Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
    update #2
    went to VBT test early morning. It is wierd.. and i think i did fine.

talk to the officer briefly, and he said LA port is in-need of officer. and it had been hiring.. and express the process. that's what impression that he is giving me. 25 people just got in the port today, those are probably from 1.5 years ago?! since July 08 people just got to EFLET like 2 weeks. I believe they will still express the process for may be few more terms..but after that... not sure... i believe (just me) the window is closing.. to get in FAST..so.. hurry up and pass up coming test!!!

shout out to people give me some insight on VBT test.. i want to say "thank you"!!

went to physical and medicial afternoon.
    eye, hearing.. everything is fine.. and there is no problem yes. i have a 20/20 without surgery.. jealous? lol

fitness ... also there is no problem...

Dr. Said i pass everything... so i am not too worry...

that's it from now... so... hopefully get few more update real soon!

Peace out

LA port at VBT all last week.. TONS of people walking in... i have 10 people in my group, and we are about to ship out on the 18th.. this week we just had 10 new people start and i think they ship out in 4 weeks or so.. the port is still hiring.. the Director stated he wanted to be at 700 officers, and currently they are at 600..

Comment

• Just passed my physical and medical today! Scheduled me for the VBT in El Paso on the 13th.. wish me luck

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
        LA port at VBT all last week.. TONS of people walking in... i have 10 people in my group, and we are about to ship out on the 18th.. this week we just had 10 new people start and i think they ship out in 4 weeks or so.. the port is still hiring.. the Director stated he wanted to be at 700 officers, and currently they are at 600..
        Well, that sounds like good news. Been in TSU for three weeks tomorrow. Hoping for Long Beach as I spent the last 7 years there in school and at work. Talked to someone at TSU a couple days ago and she told me they weren't currently hiring. She said that could change any day and would be surprised if I were in TSU more than a month. Hoping to join you soon!

Comment

• Eod

Originally posted by DuckNextTime View Post
          Well, that sounds like good news. Been in TSU for three weeks tomorrow. Hoping for Long Beach as I spent the last 7 years there in school and at work. Talked to someone at TSU a couple days ago and she told me they weren't currently hiring. She said that could change any day and would be surprised if I were in TSU more than a month. Hoping to join you soon!

I wish I was referred to EOD, my background is still pending. for SFO

Comment

• IT has been 7 months since my BI was completed, yet it is still in pending status. IS this normal and does anyone know the number to the security office? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
              IT has been 7 months since my BI was completed, yet it is still in pending status. IS this normal and does anyone know the number to the security office? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
              A BI is COMPLETED only when it is marked as such on CASS or HOTLINE. If you are referring to meeting with your investigator 7 months ago then send me a PM.
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I met with my BI last month, Feb 09

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
                  IT has been 7 months since my BI was completed, yet it is still in pending status. IS this normal and does anyone know the number to the security office? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
                  [Infomation removed]
                  Last edited by TPA3312; 03-05-2009, 12:10 AM.
                  Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Sorry I meant to say I met with my BI 7 months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Med is good for 2 years, i was using mine from a previous application. Fitness is good for 1 year, had to redo that as well. Not sure what you meant by your NOPA question, but i dont think you'd get more than one, if thats what your asking. I think they'd put all items in question in one letter.
                      Hey Barnaj,
                      You are certain that the med is good for 2 years. I am coming up on a year for the med, and news like that would be awesome. They already booted me back to pending for my expired fitness, which I will be setting up a date for tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                        Hey Barnaj,
                        You are certain that the med is good for 2 years. I am coming up on a year for the med, and news like that would be awesome. They already booted me back to pending for my expired fitness, which I will be setting up a date for tomorrow.
                        It's been over a year since my Medical/Fitness and the only thing I had to re-do was the Fitness... so the Medical might be good for 2 years!...
                        I also had to re-take the drug test as well...
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Just found this on CBP.gov. As a CBPO hopefull, I hope this helps.

Recruiting Events for CBP Officers and Field Support Positions

Recruiting Events for CBP Officers and Field Support Positions
                          Date Location Address Time

Mar. 3 University of Buffalo CareerFest Buffalo, NY

Mar. 4 Caldwell College Caldwell, NJ

Mar. 4 Saint Michael's College Colchester, VT

Mar. 5 Midwestern State University Wichita Falls, TX

Mar. 5 Southern AZ Fed Women's Program
                          Interagency Council (SAFWPIC Seminar) Tucson, AZ

Mar. 5 Recruit Military Dallas, TX

Mar. 5 University of Texas Downtown Houston, TX

Mar. 6 Texas Woman's University Denton, TX

Mar. 10 Hudson Valley Community College Troy, NY

Mar. 10 - 12 Learning for Life National Conference San Diego, CA

Mar. 11 Regent Broadcasting of Buffalo
                          (Western NY Diversity Job Fair) Buffalo, NY

Mar. 11 Gallaudet University Washington, DC

Mar. 11 ECPI College of Technology Richmond, VA

Mar. 11 Early College for ME Presque Isle, ME

Mar. 11 Odessa College Odessa, TX

Mar. 14 University of South Florida
                          (Department of Veterans Affairs Job Fair) Tampa, FL

Mar. 14 Marine Corps Community Service
                          (MCCS) Yuma, AZ

Mar. 19 New Jersey City University Jersey City, NJ

Mar. 20 CareerBuilder.com Seattle, WA

Mar. 20 Howard Community College Columbia, MD

Mar. 20 Corporate Gray Springfield, VA

Mar. 24 Bates Technical College Tacoma, WA

Mar. 25 The Military Edge Phoenix, AZ

Mar. 26 - 28 Minorities in Agriculture Natural
                          Resources & Related
                          Sciences (MANRRS Conference) Indianapolis, IN

Mar. 30 Salem State College Salem, MA
                          Last edited by prod; 03-05-2009, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                            Sounds like. FoxNews just had several stories on the border violence on the El Paso / Ciudad Juarez border. The Mexican army has even been deployed to the area.
                            Yea I saw that earlier today. They shoot up these two drug cartels

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                              Hey Barnaj,
                              Yeah, you should be getting a medical history update form in the mail if its been over year, and when you hit 2 years, its a total redo, i know because i did it yesterday! Just happy i got thru everything, you never know when you start getting older if your eyes and ears are gonna start going! Just gotta get my t.b. test read tommorrow and then i should be back on the good foot.
                              Last edited by barnaj; 03-05-2009, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Is it normal for this to say; Pre-Employment Forms: pending - One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required.

Background Investigation: pending - We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation.

This is from the CASS system. Does that mean that I have some forms missing? or it's normal to say that. Also for the BI it says they have not receive the necessary forms. I did sent all forms required. I did my fitness/medical on 3/2/09 and my VBT is on 3/11/09.
                                CBPO
                                Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                                TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                                Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                                Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                                VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                                Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                                BI:---------------- Pending....
                                Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12190 users online. 409 members and 11781 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X