300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JaredB11381 View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response..... I'm in the process of joining the National Guard as well, so I wanted to know if after completing BCT (since that will likely be done before getting the job) would I be able to add vets pref to my test results. Wasn't saying taking the ASVAB would improve my chances of getting the job.
    Nope. Vet preference will only apply to you if you get deployed and serve more than 180 consecutive days while mobilized. BCT and AIT doesn't qualify.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaredB11381 View Post
      Sorry for the delayed response..... I'm in the process of joining the National Guard as well, so I wanted to know if after completing BCT (since that will likely be done before getting the job) would I be able to add vets pref to my test results. Wasn't saying taking the ASVAB would improve my chances of getting the job.
      Are your prior service? If not you wont as yet have anything to base veterans preference off of.

Comment

• Credit

Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Guy/Gals,
        Just my take on BI worries. There are certain guidelines for favorably adjudicated BI's but they are not all created equal. I've been through BI's for the military and for CBPO, so when i speak about them, its from my own and people i know and their experiences. Some people go on and on about how strict they are and others say that that not everything brings certain doom. All these opinions are based on personal experiences. If you have credit problems for example, a guy who got NOPA'd for that will be the grim reaper while someone who breezed right through will say "its not a big deal". Just be honest with the facts and hope for the best because much of this depends on how your report was written up and who's looking at it. It is a whole picture of your life and although you may be fixated on one incident, most things can be explained and overcome. Some things just take forever (see Yoda's posts, for example). Just have all your stuff together in case you are asked for more info, just dont give up! This is my two cents and the last im gonna talk about BI's for the sake not wanting to argue and not to jinx myself!
        Good luck to all in the process and those awaiting the infamous and elusive CALL!
        Thank you for your rep[ly,
        Im concerned because I may need to cancel my vacation so that I can pay as much of my debt as possible. So if they pull my credit again DHS and IA can see my progress. Because if I take my trip I will delay some of my payments

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPKDP View Post
          I'm new here and I had the same problem. I am unemployed and fell behind on my car loan. It wasn't repo'd and I made payment arrangements. I had to give them the documents showing that I am making the payments. I also had 2 other items on my credit report and had to dispute them and show proof that I had no knowledge of them. This was a NOPA from IA. Who knows what is gonna happen when it gets to the adjudicator. Waiting since 11/08 to hear something.
          Is there a fax num you can share with us to submit my documents

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post

Thank you for your rep[ly,
            Im concerned because I may need to cancel my vacation so that I can pay as much of my debt as possible. So if they pull my credit again DHS and IA can see my progress. Because if I take my trip I will delay some of my payments
            Honestly i know it sucks, but i would use that money to pay down some debts. You dont want them thinking well he's swamped with bills and he's blowing his cashola on vacations. If you're serious about the job and it's important to you, thats what i'd suggest. But then again, i dont know your situation and dont like to give financial advice!

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
              Is there a fax num you can share with us to submit my documents
              Piece of advice, dont offer up any info unless they come asking for it first. In other words, if you dont catch a NOPA, dont go and start sending them stuff.

Comment

• Just ran my first timed 1.5 miles. Ran a 13:30. Not bad since I really havent been running. I did just drop 30 though. I am sure that helps. Time to kick the cardio into high gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                  Just ran my first timed 1.5 miles. Ran a 13:30. Not bad since I really havent been running. I did just drop 30 though. I am sure that helps. Time to kick the cardio into high gear.
                  Do that your first week at FLETC and you'll be done worrying about it for the rest of your career!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                    Do that your first week at FLETC and you'll be done worrying about it for the rest of your career!
                    How does that work?... If you do it right away you dont have to test again?...

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                      How does that work?... If you do it right away you dont have to test again?...
                      Yeah you have 2 shots to pass it. First week or like week 13. If you pass the first time, you still have to participate in the final PEB but you can run it in 25 minutes and although they wont be happy, they cant wash you out for failing.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                        Yeah you have 2 shots to pass it. First week or like week 13. If you pass the first time, you still have to participate in the final PEB but you can run it in 25 minutes and although they wont be happy, they cant wash you out for failing.
                        This is the way it used to be done in Artesia, but now you have to pass the PT final regardless if you passed the requirements on the midterm. Lucky ducks!
                        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                          This is the way it used to be done in Artesia, but now you have to pass the PT final regardless if you passed the requirements on the midterm. Lucky ducks!
                          You must be speaking of the BPA applicants, for CBP you only have to pass one of the two PEB's.

Comment

• It'd be pretty sad after all that training and running for months if you couldn't pass the final PEB.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                              How many people are running the 1.5 at a time? Are others just watching and waiting for their turn or what?
                              At least 24 and sometimes more than 1 class. It can be a real traffic jam.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                                It'd be pretty sad after all that training and running for months if you couldn't pass the final PEB.
                                Yeah but it does happen. How embarassing to have to go home and say you washed out because you couldnt meet the run time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12101 users online. 422 members and 11679 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X