300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by supermario View Post
    Could I get educated on the CULOMBIANS? are they similar to colombians? they sound like a very dangerous cartel, and I dont think we have a whole lot of intel on them.
    You both spelled it wrong. HAHAHA LOL
    What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
      You both spelled it wrong. HAHAHA LOL
      For clarity's sake it is indeed COLOMBIAN.

Either way, dope smugglers = Give 'em the boot

Comment

• Hi All,

Had a question regarding my test score and geographical location and a background issue. Thanks for any and all responses in advance.

I just scored an 89 on the recent exam and my geographical location is San Diego (San Ysidro, Otay Mesa, etc). Any suggestions as to when I should be expecting something?

Secondly, I was disqualified from ICE back in 1/07. In some boards I read that CBPO cares what I did the past 7 years. If ICE adhered to the same standard, I can understand that. The last time I did anything stupid was 2/01. If it is in fact 7 years, then I should be ok right or since ICE dq'd me, is that the end of the line?

Comment

• Originally posted by mv1 View Post
          Hi All,

Had a question regarding my test score and geographical location and a background issue. Thanks for any and all responses in advance.

I just scored an 89 on the recent exam and my geographical location is San Diego (San Ysidro, Otay Mesa, etc). Any suggestions as to when I should be expecting something?

Secondly, I was disqualified from ICE back in 1/07. In some boards I read that CBPO cares what I did the past 7 years. If ICE adhered to the same standard, I can understand that. The last time I did anything stupid was 2/01. If it is in fact 7 years, then I should be ok right or since ICE dq'd me, is that the end of the line?
          No one can give you a definitive answer as to when you'll get a TO. With that score and location you will get one though, probably sooner rather than later.

As to the background issue it all depends on what the reason for your DQ was. Some things will haunt you for the rest of your life, some are forgivable. CBP will go over everything and make a decision on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post

As to the background issue it all depends on what the reason for your DQ was. Some things will haunt you for the rest of your life, some are forgivable. CBP will go over everything and make a decision on that.

It was for smoking pot. I put on there that I did it 3 times after high school (graduated in early 90's) with the last time in 2/01.

Comment

• Will any of my completed steps from the ICE IEA hiring process transfer over to the CBPO Tentative Offer I received today?

Comment

• Originally posted by mv1 View Post
                It was for smoking pot. I put on there that I did it 3 times after high school (graduated in early 90's) with the last time in 2/01.
                I'm just a humble CBPO and BPA applicant, but I do work for DHS and as such have passed a Government background investigation with a fairly recent DUI on my record. In my opinion you have NOTHING to worry about.
                BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

• I work in a office full of Federal agents, hardly any of them carry a back up and almost never carry off duty. I was shocked when I first learned that. Most will tell you how much a pain in the @$$ it is to carry off duty. They all said they carried for the first year or so they had their weapon, now hardly ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by gsa85 View Post
                    I'm just a humble CBPO and BPA applicant, but I do work for DHS and as such have passed a Government background investigation with a fairly recent DUI on my record. In my opinion you have NOTHING to worry about.
                    What type of role do you have at DHS? There is a higher standard for those serving as a law enforcement officer. He will definitely have to explain the usage enough to satisfy his adjudicator. I'd say you will have to answer regarding the DUI as well. Many people have problems with traffic related incidents. We are held to a higher standard than most.

Comment

• mv1--You'll have to do a lot of explaining. If I recall correctly, the SSBI goes back 7 years for drug use. You will still have to disclose the drug use though. There is a section on the questionnaire that asks about prior investigations and the results going back to forever. You will need to disclose why the investigation went the way it did. That will open another list of questions that will need to be covered.

gsa85--There is a large difference between using alcohol and receiving a DUI and using an illegal drug. As audi0xplode stated, if you are not in a LEO position then you did not go through as stringent a BI as someone in the LEO position.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• can some one PM with the answer to this question. How much do CBP officers pay into retirement? i know they pay the social security/medicare a 7.65% but what % for retirement? and how much is med insurance for a single male per month? thanks
                        Last edited by miami1987; 03-07-2009, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gsa85 View Post
                          Yeah, dui's aren't a huge deal as long as they arent recent. Lots of people drink and sometimes you have a lapse in judgement and drive. The difference with MJ is that it is an illegal drug that is smuggled across to sell to our children. Im not saying one thing is more acceptable than the other, i'm just considering the agency's viewpoint. Many things also just depend on who your BI and adjudicator are. I mean if your BI's child was killed by a drunk, you might not get a favorable report, if you get my meaning. Not saying it's fair, but not much in life is.

Comment

• Just got my test score today -87- location Washington all other, now I guess I'm in for a long wait
                            Last edited by BS_CJ; 03-07-2009, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• It's been a long wait, but I finally got my Tentative Selection letter today. Tested in July 08.
                              Anyone else have trouble with e-QIP?
                              Geo Pref - Boston
                              Written - 7/25/2008
                              TO - 3/6/2009
                              Pre-Employment Forms - 3/11/2009 Complete
                              Qualifications (GS05/07) - 3/11/2009 Complete GS07
                              VBT - 3/24/2009 Passed
                              Med/Phys - 3/25/2009 Passed
                              Drug Test - 4/3/2009 Passed
                              BI - 5/13/2009
                              TSU - 9/04/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                Yeah, dui's aren't a huge deal as long as they arent recent. Lots of people drink and sometimes you have a lapse in judgement and drive. The difference with MJ is that it is an illegal drug that is smuggled across to sell to our children. Im not saying one thing is more acceptable than the other, i'm just considering the agency's viewpoint. Many things also just depend on who your BI and adjudicator are. I mean if your BI's child was killed by a drunk, you might not get a favorable report, if you get my meaning. Not saying it's fair, but not much in life is.

"Yeah, dui's aren't a huge deal as long as they arent recent"

Actually DUI's are a VERY BIG DEAL no matter how recent. Esp if you were an adult at the time of the incident. CBP is very laxed in the hiring process in my opinion. There is no pysch eval, computer voice stress analyzer, or poly. I dont know why there isnt any yet given the amount of responsibility each officer is given, imagine if there was such test.

An example of A DUI affecting your job once sworn in....You are assigned as a pursuit driver or transport driver and you get into a collision where there is property damage or someone is hurt dont think for one minute that your ENTIRE driving history will come into play after the fact.\

"The difference with MJ is that it is an illegal drug that is smuggled across to sell to our children."

DUI= DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE. Alcohol or Marijuana both impair judgment and response time.
                                What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7658 users online. 414 members and 7244 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X