Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry for my noobiness, i get your point.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      From another poster on the Delphi board...

The new PEB graduation standard, starting 01 OCT 2009:

1.5 mile run 15:00 or less

220 yard dash 45 seconds or less

24 consecutive pushups in less than 1 minute

12 inches minimum for the sit and reach

A 12 inch sit and reach is quite humorous, from looking at the PEB chart that is somewhere well under the bottom 5% of males aged 35-39.

Still...an improvement from what we have now. I'm not holding my breath until it's implemented though.

http://www.fletc.gov/training/progra...ttery-peb.html

Well thats good, if im still waiting for a call by october than that'll give me plenty of time to go from stiff-umby to Gumby! Of course if im still waiting by then, i'll assume they're NOT calling me.

Comment

• hey all,

I took the cbp officer test and I got a disappointing score of 82%. Does anyone know if they are contacting people with that score with a california preference?

Comment

• Originally posted by tony T86 View Post
          hey all,

I took the cbp officer test and I got a disappointing score of 82%. Does anyone know if they are contacting people with that score with a california preference?
          Thats not a bad score, it's when you get 79< that its hard to get a t.o. And even then its location, location, location. At least you got a score on the books before people start testing for the April vacancy.

Comment

• thanks for the reply barnaj,

Im thinking about changing my preference to Arizona. Anyone know the level of activity with respect to hiring that location is at?

Comment

From another poster on the Delphi board...

The new PEB graduation standard, starting 01 OCT 2009:

1.5 mile run 15:00 or less

220 yard dash 45 seconds or less

24 consecutive pushups in less than 1 minute

12 inches minimum for the sit and reach

A 12 inch sit and reach is quite humorous, from looking at the PEB chart that is somewhere well under the bottom 5% of males aged 35-39.

Still...an improvement from what we have now. I'm not holding my breath until it's implemented though.

http://www.fletc.gov/training/progra...ttery-peb.html
              Yep, I saw the new training regime for those beginning after April 1st as well. They have added a lot of new tests to the process.

Comment

thanks for the reply barnaj,

Im thinking about changing my preference to Arizona. Anyone know the level of activity with respect to hiring that location is at?
                Couldnt tell you. If it was BP, id say heavy hiring, but with CBP i have no idea.

Comment

hey all,

This score will most likely draw a TO from a POE in California (LA/Long Beach and SFO/ Oakland), now if you go changing to other states your score will not guarantee you getting picked up. You can re-apply and re-test, but you run the chance of getting a lower score and that lower score will overwrite the higher one!...
                  Unless you don't want california, then simply change your location, cause it'll be much more difficult to move after being picked up.
                  Good Luck Bud!...
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                    Yep, I saw the new training regime for those beginning after April 1st as well. They have added a lot of new tests to the process.
                    I dont really understand how to read that chart. What if youre really strong but slow and flexible or vice versa?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      This score will most likely draw a TO from a POE in California (LA/Long Beach and SFO/ Oakland), now if you go changing to other states your score will not guarantee you getting picked up. You can re-apply and re-test, but you run the chance of getting a lower score and that lower score will overwrite the higher one!...
                      Unless you don't want california, then simply change your location, cause it'll be much more difficult to move after being picked up.
                      Good Luck Bud!...
                      Well come on Yoda! Hearing about people getting calls and clearing NOPA's but no news from you. Other than me youve been waiting to get hired longer than anyone.

Comment

• Any hints for the VBT, I have it next week. I am worried!
                        CBPO
                        Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                        TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                        Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                        Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                        VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                        Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                        BI:---------------- Pending....
                        Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• [Post changed by poster]
                          Last edited by TPA3312; 03-12-2009, 10:28 AM.
                          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
                            Any hints for the VBT, I have it next week. I am worried!
                            Hint:

Dont worry, its weird but no big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
                              Any hints for the VBT, I have it next week. I am worried!
                              Dress nice, act professional.

Comment

Guys...this is an open board. Do you really want the Mexican drug cartels to know what or if you carry a back-up weapon?

All things firearms will be answered for you once you attend the academy.

Plus, it's all been discussed before. If you bothered to search it out, you'd find those answers.
                                Trust me the drug cartels KNOW exactly what we carry. We have spotters everyday.
                                What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9376 users online. 323 members and 9053 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X