Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post

"Yeah, dui's aren't a huge deal as long as they arent recent"

Actually DUI's are a VERY BIG DEAL no matter how recent. Esp if you were an adult at the time of the incident. CBP is very laxed in the hiring process in my opinion. There is no pysch eval, computer voice stress analyzer, or poly. I dont know why there isnt any yet given the amount of responsibility each officer is given, imagine if there was such test.

An example of A DUI affecting your job once sworn in....You are assigned as a pursuit driver or transport driver and you get into a collision where there is property damage or someone is hurt dont think for one minute that your ENTIRE driving history will come into play after the fact.\

"The difference with MJ is that it is an illegal drug that is smuggled across to sell to our children."

DUI= DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE. Alcohol or Marijuana both impair judgment and response time.
    Just going on what i know to be the facts. Im not understating the consequences of a DUI after being sworn in as an officer, im talking in your past. There arent too many candidates who havent done something stupid before. I think its those who think they are "perfect" that think its a big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaredB11381 View Post
      It's been a long wait, but I finally got my Tentative Selection letter today. Tested in July 08.
      Anyone else have trouble with e-QIP?
      Enable TLS 1.0 under advanced internet options and make sure to answer "unknown" to the golden question "what city were you born in?".
      Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Just going on what i know to be the facts. Im not understating the consequences of a DUI after being sworn in as an officer, im talking in your past. There arent too many candidates who havent done something stupid before. I think its those who think they are "perfect" that think its a big deal.
        That's what Im talking about!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
          Yeah, I really believe these cartels along the border are really gona cause some serious issues to are country, like the cartels did in the 80's in Miami. I would say growing up down there in those times were pretty ugly if you ask me!! I read the mexican army put about 7,000 soilders along the border today in juarez...
          Yes, Mexico did ship their troops to Juarez...but don't worry they are not there to invade the U.S. They are there in the efforts to combat the Cartel in that region. We should commend the Mexican government for finally "steping up to the plate" in their battle against narcotics.

For those who think that the Mexican Cartels are the only ones who smuggle drugs into the U.S....Really? Think outside the box for a minute...do some research (and Fox News should not be your source for world news).Yes, the U.S does share a border with Mexico...but what about those giganctic bodies of water..hmm...? Does Pacific, Atlantic, and Gulf of Mexico ring a bell?
          Not to mention that 90% of the world's Cocaine is produced in COLOMBIA! And earlier this year the Mexican Navy intercepted a submarine loaded with cocaine coming from...you guessed it...Colombia..heading to our country.
          Yes, the Mexican cartels are a tremendous headache, but they are not the only ones we have to worry about.

Yoda,

I know exactly who I am. I am an American first, but I will never be ashamed of my heritage. Don't forget, the U.S is the largest melting pot in the world. I have already served my country Honorably, so don't worry about where my loyalty stands. My priority is to protect this country, I have a child and believe me, I wouldn't want him exposed to narcotics.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
            That's what Im talking about!!!
            No one is perfect. What im trying to say is if something WERE to happen at work that involved driving....your past driving history could come under investigation.
            What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by spartan300 View Post
              Yes, Mexico did ship their troops to Juarez...but don't worry they are not there to invade the U.S. They are there in the efforts to combat the Cartel in that region. We should commend the Mexican government for finally "steping up to the plate" in their battle against narcotics.

For those who think that the Mexican Cartels are the only ones who smuggle drugs into the U.S....Really? Think outside the box for a minute...do some research (and Fox News should not be your source for world news).Yes, the U.S does share a border with Mexico...but what about those giganctic bodies of water..hmm...? Does Pacific, Atlantic, and Gulf of Mexico ring a bell?
              Not to mention that 90% of the world's Cocaine is produced in COLOMBIA! And earlier this year the Mexican Navy intercepted a submarine loaded with cocaine coming from...you guessed it...Colombia..heading to our country.
              Yes, the Mexican cartels are a tremendous headache, but they are not the only ones we have to worry about.

Yoda,

I know exactly who I am. I am an American first, but I will never be ashamed of my heritage. Don't forget, the U.S is the largest melting pot in the world. I have already served my country Honorably, so don't worry about where my loyalty stands. My priority is to protect this country, I have a child and believe me, I wouldn't want him exposed to narcotics.
              No one here made it a FACT that the Mexican Cartel was the only smugglers we had to worry about, and it is common knowledge that COLOMBIA is the biggest producer and exporter of the white stuff.
              The fact that you took a statement that mentioned the Mexican Cartels, and interpreted it as to being Racist, Discriminating and Stereotypical is the point... Being proud of your heritage and having a chip on your shoulder because of it are two different things, and your reaction to Merlin's statement, points towards the latter of the two...
              Remember CBPO's handle POE (Air, Land and Sea)... Not the coast and the beaches... That's a whole different can of beans of multiple agencies working together that includes CBP (Air & Marine, Border Patrol), Coast Guard, DEA, ATF... you name it, they are part of it!...

Keep in mind that race or heritage doesn't determine who you are...

With that said... (Tranquilo muchacho... estamos aqui para prestarnos apoyo moral y espiritual, durante este largo y tedioso proceso, no para discutir uno con el otro sobre nada. Te deseo Suerte y que no tengas que esperar tanto como yo...)

