Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i was reading that traffic violations effect you, i have got 2 tickets in NY back in 2006, 1 for illegal parking, and another for not having an inspection sticker. i also got 4 in NC when i was in the marines for speeding 70 in a 55, the cops there are so racist and dont give u the time of day. were i was stationed ws the middle of no where ,where the cops make 8.50 an hour. but anyways the last one i got was last july. what do you guys think will this hurt me?
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
      i was reading that traffic violations effect you, i have got 2 tickets in NY back in 2006, 1 for illegal parking, and another for not having an inspection sticker. i also got 4 in NC when i was in the marines for speeding 70 in a 55, the cops there are so racist and dont give u the time of day. were i was stationed ws the middle of no where ,where the cops make 8.50 an hour. but anyways the last one i got was last july. what do you guys think will this hurt me?
      Non-moving Violations should not affect your Investigation, but multiple moving violations will. It all depends on the frequency and severity of the violations. Internal Affairs sees this as a character flaw, where you see yourself as above the law and are hence unsuitable for employment in Law Enforcement. I'd say that if you have gotten more than 5 moving violations in 5 years you might find yourself having to respond to a NOPA down the road. On the other hand, be as up front as possible with any and all violations, so that they don't see it as you trying to hide/cover information...
      Good Luck Bud!...
      I suggest you go down to the DMV and get a Driving History Report (not Driving Record) ASAP, so that you have everything there...
      Last edited by yoda; 03-03-2009, 07:19 PM.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

      Comment


      • Originally posted by yoda View Post
        Non-moving Violations should not affect your Investigation, but multiple moving violations will. It all depends on the frequency and severity of the violations. Internal Affairs sees this as a character flaw, where you see yourself as above the law and are hence unsuitable for employment in Law Enforcement. I'd say that if you have gotten more than 5 moving violations in 5 years you might find yourself having to respond to a NOPA down the road. On the other hand, be as up front as possible with any and all violations, so that they don't see it as you trying to hide/cover information...
        Good Luck Bud!...
        I suggest you go down to the DMV and get a Driving History Report (not Driving Record) ASAP, so that you have everything there...
        will these show up b/c i had a ny license before when i got all these tickets minus the last one i had a fl one then.
        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
          will these show up b/c i had a ny license before when i got all these tickets minus the last one i had a fl one then.
          A Driving History Report should include the last 10 years, instead of 5, and your Driving History should include the violations from other states as well... Mine did... Just to be sure, try to source you old Lic. #'s so that (if needed), you have them with you when you go to the DMV.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

          Comment


          • does your driving history come up during your meeting with your BI? The only thing I remember seeing while filling out the pre employment forms were violations/citations over $300.

            Comment


            • Just took the exam today.

              The math section was the most intense for me but overall I feel good about it. I'm living in vegas right now and am dying to get back to San diego.

              Comment


              • Hey guys week 2 in fletc. Pretty cool. Can't really complain when you get paid to sleep, work out, eat and learn. Only thing is I really miss my family back home.

                Comment


                • lol i just got back down to san diego from a weekend at las vegas. got super sick. i think my background will be clearing soon since i got an email from my adjudicator saying he has all the information he needs now.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                    does anyone here work at the west texas/new mexico sector? i just got s selective letter and thats the location i put down just trying to get some feed back on the location thanks
                    Border Patrol has sectors, we have field offices.

                    Comment


                    • ????

                      Originally posted by DLA View Post
                      lol i just got back down to san diego from a weekend at las vegas. got super sick. i think my background will be clearing soon since i got an email from my adjudicator saying he has all the information he needs now.
                      How did you find out who your adjucator is?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by I'm ready View Post
                        After a few years how difficult is it to get a transfer to another location as a CBP officer???
                        As has been said...difficult.

                        I wouldn't expect to move for at least 4 years and even then it all depends on what you're looking for. If you're at port 'L' and you're willing to move just about anywhere...chances are a lot better. If you're at port 'L' and you're only looking to move to port 'T', chances are much slimmer.

                        Honestly, the best bet is to get into someplace in the first place that you're willing to be at for a long, long time. Don't count on being able to move, it won't happen easily and your options to move to may be places you have no interest in going to.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                          i was reading that traffic violations effect you, i have got 2 tickets in NY back in 2006, 1 for illegal parking, and another for not having an inspection sticker. i also got 4 in NC when i was in the marines for speeding 70 in a 55, the cops there are so racist and dont give u the time of day. were i was stationed ws the middle of no where ,where the cops make 8.50 an hour. but anyways the last one i got was last july. what do you guys think will this hurt me?
                          2 DUI's back in '00 and '01, and have a completed BI in full ( not interim or any of that suprise b.s ). Just be honest on your SF86 and dont sweat it.

                          Comment


                          • 6 tickets in the last 3 years...with the last one only 7 months ago?

                            I imagine you'll have to sing and dance a bit to get around that.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              6 tickets in the last 3 years...with the last one only 7 months ago?

                              I imagine you'll have to sing and dance a bit to get around that.
                              I doubt that. As long as they are listed on your security forms, they dont give a crap. Seriously, they do NOT care.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RockSix View Post
                                I don't know the class number yet, I should be getting that in the mail today or tomorrow, but the guy said FLETC will be 22APR2009 thru 5AUG2009.
                                Sounds familiar. You should be class 943. That's what my paperwork said.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 14742 users online. 462 members and 14280 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X