300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC/LI folk are wusses.

14 inches is just a light dusting on the NB. I used to drive 35 miles to the port in my Tacoma pushing 20 inches of white stuff all the way...good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
      We just did a Navy Seal work out on friday with BDUs gun belt and rifle, That was probably the toughest work out I've had at FLETC in 8 weeks. The reason we did that was because we got the best PC instructor at FLETC. Her name is Ms Martinez.
      CBP use rifles?? I had no idea. What kind of rifle? What locations do they have rifles?

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
        CBP use rifles?? I had no idea. What kind of rifle? What locations do they have rifles?
        I'm guessing red, plastic rifles...used for the weight and bulk effect in training only. Probably limited to FLETC.

As for rifles on the job...not to get into too many specifics here, but don't get your hopes up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
          I'm sure they looked something like this one:

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
            We just did a Navy Seal work out on friday with BDUs gun belt and rifle, That was probably the toughest work out I've had at FLETC in 8 weeks. The reason we did that was because we got the best PC instructor at FLETC. Her name is Ms Martinez.
            She is a beast for sure. Her arms scare me.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              I'm guessing red, plastic rifles...used for the weight and bulk effect in training only. Probably limited to FLETC.

As for rifles on the job...not to get into too many specifics here, but don't get your hopes up.
              We all carry MP5's here. It's some real secret squirrel stuff, on the down low.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                She is a beast for sure. Her arms scare me.
                Seconded. She is one hardcore instructor.

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
                  I was reading some of the conversations about Florida filled to capacity and Miami recently filling like 28 spots. I am just wondering if I lost my chances because I am currently in TSU (for Miami) for about a week and its driving me crazy to know I made it this far and not sure if I would get the call or not. Do anyone know what is the typical waiting period while you are in TSU and if they are still hiring for Miami. Thanks
                  You've only been in TSU for a week. Expect to hear nothing for 90 days. If it comes sooner, then it's all the better.

What Audio said. All this talk of "filled" is pretty much only true on the day of the talk, and only true of training slots. Maybe they're guesstimating a week or two intro the future, but I doubt anybody is looking any further ahead than that. All big ports are pretty much chronically short-staffed and hire year-round. If you're sitting in TSU awaiting Miami, short of dying or being arrested or something equally as harsh...you'll get the call, and within a reasonable time period.

Sit back and enjoy the wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    You've only been in TSU for a week. Expect to hear nothing for 90 days. If it comes sooner, then it's all the better.

What Audio said. All this talk of "filled" is pretty much only true on the day of the talk, and only true of training slots. Maybe they're guesstimating a week or two intro the future, but I doubt anybody is looking any further ahead than that. All big ports are pretty much chronically short-staffed and hire year-round. If you're sitting in TSU awaiting Miami, short of dying or being arrested or something equally as harsh...you'll get the call, and within a reasonable time period.

Sit back and enjoy the wait.
                    I agree. Speaking hypothetically 15 people could resign, transfer, die, or retire tommorrow and now they have spots for you to fill.

Comment

• modified bi

Hey all,
                      Anyone on here EOD on the modified interim BI? Just wondering that if you did if they sent you a waiver to sign or does it go off the pre-employment form you signed? Mine is clear and its been 6-7 months since i sent the forms and fingerprints in and 4+ since i met the BI. Wondering what the odds are of having a full completed BI or a modified interim?
                      Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                        Hey all,
                        Anyone on here EOD on the modified interim BI? Just wondering that if you did if they sent you a waiver to sign or does it go off the pre-employment form you signed? Mine is clear and its been 6-7 months since i sent the forms and fingerprints in and 4+ since i met the BI. Wondering what the odds are of having a full completed BI or a modified interim?
                        Thanks.
                        I am in EOD with a interim clearance. The MHC told me the waiver is included with the pre-employment forms, and is granted if your SF86 looks clear under quick review.
                        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                          I am in EOD with a interim clearance. The MHC told me the waiver is included with the pre-employment forms, and is granted if your SF86 looks clear under quick review.
                          How long did you wait for your security to clear? I was just guessing that most with interims are the guys who's BI's clear right off the bat. Ive been waiting like 4+ months and am assuming that if i had interim it would of been quicker to clear. Whats your opinion? Also did they call you and say you were granted an interim and ask you if you wanted to do that?

Comment

• Awww MS MARTINEZ is HARDCORE! You trackin wit me? I miss her.
                            What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

I agree. Speaking hypothetically 15 people could resign, transfer, die, or retire tommorrow and now they have spots for you to fill.
                              That's true. But as you probably know...most likely any position opening today will ultimately be filled in 2010 or 2011.

Well, that's a bit harsh...at least as far as the retirees go. CBP has some advance warning on them. They might get those openings filled in less than a year.

The transfers, quitters and those passing away are likely surprises to the agency. Those spots will take awhile to fill. Few things move fast with regards to hiring.

Todays hires are most likely filling positions vacated in late 07/early 08, or newly funded positions created in the 09 budget.

Comment

How long did you wait for your security to clear? I was just guessing that most with interims are the guys who's BI's clear right off the bat. Ive been waiting like 4+ months and am assuming that if i had interim it would of been quicker to clear. Whats your opinion? Also did they call you and say you were granted an interim and ask you if you wanted to do that?
                                Barnaj

CASS updated the first week of February showing my security as completed, with my medical/fitness, drug test, and qualifications still pending. I sent in my pre-employment forms the first week of January, so that’s about a month for the "provisional clearance" to show on CASS. I never received a call from the MHC asking if I wanted the provisional clearance, I just noticed CASS updated stating my investigation was completed.

From what the MHC told me when I called that day asking why my background investigation was completed with no call from an investigator, I was told from a quick review of all my paperwork with no red flags visible, a provisional clearance was granted to continue the hiring process until a full background investigation was completed.

I'm guessing if it has been 4+ months with your background investigation still pending, you will have to go though the full investigation. But I am not too sure about this fairly random process, I am just guessing.
                                Last edited by TPA3312; 03-02-2009, 01:15 PM.
                                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5916 users online. 346 members and 5570 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X