X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
    Geez merlin just help the guy out
    I was.

Hand the man a fish and he eats for a day...teach him how to fish and he feeds himself for a lifetime.

Searching is a main part of the job. We search vehicles. We search baggage. We search laptops and cell phones. We search through peoples' stories. We search through numerous databases and computer systems. We search and search and search...

If anyone isn't all that good at searching today...now's the time to learn how.

Practice today...so it's not an issue on the job tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy View Post
      Apologies for dulpicate questions but I couldn't read over 300 pages of threads:

1. What is the day-to day for a CBPO in Connecticut?
      2. Please confirm the 20 year retirement.
      3. What additional continuing training is available for CBPOs throughout their career?
      4. What is the logical progression for a CBPO after they hit their journeyman grade? What promotional opportunities exist?
      5. Is journeyman grade a GS11 or 12?
      6. If coming from another G job at say a GS 10, what would the pay be for the entry level CPBO?

Thanks
      Just cause I'm a nice guy...

1: Can't help here. I've no experience with CBP in CT.

2: Confirmed. This is one of those 'asked and answered repeatedly' questions easily found during a search.

3. There are many post-academy training programs available after a few years on the job. What's available will depend in great deal on your port.

Firearms instructors, Intermediate Force instructors, Counter-terrorism team. Contraband enforcement team...are but a few.

4: Currently...competitive promotion to GS-12 supervisor. Supposedly down the road there may be GS-12 subject matter expert positions available...who knows?

5: Another softball question. GS-11.

6: If it's a DHS agency they will PROBABLY pay match your base salary. If not, who knows. They might pay match...they might offer you a 5/10 or a 7/10...there's no real way of knowing.

Comment

• Thanks ExSDSO and Merlin

Comment

• application is in security office!!!!

Comment

• What's going on I just recieved a letter stating I have been found suitable for continued employment with CBP from appeal on a NOPA . On tues. Has n e one gone thru this and how much longer till EOD when everyhing is completed.

Comment

• I'm new here. All of my pre-employment steps just cleared on tuesday. I know I received interim clearance since my BI cleared b4 I even met my investigator. I'm wondering, how long does it usually take between everything clearing and being moved to TSU? My geo pref is FL-all other locations, so I really hope those rumors I read a few pages back about FL being full have no true backing. Im thinking there must be open slots if I'm being moved through with interim clearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy View Post
                "Why can't you read the whole thread? It really doesn't bode well for you career-wise in CBP if you need to be spoon-fed all your information."--merlin 436

merlin, I read about 60 pages randomly and from the beginning and did not see the answers to my questions. I also checked out the CBP website. Reading over 300 pages when the thread is so active seems a bit much. If they are not quick, easy answers then I understand.
                Personally I think it is OK to readdress some common questions every now and then. I would limit them to the most confusing or hard to find questions. The 20 year retirement you can figure out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                  What's going on I just recieved a letter stating I have been found suitable for continued employment with CBP from appeal on a NOPA . On tues. Has n e one gone thru this and how much longer till EOD when everyhing is completed.
                  Well, did you or did you not previously receive and respond to a NOPA?

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
                    application is in security office!!!!
                    You'll be sick of it saying that after about a week!

Comment

• No i did recieve a NOPA that said i was found unsuitable and i had a chance to appeal, So I did appeal and 3 mths later recieved a letter stating I am now suitable so my NOPA was appealed and now everything is completed. I called and spoke to the guy who sent the letter he said im good to go. Just wondered if n e one esle appealed before and how long before i get my EOD

Comment

• Looks like the new classes could start being the guinea pigs for the new fitness standards. New memo that went out had run time down to 15:00, 26 pushups in a min, the 220 yard dash, and a sit and reach. I heard they are looking at October for official implementation, but as soon as April first testing could begin.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                          Looks like the new classes could start being the guinea pigs for the new fitness standards. New memo that went out had run time down to 15:00, 26 pushups in a min, the 220 yard dash, and a sit and reach. I heard they are looking at October for official implementation, but as soon as April first testing could begin.
                          My biggest concern is the sit and reach of all things. Im about as flexible as a 2X4.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                            Looks like the new classes could start being the guinea pigs for the new fitness standards. New memo that went out had run time down to 15:00, 26 pushups in a min, the 220 yard dash, and a sit and reach. I heard they are looking at October for official implementation, but as soon as April first testing could begin.
                            That's a cake walk. If someone can't complete the run under 15, then they've got some issues!! Just my thought...

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
                              Personally I think it is OK to readdress some common questions every now and then. I would limit them to the most confusing or hard to find questions. The 20 year retirement you can figure out.
                              The biggest reason this thread is 360 pages long is because people keep asking the same questions...and we keep giving them the same answers...repeatedly.

Really, how hard is it to step forward and do a bit of research?

I find it sad that a lot of people will post a question, wait...repost...wait and repost then again looking for an answer. If somebody can wait 8-24 hours for one of us to answer his question, he sure has the time to do his own legwork and find his own answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                My biggest concern is the sit and reach of all things. Im about as flexible as a 2X4.
                                That's my biggest problem as well.

Strangely, except for a sprained ankle about 10 years back, I can't say my lack of flexibility has really mattered to me all that much.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9693 users online. 475 members and 9218 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X