300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    Still waiting to be cleared!.... I wish I was there with you bud.... It's been 2 weeks since my file was sent up the chain at IA, still no word, but I'm still showing up on the system which is good. Keep at it, your time there will be done really soon.
    Did you reapply for MIAMI? keep your head up man hopefully you'll get the call soon

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
      Did you reapply for MIAMI? keep your head up man hopefully you'll get the call soon
      I did Florida (All Other Locations), I just want my wait to be over... at this point I just want an answer be it good or bad, but an answer!...
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

I haven't posted in a while, just wanted to give some info about my adventures at FLETC. I'm from class 922, I just finished week 8, so I'm officially halfway there. I will be graduating on APR 22. I was blessed not to be staying on base, FLETC is so booked right now that my entire class (48 people) is staying off base at LA QUINTA. There are some disadvantages of not staying on base, but for the most part having my own room and bathroom and my privacy is really priceless. About 90% of the people staying inside FLETC are either sharing a bathroom or the whole room, there's only a lucky few that have privacy there. The government really spoils you at FLETC the whole place really caters to you, we get decent food 3 times a day ( i just can't eat it on the weekends) so you just can't help but give 200%. At least from my end, but I'm not gonna lie there are some people there training for CBP, just giving a half *** effort because they either don't care or they're too out of shape, really overweight. It kind of makes you wonder how the hell did they get the job. Rumors has it that as of OCT 2009 they will be lowering the 1 1/2 mile to 15 minutes. Once they do that maybe we will become more of an elite unit, which is the way it should be. Now if you are overweight and you can complete all the physical requirements then I don't have a problem but there are some people there that failed the run the first time and they're just going through the motions and we worry more about them trying to help them more than they worry about themselves. Anyways I don't wanna bore you guys but if there is anything you wanna now about FLETC let me know, I'll check postings later on today.
        Thanks for the info. How far away is the hotel? Do they still run buses? So the run time is still at 16:30?

Comment

• Yea 1630 is the cut off time for the 6 laps. Lucky for miramar nelson you guys are there in the winter time. Summer time in Bruinswick GA=HEAT like no other.

Be prepared to go through high school drama all over again...I know my academy had its share. Married men and women let loose there which sucks knowing their significant others are home praying and hoping they pass the academy. Im Christian and 16 weeks away from the wife was hell, but to ruin a marriage at FLETC....you have to be EFFING kidding me. I guess it shows the integrity of others =/

And yes youll see over weight out of shape people just barely making it.
          What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• My CASS says "completed" and show green check marks by all of my pre-employment requirements but it has not changed to the message that says, “You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps.”

Last Wednesday, before my CASS showed "completed" for my background investigation, I emailed MHC and got this email back:

“As of today your BI was just completed. Your next step will be going to Training and Scheduling once we review your file for completeness.”

I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight as to why my CASS stayed with only completed check marks instead of going to, “You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements…..” like most everyone else’s does when they have completed all of their requirements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
              My CASS says "completed" and show green check marks by all of my pre-employment requirements but it has not changed to the message that says, “You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps.”

Last Wednesday, before my CASS showed "completed" for my background investigation, I emailed MHC and got this email back:

“As of today your BI was just completed. Your next step will be going to Training and Scheduling once we review your file for completeness.”

I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight as to why my CASS stayed with only completed check marks instead of going to, “You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements…..” like most everyone else’s does when they have completed all of their requirements.
              It's probably just lagging behind as usual. Have you tried the phone system? Either way you're good to go. Congrats!

