Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got back from my medical and fitness test. Passed everything!

Comment

• Originally posted by vic1218 View Post
      I just got back from my medical and fitness test. Passed everything!
      Congrats on passing, thats one more requirement off the list. But don't stop exercising now, keep doing PT.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• I too had my medical and fitness yesterday. All went well except two: the nurse was totally drooling and staring at my nipples while attaching electrodes for the EKG; I normally wouldn’t mind except she was close to 300lb; and then the doctor told me to drop my pants to my knees; then proceeded and grabbed my balls, let go and said: all is well.

I guess now I’m 100% CBP ready!

I went to sleep with “up, up, down, down” still playing in my head!
        CBPO Timeline
        Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
        NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
        Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
        Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
        Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
        BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
        Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
        The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
        EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
        FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
        Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
          Hey guys week 2 in fletc. Pretty cool. Can't really complain when you get paid to sleep, work out, eat and learn. Only thing is I really miss my family back home.
          That will be my biggest concern. The rest is gravy. Like you said, eat, sleep, workout, and learn. Easy money. Being away from the wife and kids for that long will be really difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
            That will be my biggest concern. The rest is gravy. Like you said, eat, sleep, workout, and learn. Easy money. Being away from the wife and kids for that long will be really difficult.
            Dont forget about drinking booze. As a bonus, it'll help you sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              Dont forget about drinking booze. As a bonus, it'll help you sleep.
              So they allow you to drink at FLETC? And do they have a bar on campus, or do you have to take the bus down to the walmart? I would always share to help team spirit.

Comment

• Yes you can drink, yes there is a bar and yes you can go to walmart to or package goods store to buy some "team spirit".
                Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by usmc2cbp View Post
                  Does any one know if being in the military reserves while working as a CBP Officer or any Federal LE type job helps or hurts?
                  I might be able to get a bonus for reenlisting but I wouldn't make that commitment if it might hurt what will hopefully become my career. I am joining EOD on Mar 16 and going to FLETC in Apr. The drop dead date for the bonus is Sept 30.

Thanks for any sugestions.
                  Being a reserve cannot hurt you in the hiring process. It would be against the law if it did. There are several laws that protect Active and Inactive reserves (i.e USERRA). If you have served less than 8 years, you could be called again for duty even if you are not an active reserve. I hope this helps Devil Dog, good luck! and thanks for still serving!

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                    So they allow you to drink at FLETC? And do they have a bar on campus, or do you have to take the bus down to the walmart? I would always share to help team spirit.
                    Yep, i think they know that if it werent for booze people would go crazy. There is the fletc express on campus that you can buy beer at and a bar on base. They serve a beer called Sweetwater, 5.5% alcohol, its pretty awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Yep, i think they know that if it werent for booze people would go crazy. There is the fletc express on campus that you can buy beer at and a bar on base. They serve a beer called Sweetwater, 5.5% alcohol, its pretty awesome!
                      I just checked out the Sweetwater Brewery website. Sounds like a good beer. I have never seen it here in Florida. When I was checking out their different types to only one close to 5.5% was their 420 extra pale ale @ 5.4%. That would be pretty ironic to have at a federal law enforcement trainign center.

Comment

• Originally posted by usmc2cbp View Post
                        Does any one know if being in the military reserves while working as a CBP Officer or any Federal LE type job helps or hurts?
                        I might be able to get a bonus for reenlisting but I wouldn't make that commitment if it might hurt what will hopefully become my career. I am joining EOD on Mar 16 and going to FLETC in Apr. The drop dead date for the bonus is Sept 30.

Thanks for any sugestions.
                        Not in the least bit. It's a good deal, extra money, contiune serving, retirement, and all expense paid vacations to the most glorious spots in the world.

Met a guy at FLETC who deployed 5 days after EOD and was gone for nearly 2 years. When he returned he just went back to pre FLETC status and went to the academy. BTW he was an 11 at FLETC basic.

A buddy of mine deployed before finishing OJT at the port. He'll return nearly an 11 without being signed off on a bunch of crap, no biggie.

The problem is with the scheduling folks. If they don't know the rules and policies for military service, it can make taking .mil leave a hassle. Go here and read: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/HTML/military.asp

Comment

• Just as a word of warning...not that most of you need it.

The two things that I have seen that are most likely to cost your job at FLETC are alcohol and sex. Injuries will get you sent home to recover, but booze and women/men will kill your career.

It's utterly amazing to see how puerile some people become with regards to those 'vices' while at Glynco.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            Just as a word of warning...not that most of you need it.

The two things that I have seen that are most likely to cost your job at FLETC are alcohol and sex. Injuries will get you sent home to recover, but booze and women/men will kill your career.

It's utterly amazing to see how puerile some people become with regards to those 'vices' while at Glynco.
                            Point taken. That's why I was very surprised to hear you can drink there. Drinking would be the last thing I would want to do with PT and a 1.5 mile run the next day. The weekend is different story though.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Just as a word of warning...not that most of you need it.

Dont blame the booze, blame immaturity of the individual. You see i can drink without groping some fletc girl then getting the size 12 out the door. This happened to someone while i was there. I joke around alot about the drinking, but if you cannot handle yourself under the influence, take it easy on the stuff. It just so happens that pounding beers was my way of unwinding and staying sane!

Comment

• Barnaj,
                                Did you check your CASS today? I'm in the same boat as you now...

Requirements Met - 3/2/09
                                You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/18/08
                                NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
                                TO: 09/23/08
                                Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
                                Medical: Completed 12/08
                                Drug Test: Completed 11/08
                                Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
                                VBT: Completed 11/08
                                BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
                                Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
                                3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6147 users online. 256 members and 5891 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X