Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, for the advice BArnaj. I rather give them more info before my file gets put in pending hell for months. I've read through this thread and its seems once you recieve a NOPA your file goes into pending for 6months to a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      Yeah but it does happen. How embarassing to have to go home and say you washed out because you couldnt meet the run time.
      I know it does. It will only get worse when they lower the time too.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
        Is weight training mandatory? I know you can go to the gym on your own, but does the class go to the gym and do weights together?
        My instructor liked us to do upper body work, so for like the last hour of our p.t., sometimes he'd put us in the weight room.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
          I know it does. It will only get worse when they lower the time too.
          Thats a fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
            Thanks, for the advice BArnaj. I rather give them more info before my file gets put in pending hell for months. I've read through this thread and its seems once you recieve a NOPA your file goes into pending for 6months to a year.
            You really cant after you submit your forms and have an interview.

Comment

How long should you wait after you send in your nopa to try and call someone to get some status?
              I couldnt tell you. Send Yoda a PM, he'll probably know.

Comment

You must be speaking of the BPA applicants, for CBP you only have to pass one of the two PEB's.
                I should have specified, you are correct. My mistake. I just know a bunch of people who passed their PT midterm, and then a week or two later get injured and have to leave because there is no way they could complete any portion of the PT final. Such is the way.

It'd be pretty sad after all that training and running for months if you couldn't pass the final PEB.
                I can't speak for the CBPO PEB, but here in ART you'd be surprised. Still have a few people in my class not able to pass the run.
                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                  I should have specified, you are correct. My mistake. I just know a bunch of people who passed their PT midterm, and then a week or two later get injured and have to leave because there is no way they could complete any portion of the PT final. Such is the way.

I can't speak for the CBPO PEB, but here in ART you'd be surprised. Still have a few people in my class not able to pass the run.
                  Yeah its like 13 minutes there, right? Thats a BIG difference in run time. So if you get called for CBP are you gonna resign the BPA academy and make the transition?

Comment

Yeah its like 13 minutes there, right? Thats a BIG difference in run time. So if you get called for CBP are you gonna resign the BPA academy and make the transition?
                    Correct, it's 13 minutes flat.

CBP told me that they wouldn't call me while I'm here. They said I would most likely get a phonecall when I leave to go to my duty station. Simply put, they would have to offer me exactly where I want to go for OFO, and even then, I'd think long and hard about it. To make the switch after getting out of here would basically more or less mean that I'd spend somewhere around an entire year of my life with FLETC.
                    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• I got a NOPA end of Nov. They had to recieve by Dec. 12th and I just got my response/appeal March 3rd.

Comment

• peb

So looking at the physical efficiency battery test (PEB) scores I got pretty scared. http://www.fletc.gov/training/progra...-old-male.html

I can run the 1.5 miles in 12 minutes so that's no prob. My worry is that I'm all arms and no chest. I can bench a max of 160 but at the same time I use 50ies in each arm to do bicep curls. Looking at the % of body weight pushed, I think I'm sol. I'm 30, 6'6" 230lbs and can push 160 max on the bar. That basically puts me at the bottom of the scores list, I think. Is this correct or am I missing something? Does that mean that I would get a score of 5 on the bench press? If so, holy #$T%# $$%$# %# $%#[email protected]#$ that sucks....

p.s. I'm new to TSU and am trying extra hard to get ready for FLETC whenever I get the call for WA-All others.

Can someone with experience clarify the PEB please?

Comment

How many people are running the 1.5 at a time? Are others just watching and waiting for their turn or what?
                          I had miniscal tear surgery on my knee last year and use to do a 10:54 1.5 mile and needless to say, I can't sprint like a Thundercat anymore. Just tested myself today here in Ft. Lauderdale(84 degrees today) and did it in 12:21. Trust me 15:00 even for a person who never really exercised before and just started getting into it, should not be difficult. Just start working out. I start Pre-Academy in 6 hours, I cant sleep because im excited. Well I plan on going to the gym after Im done for the day so for all you guys on Pre-Academy, continue to work out. See you guys in FLETC!!
                          N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
                          Passed:Medical (1/2009)
                          Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
                          Passed(2:50):JST
                          Passed:Mini-Medical
                          January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
                          Medical: Passed
                          PT Test: Passed
                          Qualifications GS7: Done
                          VBT: Passed
                          Backround: Done
                          Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
                          Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
                          Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
                          CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

• anyone hear any news for Massachusetts/Boston?

Comment

• Originally posted by alutins View Post
                              So looking at the physical efficiency battery test (PEB) scores I got pretty scared. http://www.fletc.gov/training/progra...-old-male.html

I can run the 1.5 miles in 12 minutes so that's no prob. My worry is that I'm all arms and no chest. I can bench a max of 160 but at the same time I use 50ies in each arm to do bicep curls. Looking at the % of body weight pushed, I think I'm sol. I'm 30, 6'6" 230lbs and can push 160 max on the bar. That basically puts me at the bottom of the scores list, I think. Is this correct or am I missing something? Does that mean that I would get a score of 5 on the bench press? If so, holy #$T%# $$%$# %# $%#[email protected]#$ that sucks....

p.s. I'm new to TSU and am trying extra hard to get ready for FLETC whenever I get the call for WA-All others.

Can someone with experience clarify the PEB please?
                              There is rumor that the PEB will change in the future. There was even a request sent out for people to assist in developing the new course. As of right now all you need to worry about is the 1.5 mile run nothing else is counted. With that said, if you are as weak as you say in your chest, I would definitely work on getting your push-up count as high as possible. It seemed to be a favorite punishment or the other side of my class. Their PT was much easier, but they did hundreds, if not thousands, more push-up than our side ever thought about.
                              Last edited by kc12; 03-09-2009, 08:12 AM.
                              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Well in my case the NOPA was the last thing to do. I called IA and talked to the guy who sent it, He said once they recieved the signed reciept statement I m good to go . So yes my BI is done and now I gotta wait to be put in TSU which shouldn't be long and then my brother is going to tell his boss when I'm in TSU so I can go to Fletc quicker

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13259 users online. 514 members and 12745 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X