300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
    How did you find out who your adjucator is?
    he called me back in december because he needed a specific document from me. he gave me his name and fax number. i used his fax number to contact him again and get his email.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      I doubt that. As long as they are listed on your security forms, they dont give a crap. Seriously, they do NOT care.
      Did you get a NOPA for the Dui's?

Comment

• update #2
        went to VBT test early morning. It is wierd.. and i think i did fine.

talk to the officer briefly, and he said LA port is in-need of officer. and it had been hiring.. and express the process. that's what impression that he is giving me. 25 people just got in the port today, those are probably from 1.5 years ago?! since July 08 people just got to EFLET like 2 weeks. I believe they will still express the process for may be few more terms..but after that... not sure... i believe (just me) the window is closing.. to get in FAST..so.. hurry up and pass up coming test!!!

shout out to people give me some insight on VBT test.. i want to say "thank you"!!

went to physical and medicial afternoon.
        eye, hearing.. everything is fine.. and there is no problem yes. i have a 20/20 without surgery.. jealous? lol

fitness ... also there is no problem...

Dr. Said i pass everything... so i am not too worry...

that's it from now... so... hopefully get few more update real soon!

Peace out

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          I doubt that. As long as they are listed on your security forms, they dont give a crap. Seriously, they do NOT care.

Well, I’m going to have to disagree with you.

A NOPA can be issued for any offense that would indicate a pattern and practice of inappropriate behavior, including speeding, and regardless of whether it’s disclosed properly to IA or not. Part of this job is driving G-rides at work, after all. I don’t think there’s all that many people who would view 6 tickets in 3 years as anything less than approaching recklessness and a disregard for the law.

Speed laws were written to promote public safety. It’s well established that excessive speed KILLS people…daily.

Even if it’s possible to get around the number of tickets, the timing still is a problem. The ticket from July, 08 is from well after he applied. IMO, it’s sort of hard to argue how he’s learned from his past, turned over a new leaf, and become personally responsible and accountable for his actions when he has at least one offense out there dated from well after he applied for a law enforcement position.

I'd expect a NOPA at least, with a fairly difficult road to take to overcome it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draven27 View Post
            frisco, Im sorta in the same boat about the whole vacation dilemma. Trying to plan a week cruise with my lady but wouldnt wanna get a call for BI interview or Pee test while Im hangin out in the middle of the ocean or something.

USCG, yeah, its a big leap, but Im sure it'll be worth it. Im one of the millions that got laid off so I kinda have nothing to lose but Im crazy excited to get started. Good luck and best wishes to you and your family.
            Draven, thank you very much. Good luck to you as well and no sweat, just sit back and relax. You eventually will be part of the team also!
            N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
            Passed:Medical (1/2009)
            Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
            Passed(2:50):JST
            Passed:Mini-Medical
            January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
            Medical: Passed
            PT Test: Passed
            Qualifications GS7: Done
            VBT: Passed
            Backround: Done
            Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
            Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
            Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
            CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm ready View Post
              Does anyone know the geographical code for florida??? thanks
              From July of 08...I imagine that they're still all valid.

Geographic Location Codes: During the registration process for the written test, candidates will be asked to enter one (1) geographic code where they would be willing to work. Please note, when selecting a code, the applicant must be willing to work at any duty location that falls within that code's jurisdiction. Applicants who pass the written test and want to change their geographic location code at some later point, but before being tentatively selected, will be allowed to change their code by submitting their request in writing. If selected for a location, the applicant will be removed from the CBP Officer register. Selectees will be required to pay all relocation expenses to the initial duty station. If you are offered a CBP Officer position within the geographic location that was listed on your tentative selection offer letter and you decline the offer, you will have to wait until the next open period to re-apply.

201 - Alabama

202 - Alaska

203 - Arizona

258 - California-San Francisco and Oakland

259 - California-Los Angeles/Long Beach/LAX

260 - California - All Other Locations (includes but not limited to San Bernardino and Sacramento)

270 - California - Calexico and Andrade

271 - California-Southwest Border Locations (includes but not limited to San Diego, El Centro, Otay Mesa, San Ysidro, and Tecate)

206 - Colorado

207 - Connecticut

208 - Delaware

209 - Florida-Miami Airport and Seaport

272- Florida-Key West

273 - Florida- All other (excludes Miami Airport and Seaport and Key West)

211 - Georgia

212 - Guam

213 - Hawaii

214 - Idaho

215 - Illinois

216 - Indiana

217 - Iowa

218 - Kansas

219 - Kentucky

220 - Louisiana

221 - Maine

222 - Maryland

223 - Massachusetts

224 - Michigan

261 - Minnesota-Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro Area

262 - Minnesota-All Other Locations

226 - Mississippi

227 - Missouri

228 - Montana

229 - Nebraska

230 - Nevada

231 - New Hampshire

232 - New Jersey

278- New Mexico-Columbus

234 - New York City/JFK Airport, NY

263 - New York-Buffalo (includes but not limited to Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse)

264 - New York-All Other Locations (includes but not limited to Albany, Alexandria Bay, Champlain, and Ogdensburg)

