Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by FLA22 View Post
    Perhaps Florida all other is full but not Miami. Especially with the new international terminal opening. There are 27 going to FLETC soon for Miami. I heard Key West needs people also.


    Does anyone know the geographical code for florida??? thanks

    Comment


    • After a few years how difficult is it to get a transfer to another location as a CBP officer???

      Comment


      • very difficult

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
          I know what you mean, I was a little confused to why I wasn't drug tested when I did my physical/fitness. I was already at the doctor's office, why couldn't I take the screening to get it over and done with for processing. But the drug testing seems to be a somewhat touchy issue with the hiring center to be able to spring it upon you so the applicant can't "prepare" themselves. I understand why they do it the way they do, and it's something you don't want to make a big issue out of.
          I understand that but its just that I have an interview in Georgia which is my geo preference and I do not want to leave then I get a call to report for the test the next day and I miss my chance. No I do not have a cell phone, so I will have to wait until I get back to check my messages. That, as you can see is my predicament.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
            very difficult
            Hey, did you get your VBT results yet?
            I am asking because based on your post a while ago you were stressing out over the results just as I was. I did mine at JFK the last week of January.

            Comment


            • Most answering machines these days, you can access from another phone. So why not attempt that, or buy an answering machine. Or have someone check your messages for you.
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                Most answering machines these days, you can access from another phone. So why not attempt that, or buy an answering machine. Or have someone check your messages for you.
                I do have a machine but I am not able to access it from another phone and in my house messages tend to vanish into thin air.

                Comment


                • does anyone here work at the west texas/new mexico sector? i just got s selective letter and thats the location i put down just trying to get some feed back on the location thanks
                  "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

                  Comment


                  • SOTO, am I reading that correctly?? You tested for CBP in November of 2007 and got a TO in MARCH 2009?!?!? Am I missing something?
                    Test: 12/8/08
                    EOD: June 22, 2009
                    Class 960
                    FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

                    Comment


                    • yea its weird i though it was only good for a year, but i got till nov 2009. does anyone know what happens next?
                      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                        yea its weird i though it was only good for a year, but i got till nov 2009. does anyone know what happens next?
                        That does seem very weird. What location did you select?

                        If I understand correctly what point you are at, you would submit the pre-employment forms that were included with your tentative offer. After that you wait for calls to schedule the remaining requirements. Once all the requirements are successfully completed, you wait anxiously by the phone again for “the call” to learn that you have been selected for a open position and when to start training.
                        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                        Comment


                        • Huh?? Whats good til Nov 2009?? You only have 2 weeks to finish and mail your TO. And I believe your test is only good for a year. What are you talking about?
                          Test: 12/8/08
                          EOD: June 22, 2009
                          Class 960
                          FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

                          Comment


                          • my app is good till nov 09
                            "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                              That does seem very weird. What location did you select?

                              If I understand correctly what point you are at, you would submit the pre-employment forms that were included with your tentative offer. After that you wait for calls to schedule the remaining requirements. Once all the requirements are successfully completed, you wait anxiously by the phone again for “the call” to learn that you have been selected for a open position and when to start training.

                              el paso, texas
                              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

                              Comment


                              • Transfers

                                Originally posted by I'm ready View Post
                                After a few years how difficult is it to get a transfer to another location as a CBP officer???
                                That depends on where you are at. If you are in a desired location, you can apply for a swap (body for body). Ex. from S. Texas to Dallas. There would have to be an officer in Dallas wanting to go where you are at and vice versa. If you're in S. Texas and want to go up to Montana, and there are no officers wanting to go south, then you would have to apply for a transfer and that could be a while. It all depends, but it's usually once you're an 11.
                                *****CBP Officer*****
                                Hot South Texas

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10043 users online. 428 members and 9615 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X