300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImmOff

Since you already have some sort of clearance you will most likely fall into the group of applicants that they have to dig so much deeper into their BI's. There are quite a few Federal employees/FLEO's/LEO's that because of their jobs they have been almost stuck on the line waiting to be cleared. They have to go through the regular Investigation plus they have to check if you have ever abused or taken advantage of your position through your time working there. You will not get any advantages or priority because of your current federal employment, and the only BI that can transfer would be the one for BPA which is the same one for CBPO and handled by the same Office.

There is a lot of "Hurry Up and Wait" in this process, no "Rhyme or Reason" as to how they go about each step, all we can do is sit and wait...

Good Luck on your process!.... Welcome to Pendingville...
    Last edited by yoda; 03-05-2009, 12:24 PM.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Just to throw this out there...not that I'm suggesting that you or anyone else here is thinking of planning weekends of scandalous dissipation...

Everyone will be beholden to Uncle Sugar for room, board and per diem 24/7, each and every day while on TDY to FLETC.

The idea that the weekend is entirely yours to do with what you want is probably debatable. Not that I'm suggesting that the G is looking for an excuse to jump into your off-duty, weekend conduct...but if they're pushed, they might.

Heading to FLETC with the idea of "no holds barred" weekends is probably not all that great of an idea...just IMO.
      I would like to know while in Fletc do some people go home from the weekend or travel down to Jacksonville, or fly their wife or girlfriend in for the weekend in Jacksonville. I don't want to fill like I'm lock up for 4 months.
      Miami by way of Chicago
      Test 8/4/08
      TO 11/13/08
      Drug Test 11/13/08
      VBT 12/11/08
      Physical 12/16/08
      Qual 1/10/09
      Met BI 1/5/09
      BI cleared 2/19/09
      TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
        I would like to know while in Fletc do some people go home from the weekend or travel down to Jacksonville, or fly their wife or girlfriend in for the weekend in Jacksonville. I don't want to fill like I'm lock up for 4 months.
        All of the above. You can do whatever you want with your free time, it's just on your dime not Uncle Sams.

Comment

• Gs-12

OK, I would like to bring this up to start a discussion about CBP officers cleared to max out at GS-12 instead of GS-11 after July 2009. I read this on another Custom Officer forum. I'm not sure how true this is but I'm sure with a little research we will know the answer in a couple of days.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/customsinspect/messages
          Last edited by trappb; 03-05-2009, 12:34 PM.
          Miami by way of Chicago
          Test 8/4/08
          TO 11/13/08
          Drug Test 11/13/08
          VBT 12/11/08
          Physical 12/16/08
          Qual 1/10/09
          Met BI 1/5/09
          BI cleared 2/19/09
          TSU 2/20/09

Comment

Please let me know what are the differences between CIS and CBP. In other words why are you changing. I was also in the hiring process for ISO. I hope I made the right decision to be CBP versus "office" work with ISO. Thanks
            With CIS you do mostly paperwork interviewing applicants and petitioners. It's not a bad job at all, I am happy with it. The reason I want to move to CBP is because of the law enforcement retirement and I have always wanted to be a police officer and CBP looks like one.

With CIS you are more like an "undercover cop", with a badge, interviewing, interrogating, etc.... If CIS had the law enforcement retirement and firearm I would never make a move. I also have an application pending with ICE since 1/4/09, but I haven't heard anything.
            CBPO
            Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
            TO:--------------- 1/29/09
            Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
            Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
            VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
            Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
            BI:---------------- Pending....
            Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Originally posted by genolrd View Post
              That depends on where you are at. If you are in a desired location, you can apply for a swap (body for body). Ex. from S. Texas to Dallas. There would have to be an officer in Dallas wanting to go where you are at and vice versa. If you're in S. Texas and want to go up to Montana, and there are no officers wanting to go south, then you would have to apply for a transfer and that could be a while. It all depends, but it's usually once you're an 11.

How does "the swap" work? Is it a difficult process?
              do you look online to see who wants to swap??? thanks for the info........

Comment

• Apologies for dulpicate questions but I couldn't read over 300 pages of threads:

1. What is the day-to day for a CBPO in Connecticut?
                2. Please confirm the 20 year retirement.
                3. What additional continuing training is available for CBPOs throughout their career?
                4. What is the logical progression for a CBPO after they hit their journeyman grade? What promotional opportunities exist?
                5. Is journeyman grade a GS11 or 12?
                6. If coming from another G job at say a GS 10, what would the pay be for the entry level CPBO?

Thanks

Comment

OK, I would like to bring this up to start a discussion about CBP officers cleared to max out at GS-12 instead of GS-11 after July 2009. I read this on another Custom Officer forum. I'm not sure how true this is but I'm sure with a little research we will know the answer in a couple of days.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/customsinspect/messages

Your link is off, try this one:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/custo...ges?msg=8968.1

Seriously, it appears to be a joke to me.