236 - North Carolina

237 - North Dakota

238 - Ohio

239 - Oklahoma

240 - Oregon

241 - Pennsylvania

242 - Puerto Rico

243 - Rhode Island

244 - South Carolina

245 - South Dakota

246 - Tennessee

247 - Texas-East (includes but not limited to Amarillo, Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Freeport, Galveston, Houston, Lubbock, Midland, Port Arthur and San Antonio)

265 - Texas-Laredo

276- Texas- Presidio

266 - Texas-All Other Southwest Border Locations (includes but not limited to Brownsville, Del Rio, Eagle Pass, Pharr, Progreso, Rio Grande City, and Roma)

277 - Texas-West/New Mexico Locations (includes but not limited to El Paso, Fabens, TX; and the state of New Mexico, excluding Columbus, New Mexico)

274 - U.S. Virgin Islands- St. Thomas

275- U.S. Virgin Islands- St. Croix

250 - Utah

251 - Vermont

252 - Virginia (includes but not limited to Dulles Airport and Washington, D.C.)

268 - Washington-Northern Border Locations (includes but not limited to Blaine, Frontier, and Oroville)

269 - Washington-All Other Locations

254 - West Virginia

255 - Wisconsin

256 - Wyoming

Comment

• Whoops...double post.
                Last edited by merlin436; 03-04-2009, 03:28 AM. Reason: double post...

Comment

• Originally Posted by soto2635
                  i was reading that traffic violations effect you, i have got 2 tickets in NY back in 2006, 1 for illegal parking, and another for not having an inspection sticker. i also got 4 in NC when i was in the marines for speeding 70 in a 55, the cops there are so racist and dont give u the time of day. were i was stationed ws the middle of no where ,where the cops make 8.50 an hour. but anyways the last one i got was last july. what do you guys think will this hurt me?
                  2 DUI's back in '00 and '01, and have a completed BI in full ( not interim or any of that suprise b.s ). Just be honest on your SF86 and dont sweat it.

I would be suprised if either of you made it.

I could be wrong, but geez...

And I am not saying anything derogatory about you. (you could be the finest citizen now since sliced bread for all I know)We have had a problem with intergrity recently though. "They" might want to tighten things up a bit. Food for thought..

Comment

• Originally posted by vqv123 View Post
                    does your driving history come up during your meeting with your BI? The only thing I remember seeing while filling out the pre employment forms were violations/citations over $300.
                    I tried to tell my BI about a speeding ticket I got last year but he kind of blew it off like it didn't matter and we never got back to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                      Did you get a NOPA for the Dui's?
                      No, but maybe thats because it was like 8 and 9 years ago. Thats why i cant imagine speeding tickets being a problem as long as you disclose them.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        Well, I’m going to have to disagree with you.

A NOPA can be issued for any offense that would indicate a pattern and practice of inappropriate behavior, including speeding, and regardless of whether it’s disclosed properly to IA or not. Part of this job is driving G-rides at work, after all. I don’t think there’s all that many people who would view 6 tickets in 3 years as anything less than approaching recklessness and a disregard for the law.

Speed laws were written to promote public safety. It’s well established that excessive speed KILLS people…daily.

Even if it’s possible to get around the number of tickets, the timing still is a problem. The ticket from July, 08 is from well after he applied. IMO, it’s sort of hard to argue how he’s learned from his past, turned over a new leaf, and become personally responsible and accountable for his actions when he has at least one offense out there dated from well after he applied for a law enforcement position.

I'd expect a NOPA at least, with a fairly difficult road to take to overcome it.
                        Well i may have spoken harshly saying the DO NOT care, but its not a big deal. I guess of course it all depends on the whole picture of the applicant and whoever so happens to work your case. Like i said ive had 2 BI's for CBP and never got a NOPA for anything, so i assumed parking tickets wouldnt be the issue since they'd have bigger fish to fry. Who the heck knows though?

Comment

• Originally posted by ford123 View Post
                          I would be suprised if either of you made it.

I could be wrong, but geez...

And I am not saying anything derogatory about you. (you could be the finest citizen now since sliced bread for all I know)We have had a problem with intergrity recently though. "They" might want to tighten things up a bit. Food for thought..
                          Then you would be suprised to know that my BI is cleared and they said its "not interim waivered, its fully cleared". Best news I've heard in a while.

Comment

• Does any one know if being in the military reserves while working as a CBP Officer or any Federal LE type job helps or hurts?
                            I might be able to get a bonus for reenlisting but I wouldn't make that commitment if it might hurt what will hopefully become my career. I am joining EOD on Mar 16 and going to FLETC in Apr. The drop dead date for the bonus is Sept 30.

Thanks for any sugestions.
                            Last edited by usmc2cbp; 03-04-2009, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Basically shows who they will hire then if you have had that many DUI's, but then again, it's only a security clearance. All you are doing is talking with some contract BI, who then turns in their findings to get paid. However the whole "I don't give a crap" mentality won't fly to well at FLETC or when you are on the job. Good luck.
                              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                                Basically shows who they will hire then if you have had that many DUI's, but then again, it's only a security clearance. All you are doing is talking with some contract BI, who then turns in their findings to get paid. However the whole "I don't give a crap" mentality won't fly to well at FLETC or when you are on the job. Good luck.
                                You referring to me? Just asking because I never said one thing about not giving a crap and have been through CBP training at FLETC already and it's not that tough.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14727 users online. 463 members and 14264 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X