X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copy.... Let see what I can do

Comment

• Straight from the uniform policy:

33. What kind of earrings are allowed to be worn by uniformed employees?
      Answer: Only females are authorized to wear plain, stud-type earrings no more than ¼ inch in diameter. The wearing of more than one (1) pair of earrings is prohibited.

34. Can I wear earrings that meet the published standard, but is worn on the upper portion of the ear?
      Answer: No, this is not authorized.

35. Can I have a tattoo and wear a uniform?
      Answer: Yes, but it must be concealed if obscene, racially motivated or gang related. Nudity, expletives, hateful words/symbols, gang signs, etc would be considered obscene, racially motivated, or gang related.

36. Are body alterations authorized under the Personal Appearance Standards (PAS)?
      Answer: No, intentional alterations such as tongue splitting, tongue forking disfiguring skin implants, tooth filing, etc., are prohibited.

Comment

• frisco, Im sorta in the same boat about the whole vacation dilemma. Trying to plan a week cruise with my lady but wouldnt wanna get a call for BI interview or Pee test while Im hangin out in the middle of the ocean or something.

USCG, yeah, its a big leap, but Im sure it'll be worth it. Im one of the millions that got laid off so I kinda have nothing to lose but Im crazy excited to get started. Good luck and best wishes to you and your family.
        Test: 12/8/08
        EOD: June 22, 2009
        Class 960
        FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by MDMac View Post
          Count me in for the 16th. When do you go to FLETC?
          I don't know the class number yet, I should be getting that in the mail today or tomorrow, but the guy said FLETC will be 22APR2009 thru 5AUG2009.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Straight from the uniform policy:

33. What kind of earrings are allowed to be worn by uniformed employees?
            Answer: Only females are authorized to wear plain, stud-type earrings no more than ¼ inch in diameter. The wearing of more than one (1) pair of earrings is prohibited.

34. Can I wear earrings that meet the published standard, but is worn on the upper portion of the ear?
            Answer: No, this is not authorized.

35. Can I have a tattoo and wear a uniform?
            Answer: Yes, but it must be concealed if obscene, racially motivated or gang related. Nudity, expletives, hateful words/symbols, gang signs, etc would be considered obscene, racially motivated, or gang related.

36. Are body alterations authorized under the Personal Appearance Standards (PAS)?
            Answer: No, intentional alterations such as tongue splitting, tongue forking disfiguring skin implants, tooth filing, etc., are prohibited.

You mean we CANT split our tongues!? (Whatever the F that means). Haha, thats funny. BOP can probably tooth file though i bet!

Comment

• I have my VBT today guys. I'm sure i'll do fine!

Comment

• Originally posted by vic1218 View Post
                I have my VBT today guys. I'm sure i'll do fine!
                Good luck. Knock it out and move on!

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
                  WOW, I dont like the thought of possibly being let go for whatever reason. This is very concerning, especially since im moving from New York to Florida for this career. Any CBPO vets have any input on this? What are the chances of being let go for whatever reason during your probationary period?
                  Whoops...I didn't mean to put the fear in yah.

I wasn't suggesting CBP is going around and willy-nilly pulling back jobs from new hires. As far as I know, it's rare to get yourself fired...and I've never heard of anyone let go for no good reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    Whoops...I didn't mean to put the fear in yah.

I wasn't suggesting CBP is going around and willy-nilly pulling back jobs from new hires. As far as I know, it's rare to get yourself fired...and I've never heard of anyone let go for no good reason.
                    Nah, no fear! I'll just take your point into consideration.

Comment

• Last week a stirring occurred. I called TSU, (speed dial #3) and spoke with Chris. I was told that there is still no funding for my area, but new and mysterious codes or part numbers have appeared. I will have to continue to call and find out the meaning of those codes.

Prior to last week the standard answer was I was in LIMBO and I would be called. Maybe there is hope. Still I don't really want to go in the HOT Georgia Summers. Not looking forward to that at all. But will endure for the end goal. Can I pray for La Quinta?

Good luck all starting in the upcoming weeks.

CBPO-Salt Lake City
                      Tested: 7/07
                      TO: 7/08
                      Drug Test: Passed
                      VBT: Passed
                      Fitness: Passed
                      Quals: GS-5
                      Medical: Completed
                      BI: Completed, forwarded Oct 2008
                      Sent to Scheduling Unit October 22, 2008

Comment

• Well guys, I got my VBT results today after 5wks 5days of waiting and I am eligible thank god. I just wish they would call me for my drug test so that I can complete all the steps and wait to be cleared.

Comment

• does anyone know when the next hiring period CBP will be having???

Comment

• Originally posted by wastingaway32 View Post
                            Well guys, I got my VBT results today after 5wks 5days of waiting and I am eligible thank god. I just wish they would call me for my drug test so that I can complete all the steps and wait to be cleared.
                            I know what you mean, I was a little confused to why I wasn't drug tested when I did my physical/fitness. I was already at the doctor's office, why couldn't I take the screening to get it over and done with for processing. But the drug testing seems to be a somewhat touchy issue with the hiring center to be able to spring it upon you so the applicant can't "prepare" themselves. I understand why they do it the way they do, and it's something you don't want to make a big issue out of.
                            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm ready View Post
                              does anyone know when the next hiring period CBP will be having???
                              It was posted a couple pages back, I believe.

Comment

• updated! just got my VBT test finish today.... it should be fine... i didn't pretent to beat anybody up!!!

afternoon - medical and physical!! let's go!!!

shout out to YODA!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7170 users online. 338 members and 6832 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X