300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
    I got a call from my investigator telling me the person reviewing his report noticed I omitted two past employments several years back during school in my SF86. I went though my tax records and supplied him with the corrected infomation, dates, and contact infomation. I also offered to have another interview and bring all supporting documents.

Is this the 'kiss of death' for my BI, or a easily correctable mistake?
    Nah, as long as you show it was legit and had a honest mistake reason for omitting it, no big thang.

Comment

• The whole purpose of the new training regime is to get our bodies into the proper condition to pass the new guidelines that begin in October.

Comment

• I am worried they might show some scenario where I might need to use deadly force and I don't know what to do. Sorry, I am just anxious.
        Last edited by ImmOff; 03-06-2009, 04:44 PM. Reason: word misspelled
        CBPO
        Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
        TO:--------------- 1/29/09
        Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
        Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
        VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
        Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
        BI:---------------- Pending....
        Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          Nah, as long as you show it was legit and had a honest mistake reason for omitting it, no big thang.
          I hope so. Do you know if I will have to go though the NOPA process, of just admend the SF86? The biggest thing is I'm upset with myself for rushing though my forms out of excitement for the job.
          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
            I am worried they might show some scenario where I might need to use deadly force and I don't know what to do. Sorry, I am just anxious.
            The whole purpose is to test your judgment and maturity. Act as how you feel you should act. You will get plenty of instruction when you take the test itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
              I got my call today for the Detroit Ambassador Bridge.

EOD March 30th
              FLETC May 5th
              good for you! I know the end was getting a little tight and stressful for you, but hey you did it!
              5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• FLETC PT staff love doing crossfit training and they also love "Burpee's" Google that stuff or you tube it to get an IDEA of your upcoming PT adventures.
                What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                  I hope so. Do you know if I will have to go though the NOPA process, of just admend the SF86? The biggest thing is I'm upset with myself for rushing though my forms out of excitement for the job.
                  You'll be fine...
                  If it were a NOPA you would've gotten it in writing... you got a call asking for more information... NO WORRIES!... Give them what they asked for, let them know that you did mean to "HIDE" any information, and you're good!...

BARNAJ:
                  I KNOW!... I've been waiting for ages (it seems), and it is very frustrating to see people clearing left and right, and I'm still hanging here with no word about my case. The only air of hope I get lately is that I'm still in the system, and have not vanished yet... so hopefully some good news will come soon!!!... As long as I get that GREEN check-mark next to my BI, I don't care how long it takes to get my EOD (as long as it's not another year!)
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    You'll be fine...
                    If it were a NOPA you would've gotten it in writing... you got a call asking for more information... NO WORRIES!... Give them what they asked for, let them know that you did mean to "HIDE" any information, and you're good!...

BARNAJ:
                    I KNOW!... I've been waiting for ages (it seems), and it is very frustrating to see people clearing left and right, and I'm still hanging here with no word about my case. The only air of hope I get lately is that I'm still in the system, and have not vanished yet... so hopefully some good news will come soon!!!... As long as I get that GREEN check-mark next to my BI, I don't care how long it takes to get my EOD (as long as it's not another year!)
                    Thats the right attitude, i know it sucks the big one, but the important thing is still having the ability to log into CASS. Next week, i promise!

Comment

• Hey guys I finally got the results of my written exam and I passed with a 92. How long should I expect to wait for a tentative offer? Thanks.
                      BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

• Sounds like you would be a first round pick for just about any location. Do yourself a favor and start pulling together information you will need for all the forms. Background info, job history, contacts, family info, etc. I have dozens of family members abroad and it took forever to pool all the info I needed. My only saving grace was that I had to go through a BI when I married my wife (LEO). Consequently I had much of the info filed away. What is your GeoPref.?

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
                          Sounds like you would be a first round pick for just about any location. Do yourself a favor and start pulling together information you will need for all the forms. Background info, job history, contacts, family info, etc. I have dozens of family members abroad and it took forever to pool all the info I needed. My only saving grace was that I had to go through a BI when I married my wife (LEO). Consequently I had much of the info filed away. What is your GeoPref.?
                          That's good to hear, thank you. I already have the necessary info for the BI as I am waiting for my Border Patrol BI to clear. My geo preference is Washington - All other locations (includes Seattle). What's yours?
                          BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            Your link is off, try this one:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/custo...ges?msg=8968.1

Seriously, it appears to be a joke to me.

If CBPO's were to get GS-12's you'd hear shouting of jubilation(or howls of frustration...depending on who's yapping and what their job series was).

It ain't happening...not in July...not anytime in the foreseeable future.
                            I have not heard anything of a precise date of us getting GS-13 or GS-12 except rumors. Although here is a piece of legislature that backs the rumor.

TITLE VI--BORDER SECURITY PROVISIONS

Subtitle A--Rapid Response Measures

SEC. 645. INCREASE UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL AGENT AND INSPECTOR PAY.
                            (a) In General- Effective as of the first day of the first applicable pay period beginning on or after the date of the enactment of this Act, the rate of basic pay for all employees of the Department of Homeland Security described in subsection (b) shall be increased in accordance with subsection (c).

(b) Employees Described- This section applies to any individual who, as of the date of the enactment of this Act--

(1) is a journey level United States Border Patrol agent or immigration, customs, or agriculture inspector within the Department of Homeland Security, whose primary duties consist of enforcing the immigration, customs, or agriculture laws of the United States;

(2) has completed at least one year of service as a United States Border Patrol agent or inspector (whether as an employee of the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice, or both agencies combined); and

(3) is receiving an annual rate of basic pay for positions at GS-11 of the General Schedule under section 5332 of title 5, United States Code.

(c) Increase Described- The basic rate of pay for the employees described in this subsection shall increase from the annual rate of basic pay for positions at GS-11 of the General Schedule to the annaul rate of basic pay for positions at GS-13 of such schedule.

This is a section of the HR 264 this is the link to the full text
                            http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.264:

This is how you track it
                            http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...1:HR00264:@@@X

Comment

• Originally posted by gsa85 View Post
                              That's good to hear, thank you. I already have the necessary info for the BI as I am waiting for my Border Patrol BI to clear. My geo preference is Washington - All other locations (includes Seattle). What's yours?
                              Geo Pref WA northern border. All is good save for BI clearance and Quals. Truthfully I would rather Seatle but.........

Comment

• A few other WA seekers I see.

Just got back from the Fitness test. 20/20 vision and hearing was great (according to the examiner). Passed the step test and all. Bring on the next step! Not TOO soon tho, not lookin to go to GA in the summer, lol.
                                Test: 12/8/08
                                EOD: June 22, 2009
                                Class 960
                                FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10864 users online. 383 members and 10481 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X