300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mlrtme View Post
    When filling out my pre-employement paperwork, I came across the selective service question. I was never made aware I had to register for this and I'm curious how this may affect my hiring process. I never recall having my parents educate me on this, nor any friends mention such a thing. I would register now, but you can't after 25-26 I think it said. I'm 28 so I'm out of luck....anyone have any insight on this issue? Thanks!
    Go to the SS website and check. Many people registered their senior year in high school. However, if you didn't register, you are SOL for any federal law enforcement position.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
      Go to the SS website and check. Many people registered their senior year in high school. However, if you didn't register, you are SOL for any federal law enforcement position.
      Yeah, if you never registered, you are out of luck. I believe they mailed me something when I was 17 or so. But when I went to H.S. it was common knowledge, as it is the law.

Maybe, and this is a big maybe, if you enlist now and serve, that could be overlooked. I have no basis to state that on though, never heard of it. You would most likely have to serve your time, apply to CBP, get rejected, and then sue based on the fact that you fulfilled your obligation to your country. I would guess, especially if you got a a representitive or senetor involed, you would have a good case.

Of course that is extreme if you have never thought of being in the military. But all of the Agencies, wether local or federal that I have applied for, want to see your SS #.

Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by ford123 View Post
        Yeah, if you never registered, you are out of luck. I believe they mailed me something when I was 17 or so. But when I went to H.S. it was common knowledge, as it is the law.

Maybe, and this is a big maybe, if you enlist now and serve, that could be overlooked. I have no basis to state that on though, never heard of it. You would most likely have to serve your time, apply to CBP, get rejected, and then sue based on the fact that you fulfilled your obligation to your country. I would guess, especially if you got a a representitive or senetor involed, you would have a good case.

Of course that is extreme if you have never thought of being in the military. But all of the Agencies, wether local or federal that I have applied for, want to see your SS #.

Good luck.

This is not what I was hoping to hear....My paperwork on CASS says "complete" so maybe I did do this and just don't remember. I'm really worried after reading your response though. Thanks for answering my question regardless!
        Test Date: 12/8/08
        NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
        TO: 1/30/09-Received
        Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
        VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
        Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
        Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
        Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
        Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
        BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Thanks for suggesting that I check my sss status! I looked into this issue and submitted my info and realized that I had registered back in high school. I, to this very minute, don't recall ever doing that, but thank god I did! That's a relief!
          Test Date: 12/8/08
          NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
          TO: 1/30/09-Received
          Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
          VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
          Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
          Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
          Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
          Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
          BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• It is just a forum. But, I have to say, I am relieved that you did indeed sign up. It was bothering me. Best of luck to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
              BI and qualifaction...
              is Qualifaction happen after BI? since someone need to come interview first.... anybody know? Thank you
              Quals are usually done after the BI.

Why?...because for most people completing the BI also answers the question of whether or not someone has the needed work experience/education to qualify. Some of the easier ones(GS-05, 10-15-20 years of work experience) might get finished earlier on in the process.

As was said, they're also done in bunches, and deepending awn the righting skillz ov the purrson philling out the kwal sheat, it mite take them awile two figur everitheng owt.

Comment

• Merlin

U r funy on ur 2nd pragph. i tink u ned 2 go 2 ZZZ now! Is l8t at ur place. nty nty.

Comment

• duty weapon

when you train with your firearm while at fletc does the recruit keep the weapon with him while in their rooms or is it checked in and out everytime training is done? just curious

Comment

• Who else is in TSU at LAX/LB?

I'm finally in TSU. Who else is waiting for that phone call in the LA area? I'm really hoping for LAX.
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/18/08
                    NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
                    TO: 09/23/08
                    Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
                    Medical: Completed 12/08
                    Drug Test: Completed 11/08
                    Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
                    VBT: Completed 11/08
                    BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
                    Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
                    3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
                      Merlin

U r funy on ur 2nd pragph. i tink u ned 2 go 2 ZZZ now! Is l8t at ur place. nty nty.
                      At one point in the past, I held a job where one of my duties was more or less figuring out 'quals'.

The stuff I've seen...ugh.

Some people just throw together whatever, don't bother with a spell-check, no proofreading...nothing. Just toss it all together haphazardly and send it in.

Being a nice guy...I tried to make sense of what I was given. I really went into it with the idea of giving people all the breaks I could.

With some people though I could sit and stare for hours trying to figure out something useful in what they were giving me and it just wasn't there.

Comment

• Originally posted by spartan300 View Post
                        Merlin,

Just drop it already, man. The guy is just as excited as you were when you first applied. Give the guy a break.
                        Funny, as I see it, I am giving people a break. I could just answer their questions and let them run into roadblocks while at the academy or on the job, but that wouldn't be proper or professional, would it?

Those are skills they'll need on the job. If they don't have them...or need to work on them, now is the time to do it. It only gets harder on down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLA22 View Post
                          Have you spent a lot of time in Miami? The traffic is the worst during those hours. You will have to leave yourself plenty of time in order to get to the airport on time. Any accident will shut down all access to the the airport. Good Luck with that.
                          Not to mention the fact that there is not 1 curvy road in the whole state. Do your GSXR a favor and give it to me before you EOD.

Comment

• Originally posted by vqv123 View Post
                            when you train with your firearm while at fletc does the recruit keep the weapon with him while in their rooms or is it checked in and out everytime training is done? just curious
                            Your weapon is issued to you by serial number, but you dont keep it on you all the time. You sign it in and out for FAD training and carry the rubber blue gun the rest of the time. I couldnt imagine the number of accidents or worse if those pistols were kept in the dorms by the individuals!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Don't forget...it's all unisexed.

You can probably run the 1.5 mile in 15 minutes while tied at the waist to a Ford Windstar...but a lot of females struggle to get there.
                              I dont think this will be that hard and I am female, but how about strapping 10lbs to your chest then running, A) uncomfortable B) can make you loose your breath just had to point that out. But 15 does not sound bad.

My problem will be the push ups, I have always done those darn girl push ups and lets just say my husband is still Rollin on the floor while working with me on this issue, lol.
                              Tested March 08
                              TO June 08
                              Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                              VBT complete 08 passed
                              Qualification GS-5 September 08
                              BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                              NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Do we have to do push ups?
                                CBPO
                                Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                                TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                                Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                                Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                                VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                                Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                                BI:---------------- Pending....
                                Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12959 users online. 508 members and 12451 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X