300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
    Is it normal for this to say; Pre-Employment Forms: pending - One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required.

Background Investigation: pending - We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation.

This is from the CASS system. Does that mean that I have some forms missing? or it's normal to say that. Also for the BI it says they have not receive the necessary forms. I did sent all forms required. I did my fitness/medical on 3/2/09 and my VBT is on 3/11/09.
    I wouldnt start sweating just yet. If they scheduled your vbt and med, i assume they got your forms. Either cass is behind and/or no BI has been assigned your file and they havent gone through your packet yet. Also, double check that you sent the electronic e-qip forms in. They cant initiate a BI without those.

Comment

• Spaartan and Robeans,
      Rah! Thanks for the tips, think I am going to stay Green

Comment

• Any CBPOs here from NYC/JFK. I would like to know the hours, shifts, How the supervisors and other CBPOs are. Any input or any info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
        CBPO
        Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
        TO:--------------- 1/29/09
        Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
        Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
        VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
        Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
        BI:---------------- Pending....
        Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          I wouldnt start sweating just yet. If they scheduled your vbt and med, i assume they got your forms. Either cass is behind and/or no BI has been assigned your file and they havent gone through your packet yet. Also, double check that you sent the electronic e-qip forms in. They cant initiate a BI without those.
          Thanks for your quick response. But is that how it appears for everyone after the e-Qip is submitted? I did submit everything they sent me on the package.
          I am currently a Fed working for DHS, CIS as an ISO (what use to be called Adjudications Officer) I had my background investigation on 10/26/07 while I was in FLETC for the ISO training.

I have been working for CIS since 1998; I started with legacy INS as a clerk. Do you thing they will do another BI for CBP, I know they are two different agencies but they are under the same department (DHS)?
          CBPO

Comment

Thanks for your quick response. But is that how it appears for everyone after the e-Qip is submitted? I did submit everything they sent me on the package.
            I am currently a Fed working for DHS, CIS as an ISO (what use to be called Adjudications Officer) I had my background investigation on 10/26/07 while I was in FLETC for the ISO training.

I have been working for CIS since 1998; I started with legacy INS as a clerk. Do you thing they will do another BI for CBP, I know they are two different agencies but they are under the same department (DHS)?
            More than likely a new BI would be required, but they may just do a modified BI which would be significantly faster. And yes, thats what everyones cass states at first. One day you'll look and they will change to "pre-employment forms have been received" and "your case is in the security office".

Comment

Yeah, you should be getting a medical history update form in the mail if its been over year, and when you hit 2 years, its a total redo, i know because i did it yesterday! Just happy i got thru everything, you never know when you start getting older if your eyes and ears are gonna start going! Just gotta get my t.b. test read tommorrow and then i should be back on the good foot.
              Barnaj and Yoda,
              Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.
              Barnaj,
              are you saying the drug test is good for one year or two? I am not worried about the results. I just dont want to be pulled from the pipeline again. Everything has been completed since August '08. I have been keeping track of the dates and know they are really close to mine. I would hate to miss out.

Comment

• CASS updated today. I found out I need to see an orthopedic surgeon about a herniated disc I had taken care of in 2004. It's ok. I'm patient and I know I haven't had any problems with it since. Just wish it wouldn't have been a problem at all! Good luck to all in pendingville!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                  Barnaj and Yoda,
                  Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.
                  Barnaj,
                  are you saying the drug test is good for one year or two? I am not worried about the results. I just dont want to be pulled from the pipeline again. Everything has been completed since August '08. I have been keeping track of the dates and know they are really close to mine. I would hate to miss out.
                  I think the drug test is good for one year, for some reason it's slipping my mind though. I didnt have to do it with my medical re-examination though.

Comment

I think the drug test is good for one year, for some reason it's slipping my mind though. I didnt have to do it with my medical re-examination though.
                    Thanks again for the quick response.

Comment

• Anyone been to FLETC as a CPBO? I want to know how are the academic tests. Are they similar to the pre-employment battery test; with the logical reasoning, math and all of that?

I am asking this question because I think that the CBPO battery test was a little confusing for me although I got an 89%.

Just curious!
                      CBPO

Comment

Anyone been to FLETC as a CPBO? I want to know how are the academic tests. Are they similar to the pre-employment battery test; with the logical reasoning, math and all of that?

I am asking this question because I think that the CBPO battery test was a little confusing for me although I got an 89%.

Just curious!
                        Nope, no math or anything like that. Each test is based on the info you learned for that block of instruction. Whether it be agriculture, drugs, immigration, whatever.

Comment

Nope, no math or anything like that. Each test is based on the info you learned for that block of instruction. Whether it be agriculture, drugs, immigration, whatever.
                          Thanks for your quick response. I hope you don't get offended I believe you, but I want to know if you are or if you were a CBPO and have you been to FLETC? Because I see your signature states something about being cleared in February 2009.
                          CBPO

Comment

Thanks for your quick response. I hope you don't get offended I believe you, but I want to know if you are or if you were a CBPO and have you been to FLETC? Because I see your signature states something about being cleared in February 2009.
                            Yep went thru the CBPI training program at FLETC in the summer of '07. Had a personal issue back home so i resigned, and just got back around to reapplying in August of '08.

Comment

Please let me know what are the differences between CIS and CBP. In other words why are you changing. I was also in the hiring process for ISO. I hope I made the right decision to be CBP versus "office" work with ISO. Thanks
                              Miami by way of Chicago
                              Test 8/4/08
                              TO 11/13/08
                              Drug Test 11/13/08
                              VBT 12/11/08
                              Physical 12/16/08
                              Qual 1/10/09
                              Met BI 1/5/09
                              BI cleared 2/19/09
                              TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                                Point taken. That's why I was very surprised to hear you can drink there. Drinking would be the last thing I would want to do with PT and a 1.5 mile run the next day. The weekend is different story though.
                                Just to throw this out there...not that I'm suggesting that you or anyone else here is thinking of planning weekends of scandalous dissipation...

Everyone will be beholden to Uncle Sugar for room, board and per diem 24/7, each and every day while on TDY to FLETC.

The idea that the weekend is entirely yours to do with what you want is probably debatable. Not that I'm suggesting that the G is looking for an excuse to jump into your off-duty, weekend conduct...but if they're pushed, they might.

Heading to FLETC with the idea of "no holds barred" weekends is probably not all that great of an idea...just IMO.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11650 users online. 441 members and 11209 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X