Comment

I haven't posted in a while, just wanted to give some info about my adventures at FLETC. I'm from class 922, I just finished week 8, so I'm officially halfway there. I will be graduating on APR 22. I was blessed not to be staying on base, FLETC is so booked right now that my entire class (48 people) is staying off base at LA QUINTA. There are some disadvantages of not staying on base, but for the most part having my own room and bathroom and my privacy is really priceless. About 90% of the people staying inside FLETC are either sharing a bathroom or the whole room, there's only a lucky few that have privacy there. The government really spoils you at FLETC the whole place really caters to you, we get decent food 3 times a day ( i just can't eat it on the weekends) so you just can't help but give 200%. At least from my end, but I'm not gonna lie there are some people there training for CBP, just giving a half *** effort because they either don't care or they're too out of shape, really overweight. It kind of makes you wonder how the hell did they get the job. Rumors has it that as of OCT 2009 they will be lowering the 1 1/2 mile to 15 minutes. Once they do that maybe we will become more of an elite unit, which is the way it should be. Now if you are overweight and you can complete all the physical requirements then I don't have a problem but there are some people there that failed the run the first time and they're just going through the motions and we worry more about them trying to help them more than they worry about themselves. Anyways I don't wanna bore you guys but if there is anything you wanna now about FLETC let me know, I'll check postings later on today.
                Thanks for the information! I head down there on Tuesday, so learning about the housing situation is definitely beneficial.

Comment

• Hopefully you get off campus housing or the Taj! DO NOT ORDER TAKE OUT FROM THAT CHINESE FOOD RESTAURANT that leaves their flyers in dorms 185 186 187. I swear I got salmonella poisoning there. 4 days of water poop + fever + a little vomiting during training=not cool lol maybe a little TMI, but I dont want anyone getting sick and having to go home cuz damn ive never pooped like that in my LIFE lol
                  What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                    It's probably just lagging behind as usual. Have you tried the phone system? Either way you're good to go. Congrats!
                    Yeah...that was what made me the most curious about it. The phone system says the same thing. It goes just like normal, but instead of saying, "pending" (like it has for 6 months) it just says, "completed" for every requirement.

I did a search, and in an earlier post someone had mentioned having all green checks and getting the call shortly there after, so I'm not really all that worried about it; it's just kinda strange.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. ExSDSO!!! The last thing I'm going to need at FLETC is the squirts!!! :EEK: JUST SAY "NO" TO CHINESE TAKE OUT !!! HAHA

Comment

• I was reading some of the conversations about Florida filled to capacity and Miami recently filling like 28 spots. I am just wondering if I lost my chances because I am currently in TSU (for Miami) for about a week and its driving me crazy to know I made it this far and not sure if I would get the call or not. Do anyone know what is the typical waiting period while you are in TSU and if they are still hiring for Miami. Thanks
                        Miami by way of Chicago
                        Test 8/4/08
                        TO 11/13/08
                        Drug Test 11/13/08
                        VBT 12/11/08
                        Physical 12/16/08
                        Qual 1/10/09
                        Met BI 1/5/09
                        BI cleared 2/19/09
                        TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
                          I was reading some of the conversations about Florida filled to capacity and Miami recently filling like 28 spots. I am just wondering if I lost my chances because I am currently in TSU (for Miami) for about a week and its driving me crazy to know I made it this far and not sure if I would get the call or not. Do anyone know what is the typical waiting period while you are in TSU and if they are still hiring for Miami. Thanks
                          Merlin commented on this earlier. They might have just filled a class with Florida folks. I wouldn't worry too much as they more than likely will be pushing through more people in the near future.

Comment

• Anyone know if the fitness and medical are done at the same time or scheduled separately?

Comment

• Originally posted by mrst View Post
                              Anyone know if the fitness and medical are done at the same time or scheduled separately?
                              Usually the same time/location.

Comment

• Been a while since I posted, but looks like quite a few people are getting hired, its good... we need it. I am at BSTP (basic spanish) in Charleston, and if anyone has to head to spanish training, dont sweat it... Its a breeze. Plus the food is better. Also, downtown charleston... I will miss.

And as for getting a nice hotel off base at Brunswick... seems like a good deal to me! I had the Taj, but other then probably having to wake up a little earlier must be pretty good right? (better beds at least) ha ha ha.
                                Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                                Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                                Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9759 users online. 468 members and 9291 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X