were one of the people sitting in the waiting room that day. which medical center did you go too?
                          Springfield Medical Center.
                          CBPO
                          Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                          Location:---------- NYC/JFK
                          TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                          Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                          Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                          VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                          Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                          BI:---------------- Pending....
                          Quals:------------- Pending....

                          Comment


                          • yea same here, when did you take your written? mine was back in oct 08

                            Comment


                            • To anyone who thinks you needn't stay fit on the job, this guy and his friends just might be coming through your port while you're on a midnight shift with one other officer.



                              Think it can't happen...this guy came through a port in Maine a few years back...carrying a bloody chainsaw and various other weapons.



                              A short time later it was found out that he had just killed two people in New Brunswick, Canada, decapitate one and tossed his head under the kitchen table.

                              Crap happens. Sometimes even to CBPO's.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                To anyone who thinks you needn't stay fit on the job, this guy and his friends just might be coming through your port while you're on a midnight shift with one other officer.



                                Think it can't happen...this guy came through a port in Maine a few years back...carrying a bloody chainsaw and various other weapons.



                                A short time later it was found out that he had just killed two people in New Brunswick, Canada, decapitate one and tossed his head under the kitchen table.
                                Crap happens. Sometimes even to CBPO's.
                                Just keep that trigger finger pumped up. Its amazing how the craziest mothers are always the goofiest looking. Thats how profiling was invented. I saw the retard on top on the show "Lockup" on MSNBC.
                                Last edited by barnaj; 03-09-2009, 03:20 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7861 users online. 415 members and 7446 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X