300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
    Yea 1630 is the cut off time for the 6 laps. Lucky for miramar nelson you guys are there in the winter time. Summer time in Bruinswick GA=HEAT like no other.

Be prepared to go through high school drama all over again...I know my academy had its share. Married men and women let loose there which sucks knowing their significant others are home praying and hoping they pass the academy. Im Christian and 16 weeks away from the wife was hell, but to ruin a marriage at FLETC....you have to be EFFING kidding me. I guess it shows the integrity of others =/

And yes youll see over weight out of shape people just barely making it.
    You are absolutely right about being at FLETC in the winter, the summers must be horrible there. You carry too much gear there to be worrying about hot weather also, we all agree it's better in the winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
      Thanks for the info. How far away is the hotel? Do they still run buses? So the run time is still at 16:30?
      Not far at all! I take the 6:30 am bus and we make it to chow hall at 6:45 eat a quick breakfast and go where I need to go plenty of time. I also have the choice of continental breakfast at LA QUINTA.

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
        You are absolutely right about being at FLETC in the winter, the summers must be horrible there. You carry too much gear there to be worrying about hot weather also, we all agree it's better in the winter.
        As long as it doesn't get hotter than 118 in the summer, I'm ok with it. We get this type of weather in the Summer here in Calexico/Yuma/Andrade

Comment

• Originally posted by spartan300 View Post
          As long as it doesn't get hotter than 118 in the summer, I'm ok with it. We get this type of weather in the Summer here in Calexico/Yuma/Andrade
          I know the type of heat you are talking about. I was stationed in the Cali. desert in the military. The only difference is 118 of dry heat will not suffocate you like 98 of humid sticky heat. It will beat you down quickly.

Comment

Not far at all! I take the 6:30 am bus and we make it to chow hall at 6:45 eat a quick breakfast and go where I need to go plenty of time. I also have the choice of continental breakfast at LA QUINTA.
            I like to workout. What are they buses like in the afternoon/evening. Is there more than one run and if so how often do they run?

Comment

That place actually looks pretty decent. I wouldn't mind being housed there.

Comment

• for those that met with your BI, where did you do so? I got a call the other day real early in the morning by some guy in the D.C. area telling me in 3-4 weeks my BI will call and want to meet the next day or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                  for those that met with your BI, where did you do so? I got a call the other day real early in the morning by some guy in the D.C. area telling me in 3-4 weeks my BI will call and want to meet the next day or so.
                  I met mine at the local PD. Some will want to meet at your home so they can then go around and speak with your neighbors. Others will want to meet at your work to speak with your coworkers.

Comment

for those that met with your BI, where did you do so? I got a call the other day real early in the morning by some guy in the D.C. area telling me in 3-4 weeks my BI will call and want to meet the next day or so.
                    I met with my investigator at a public location. Then be followed me home to attempt to talk the neighbors.
                    Last edited by TPA3312; 04-23-2009, 09:09 AM.
                    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• My BI met me at my house. Then he went to my current job to talk to my employers. All went well as far as I know.

Written Exam: 09/08
                      Physical Fitness / Medical: 11/08
                      BI: 02/09
                      Drug Test: Still waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                        I know the type of heat you are talking about. I was stationed in the Cali. desert in the military. The only difference is 118 of dry heat will not suffocate you like 98 of humid sticky heat. It will beat you down quickly.
                        Where were you stationed? Here in Calexico it gets pretty humid as well an hot as well. But you are right, humidity does not allow you to sweat and absorbs a lot of energy from you.
                        I'll be reporting April 9 and graduate on July 22. so I'll enjoy the southern hospitality that Georgian summer has to offer! LOL!

Comment

Yeah, met mine at the police department in one of those interview rooms. Same day she came to the neighborhood and talked with my folks, a couple neighbors and one of my contacts.

Comment

• What happens if you miss your medical because there is 14 inches of snow? Lol mines at 815am and its snowing like crazy. What would you guys recommend? Thanks.
                            TO: 1/29/09
                            Fitness: 4/1/09 passed
                            Medical: 4/1/09 passed
                            VBT: 3/20/09 eligible
                            Drug Test: 4/1/09 passed
                            Met with BI: 4/7/09
                            Quals: GS-7
                            BI: Done
                            TSU: 7/2/09

Comment

• Leave now and sleep in your car.

Hey, I am in Suffolk too.

Comment

• On a serious note, I am sure it would be understandable if you are late. And with 14 inches, they might not even show up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12193 users online. 434 members and 11759 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X