300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
    Well in my case the NOPA was the last thing to do. I called IA and talked to the guy who sent it, He said once they recieved the signed reciept statement I m good to go . So yes my BI is done and now I gotta wait to be put in TSU which shouldn't be long and then my brother is going to tell his boss when I'm in TSU so I can go to Fletc quicker
    What, do you have a brother at the MHC or something?

Comment

• I just received a T.O. for Tennessee. I tested back on Aug 08.
      That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

• Originally posted by AvalancheZ71 View Post
        I just received a T.O. for Tennessee. I tested back on Aug 08.
        Thats good. So whats your story? You have alot of posts for someone who just got a t.o.

Comment

• Ok its been 6 weeks since I had my VBT and no results yet. Should I call someone and make sure they didn't lose my video or something? Has anyone else waited this long for results?

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
            Ok its been 6 weeks since I had my VBT and no results yet. Should I call someone and make sure they didn't lose my video or something? Has anyone else waited this long for results?
            Just drop MHC an email and ask if they have on record if you passed or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              Thats good. So whats your story? You have alot of posts for someone who just got a t.o.
              Not much of a story really. I saw the announcement, thought it would be something that suits me, so I applied. I had to fly to Miami to take the test. They did not have a test around here. That was OK, I am from that area anyway, so I had a chance to visit with some family. I had a TO with the Indiana State Police, but I could not jump high enough, so that job was out just when I thought I had made it. I went through all the preliminary steps and was to take a PAT, pysch, medical test and uniform fitting all in one day.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                It'd be pretty sad after all that training and running for months if you couldn't pass the final PEB.
                If we're just talking about the final run, people get hurt during training...torque a knee...twist an ankle and then have problems on the final.
                One guy in my class went from a sub-11 minute 1.5 run in the beginning PEB to a 17+ minute run at the end because he goofed up his hip a day or so earlier.

Stuff happens.

Comment

• I heard that if you fail any part of FLECT that they send you back to home port and you start over from the begining, is that true? I am determined that, no matter how much my a** gets kicked to make it through on the first run, but I though you were only recycled if you got hurt. just asking out of curiousity. Oh and I am up to 5 MENS pushups without difficulty, and for good measure I have been doing the girl pushups to build up my arms, I can do reps of about 25 of those. I am taking it one day at a time my biggest fear is I will get hurt before I get the CALL.
                  Tested March 08
                  TO June 08
                  Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                  VBT complete 08 passed
                  Qualification GS-5 September 08
                  BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                  NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

Do that your first week at FLETC and you'll be done worrying about it for the rest of your career!

Maybe.

The problem with that line of thinking is that no one knows where CBP will be say, three years down the road.

Three years ago, I'll bet almost all CBPO's would have said that in 2009 we wouldn't be 12D/6C covered, we'd have no OFO vehicle pursuit policy, and we'd never, ever see TASER's come into play in OFO. Today, all three are here.

Heck, 9 years back we were DOJ/Treasury/INS/USCS/whatever and DHS/CBP weren't even thought of at that point.

A career is a long time. It's probably even possible for CBP to institute a 13 minute 1.5 mile on current CBPO's. Likely, hell no...but possible, if they really wanted to invest and battle for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
                      I heard that if you fail any part of FLECT that they send you back to home port and you start over from the begining, is that true? I am determined that, no matter how much my a** gets kicked to make it through on the first run, but I though you were only recycled if you got hurt. just asking out of curiousity. Oh and I am up to 5 MENS pushups without difficulty, and for good measure I have been doing the girl pushups to build up my arms, I can do reps of about 25 of those. I am taking it one day at a time my biggest fear is I will get hurt before I get the CALL.
                      If you FAIL a portion (academic tests, firearms, etc.) you're out. If you get hurt they'll send you back to your POE and you'll do admin work til you are able to go back to FLETC and then you'll start all over. I had a guy in my class who got sick and was sent home and 6 months later he was in my class.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        Maybe.

The problem with that line of thinking is that no one knows where CBP will be say, three years down the road.

Three years ago, I'll bet almost all CBPO's would have said that in 2009 we wouldn't be 12D/6C covered, we'd have no OFO vehicle pursuit policy, and we'd never, ever see TASER's come into play in OFO. Today, all three are here.

Heck, 9 years back we were DOJ/Treasury/INS/USCS/whatever and DHS/CBP weren't even thought of at that point.

A career is a long time. It's probably even possible for CBP to institute a 13 minute 1.5 mile on current CBPO's. Likely, hell no...but possible, if they really wanted to invest and battle for it.
                        I agree with staying fit. But do you actually think they are gonna drop all these overweight sups and APD's like you see on the t.v. show, by implementing a run? It'll be a union nightmare.

Comment

• I tested for the IEA position in April 2008. Received a TO for the New Orleans FO. I just received an email about Jena, LA, Little Rock, AR & Jackson, MS. I am waiting on further information that was to be sent to me. Still waiting. That is my story.

Comment

• Originally posted by AvalancheZ71 View Post
                            I tested for the IEA position in April 2008. Received a TO for the New Orleans FO. I just received an email about Jena, LA, Little Rock, AR & Jackson, MS. I am waiting on further information that was to be sent to me. Still waiting. That is my story.
                            Ohhh, your posts must be on the other topics on this website. I thought you had like 700 posts for CBP before having a t.o.!

Comment

I agree with staying fit. But do you actually think they are gonna drop all these overweight sups and APD's like you see on the t.v. show, by implementing a run? It'll be a union nightmare.
                              Actually, sups and upper managers aren't in the union. It would be easiest to implement on them.

Realistically, it's not going to happen. But if they really wanted it to, and they were willing to throw enough cash at it...I could see it pulled off.

Tomorrow CBP announces that starting in January of 2013 we all are subject to a run requirement. CBP rolls in with either port training equipment, or pays for gym memberships for CBPO's. CBP authorizes 3 hours of OT per week during which people are expected to train. CBP makes available personal trainers and exercise aids...etc., etc, etc. Ultimately, after an union battle, and maybe 5-6 years down the road instead of 4, CBP would likely pull it off, IMO.

Like I said, it's not going to happen...but it could. Realistically, they could pretty much do the same thing by simply making it a requirement of new hires.
                              10 years down the road, most of our overweight people will be retired or gone elsewhere. If they just focused on the new hires, they'd radically change this agency in 10 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                Actually, sups and upper managers aren't in the union. It would be easiest to implement on them.

Realistically, it's not going to happen. But if they really wanted it to, and they were willing to throw enough cash at it...I could see it pulled off.

Tomorrow CBP announces that starting in January of 2013 we all are subject to a run requirement. CBP rolls in with either port training equipment, or pays for gym memberships for CBPO's. CBP authorizes 3 hours of OT per week during which people are expected to train. CBP makes available personal trainers and exercise aids...etc., etc, etc. Ultimately, after an union battle, and maybe 5-6 years down the road instead of 4, CBP would likely pull it off, IMO.

Like I said, it's not going to happen...but it could. Realistically, they could pretty much do the same thing by simply making it a requirement of new hires.
                                10 years down the road, most of our overweight people will be retired or gone elsewhere. If they just focused on the new hires, they'd radically change this agency in 10 years.

True that, you know what im saying though. It'll take implementing something now, and hiring based on that to make it happen. And like you said, in 10 years there wouldnt be so many tubs putting on the uniform.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8368 users online. 226 members and 8142 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X