Now lets drop the argument and keep the discussion
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by spartan300 View Post

Yoda,

Yeah, I would definetly be worried if Mexican Troops invaded the U.S., come on give me a break an post some dumb crap like that! I grew up in Miami, Fl thru the 80's an 90's, I think I'm pretty aware of which two countries in latin america have given the U.S. a hard time with drugs. Well here's your little research on how the whole cocaine buisness grew, you can check out a documentary called Cocaine Cowboys. Hope I was thinking outside the box!

Comment

• Quals

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  Quals are usually done after the BI.

Why?...because for most people completing the BI also answers the question of whether or not someone has the needed work experience/education to qualify. Some of the easier ones(GS-05, 10-15-20 years of work experience) might get finished earlier on in the process.

As was said, they're also done in bunches, and deepending awn the righting skillz ov the purrson philling out the kwal sheat, it mite take them awile two figur everitheng owt.
                  My quals are done qualifed for a GS-7, my background is still pending....
                  SFO/OAK geo pref.

Comment

• My background investigator called me again regarding my credit. he told me that after he turned in his report, he received and email regarding How i was planning to pay off my debt. Some issues about work/school that will be easily cleared. I worried about receiving a NOPA about my credit. Any recommendations here Fellas. I m working two jobs to pay these things. They want me to fax when I'm done paying each debt. Will this effect my EOD? Anyone have a similar experience with credit report?

Comment

• Anyone have a similar experience with credit report?
                      Last edited by friscoplayrsf; 03-08-2009, 04:49 AM. Reason: dupe

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                        [I]
                        CBP is very laxed in the hiring process in my opinion. There is no pysch eval, computer voice stress analyzer, or poly. I dont know why there isnt any yet given the amount of responsibility each officer is given, imagine if there was such test.
                        I wish there was a psych eval given before hiring. I think it would disqualify many of the applicants. I haven't read anything one way or another about the accuracy of a voice stress analyzer, so I really can't comment about it. The poly though is as flawed a process as one can imagine. I'm not going to go into details about the exact nature of the flaws, but generally speaking I've seen people out right lie on the poly and get passed. My track record with them is failed two and passed two, and my answers never changed between any of the tests. A little common sense and some research about how they work will easily reveal why the results are so inaccurate.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• BI concers\ns

Guy/Gals,
                          Just my take on BI worries. There are certain guidelines for favorably adjudicated BI's but they are not all created equal. I've been through BI's for the military and for CBPO, so when i speak about them, its from my own and people i know and their experiences. Some people go on and on about how strict they are and others say that that not everything brings certain doom. All these opinions are based on personal experiences. If you have credit problems for example, a guy who got NOPA'd for that will be the grim reaper while someone who breezed right through will say "its not a big deal". Just be honest with the facts and hope for the best because much of this depends on how your report was written up and who's looking at it. It is a whole picture of your life and although you may be fixated on one incident, most things can be explained and overcome. Some things just take forever (see Yoda's posts, for example). Just have all your stuff together in case you are asked for more info, just dont give up! This is my two cents and the last im gonna talk about BI's for the sake not wanting to argue and not to jinx myself!
                          Good luck to all in the process and those awaiting the infamous and elusive CALL!
                          Last edited by barnaj; 03-08-2009, 11:22 AM. Reason: The subject line was supposed to read "BI concerns", sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                            Enable TLS 1.0 under advanced internet options and make sure to answer "unknown" to the golden question "what city were you born in?".
                            Hope this helps.
                            No, I can access it, but when I answer the questions, it says I ned to contact sponsoring agency.
                            I know I'm getting the questions right, but it wont let me in. I'll call minneapolis tomorrow.
                            Last edited by JaredB11381; 03-08-2009, 11:37 AM.
                            Geo Pref - Boston
                            Written - 7/25/2008
                            TO - 3/6/2009
                            Pre-Employment Forms - 3/11/2009 Complete
                            Qualifications (GS05/07) - 3/11/2009 Complete GS07
                            VBT - 3/24/2009 Passed
                            Med/Phys - 3/25/2009 Passed
                            Drug Test - 4/3/2009 Passed
                            BI - 5/13/2009
                            TSU - 9/04/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by JaredB11381 View Post
                              No, I can access it, but when I answer the questions, it says I ned to contact sponsoring agency.
                              I know I'm getting the questions right, but it wont let me in. I'll call minneapolis tomorrow.
                              Yeah in your t.o. booklet there should be a helpline for e-qip problems. The may not have intitiated it on there end. Call those people before calling MHC.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                                How, exactly, would taking the ASVAB make you eligible???
                                Sorry for the delayed response..... I'm in the process of joining the National Guard as well, so I wanted to know if after completing BCT (since that will likely be done before getting the job) would I be able to add vets pref to my test results. Wasn't saying taking the ASVAB would improve my chances of getting the job.
                                Geo Pref - Boston
                                Written - 7/25/2008
                                TO - 3/6/2009
                                Pre-Employment Forms - 3/11/2009 Complete
                                Qualifications (GS05/07) - 3/11/2009 Complete GS07
                                VBT - 3/24/2009 Passed
                                Med/Phys - 3/25/2009 Passed
                                Drug Test - 4/3/2009 Passed
                                BI - 5/13/2009
                                TSU - 9/04/2009

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8957 users online. 297 members and 8660 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X