300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draven27-

When did you take your VBT? I noticed that you mentioned that you passed...I think we took that around the same time.
    Test Date: 12/8/08
    NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
    TO: 1/30/09-Received
    Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
    VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
    Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
    Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
    Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
    Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
    BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
      cool 8-4pm in Miami for a month will be nice!! WISh i could bring my GSXR
      Have you spent a lot of time in Miami? The traffic is the worst during those hours. You will have to leave yourself plenty of time in order to get to the airport on time. Any accident will shut down all access to the the airport. Good Luck with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm ready View Post
        How does "the swap" work? Is it a difficult process?
        do you look online to see who wants to swap??? thanks for the info........

When doing a swap, it's between you and the other officer at the port you want to go to. You fill out an OF612, get your latest evaluation, and type a memo to the port director of the port/airport/seaport you want to swap to. They in turn do the same. It's not difficult, the hard part is waiting for one to pop up and that both port directors agree to it. The info for swaps are available on the intranet (cbp internal network only). Another way you can transfer is if there is an opening at another port but that you apply through your chain of command.
        *****CBP Officer*****
        Hot South Texas

Comment

• LOL i was talking leisure time after work plenty of time to just ride around here and there bu yea i know traffic is nuts

Comment

• how is handling the hk p2000??? and what uniform do u wear while in fletc

Comment

how is handling the hk p2000??? and what uniform do u wear while in fletc

It's not bad, long trigger pull. It's a good size weapon, not too big not too small. I prefer Glock, but this will do. At FLETC, you will get issued smufs, a cheap version of the official uniform. You get that same day (could be second day, don't remember lol). Then you get measured for your official uniform which takes bout 4-5 weeks to arrive. Once your entire class has a complete uniform you wear that till graduation. Unless your doing pt (arrest, baton, OC) your instructors will tell you what to wear. Good luck!
              *****CBP Officer*****
              Hot South Texas

Comment

• so will this be fun or overwhelming

Comment

Also for the month you report to you EOD pre academy what do you wear and hours do you work, Why i ask is my brother is a CBPO there and I going to stay with him for the month, just wondering if we can go to work togther
                  Let me know where you are at in the hiring process. I am also from up north and relocating to Miami. Maybe we will be working together one day.
                  Miami by way of Chicago
                  Test 8/4/08
                  TO 11/13/08
                  Drug Test 11/13/08
                  VBT 12/11/08
                  Physical 12/16/08
                  Qual 1/10/09
                  Met BI 1/5/09
                  BI cleared 2/19/09
                  TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• I got a NOPA appeal this tues. So my BI is completed. Should be updated by this tues following. And should be referred to TSU soon

Comment

• letter is dated 2/26

Comment

• But yea would be great to know someone . Me and my boss are hoping we go same class but prob wont happen since his EOD is Buffalo

Comment

• I was wondering if they issue you a cleaning kit also for the PK 2000 or do you just use what's supplied to you during training? I guessing they give direction on breaking it down. That would be silly if they didn't.
                          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• BI and qualifaction...
                            is Qualifaction happen after BI? since someone need to come interview first.... anybody know? Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
                              BI and qualifaction...
                              is Qualifaction happen after BI? since someone need to come interview first.... anybody know? Thank you
                              From what I have read qualifications are done in batches and it can be before or after the BI, it's just the luck of the draw. In my case my G5 qualification was completed before my inital interview. But I have seen others who's background are completed and are still waiting on their qualifications. I'm guessing it also depends on how complicated it is to verify your experience and/or education, but the second response is just an educated guess.
                              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• mlrtme,

My VBT was on the same day as yours. Have you checked CASS? It does seem to update every Tuesday and Thursday as someone mentioned awhile back.
                                Test: 12/8/08
                                EOD: June 22, 2009
                                Class 960
                                FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8758 users online. 376 members and 8382 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X