If CBPO's were to get GS-12's you'd hear shouting of jubilation(or howls of frustration...depending on who's yapping and what their job series was).

It ain't happening...not in July...not anytime in the foreseeable future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy View Post
                    Apologies for dulpicate questions but I couldn't read over 300 pages of threads:

1. What is the day-to day for a CBPO in Connecticut?
                    2. Please confirm the 20 year retirement.
                    3. What additional continuing training is available for CBPOs throughout their career?
                    4. What is the logical progression for a CBPO after they hit their journeyman grade? What promotional opportunities exist?
                    5. Is journeyman grade a GS11 or 12?
                    6. If coming from another G job at say a GS 10, what would the pay be for the entry level CPBO?

Thanks
                    Why can't you read the whole thread? It really doesn't bode well for you career-wise in CBP if you need to be spoon-fed all your information.

Comment

• Anyone attending class 943?

Comment

• "Why can't you read the whole thread? It really doesn't bode well for you career-wise in CBP if you need to be spoon-fed all your information."--merlin 436

merlin, I read about 60 pages randomly and from the beginning and did not see the answers to my questions. I also checked out the CBP website. Reading over 300 pages when the thread is so active seems a bit much. If they are not quick, easy answers then I understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy View Post
                          "Why can't you read the whole thread? It really doesn't bode well for you career-wise in CBP if you need to be spoon-fed all your information."--merlin 436

merlin, I read about 60 pages randomly and from the beginning and did not see the answers to my questions. I also checked out the CBP website. Reading over 300 pages when the thread is so active seems a bit much. If they are not quick, easy answers then I understand.
                          Most, if not all of those answers are easily found on the job announcement and in this thread. You can use the search function on this web site also.

And Merlin makes a good point.

Comment

• Geez merlin just help the guy out

Hey Trappb Ill try to answer some of these ?'s for you:

1.Dont know I work the SW Border my guess would be cold at times and not much to do =P
                            2.We were granted 6c LEO status for retirement thanks to NTEU. Other than that maybe type in Google "6c LEO CBP" bound to find something lol
                            3.Well depending on the port you apply and work at theres all kinds of training. UIPL,Z-portal,Pursuit Driving,Pursuit Passenger,Fire arms, Medical First responder,confined space,zbv (ice cream truck x ray van) thats just from my port and from the top of my head
                            4. Youll start as Gs 5 for one year or a gs 7 for one year, then automatic gs 9 for one year then gs 11 the next year, then you go up in steps 11-1, 11-2, 11-3 so on and so forth.
                            5.Journeymen is GS11 ive heard talk of making 12 the same too, thats just at my port.
                            6. I think youll negotiate like maybe a gs-5 step 7 or gs-9 step 4 somehting of that nature, my buddy did the same.

Hope this helps if not sorry, I tried bud =) Take care and good luck!
                            What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• When filling out my pre-employement paperwork, I came across the selective service question. I was never made aware I had to register for this and I'm curious how this may affect my hiring process. I never recall having my parents educate me on this, nor any friends mention such a thing. I would register now, but you can't after 25-26 I think it said. I'm 28 so I'm out of luck....anyone have any insight on this issue? Thanks!
                              Test Date: 12/8/08
                              NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
                              TO: 1/30/09-Received
                              Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
                              VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
                              Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
                              Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
                              Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
                              Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
                              BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                                Geez merlin just help the guy out

Hey Trappb Ill try to answer some of these ?'s for you:

1.Dont know I work the SW Border my guess would be cold at times and not much to do =P
                                2.We were granted 6c LEO status for retirement thanks to NTEU. Other than that maybe type in Google "6c LEO CBP" bound to find something lol
                                3.Well depending on the port you apply and work at theres all kinds of training. UIPL,Z-portal,Pursuit Driving,Pursuit Passenger,Fire arms, Medical First responder,confined space,zbv (ice cream truck x ray van) thats just from my port and from the top of my head
                                4. Youll start as Gs 5 for one year or a gs 7 for one year, then automatic gs 9 for one year then gs 11 the next year, then you go up in steps 11-1, 11-2, 11-3 so on and so forth.
                                5.Journeymen is GS11 ive heard talk of making 12 the same too, thats just at my port.
                                6. I think youll negotiate like maybe a gs-5 step 7 or gs-9 step 4 somehting of that nature, my buddy did the same.

Hope this helps if not sorry, I tried bud =) Take care and good luck!
                                I think those answers were for "Geddy". I am aware of most of the information in this forum considering I read it from the beginning till now. The only questions I'm left with are port specific questions which I probably want get any answers until I'm actually working at Miami seaport or airport.
                                Miami by way of Chicago
                                Test 8/4/08
                                TO 11/13/08
                                Drug Test 11/13/08
                                VBT 12/11/08
                                Physical 12/16/08
                                Qual 1/10/09
                                Met BI 1/5/09
                                BI cleared 2/19/09
                                TSU 2/20/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4219 users online. 213 members and 4006 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X