300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
    This is hearsay from another forum, but someone posted that they spoke with TSU and Florida is now all full up for now.
    Perhaps Florida all other is full but not Miami. Especially with the new international terminal opening. There are 27 going to FLETC soon for Miami. I heard Key West needs people also.

Comment

• Originally posted by spartan300 View Post
      Cool! I chose the Calexico POE as well. There is a lot of overtime here so you'll be racking up some cash. Where are you in the application process? Well, I'll see you in Calexico man! Good luck!
      I'm still in pending ville on BI month 6 and going. Do you know if any of the Andrade guys get good overtime even though it closes at 12pm. Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by southwest View Post
        I'm still in pending ville on BI month 6 and going. Do you know if any of the Andrade guys get good overtime even though it closes at 12pm. Good luck
        Going on 4 1/2 months for me as well....

Pending-ville sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
          This is hearsay from another forum, but someone posted that they spoke with TSU and Florida is now all full up for now.
          Even if that's true, I wouldn't read all that much into it.

I'd compare it to walking away from the table because their belly is all full up. Yeah...it's true, but they're still going to be hungry again real soon.

Comment

• Border Patrol has a "Drop of the Hat Club", where people can "sign up" to be called up on short notice to go anywhere if and when somebody cancels at the last moment or whatever and they have last minute class seats to fill.

OFO doesn't...not that I'm aware of.

That's not to say that they'd never call and offer short-notice in OFO, but from what I've seen previously though those seats pretty much just stay unfilled.

Comment

• Originally posted by southwest View Post
              Well, that would be the Algodones port. If it closes at 12 mid-night, my guess is that you wont have much overtime. Calexico, on the other hand has 2 ports of entry and OT is Mandatory from what I here from the CBP's everytime I cross on my vehicle. Where do you live? If you live in Yuma, then Calexico is just about 45 minutes away and you'll see a big difference on your paycheck (if there is no OT in Andrade). I'm pretty sure that they'll call you up for the next class at FLETC. Hang in there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                I just want to throw my hat in the ring as another Michigan hopeful who's BI has finally cleared. Yesterday I sent a polite email to MHC asking about my progress and got a response within 15 min saying that my BI was cleared (which was the last pre-employment requirement that I was waiting for) and that my paperwork was being reviewed before being sent to TSU.

Today I have green check marks for all of my pre-employment requirements but not the "You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements" message that many waiting on TSU get.

I guess now the real fun begins....anxiously grabbing our phone at every ring.
                I received a phone call yesterday from MHC asking for a new drivers license agreement form. The lady said she was doing a final review on my file. I asked about BI and qualifications and was told that both cleared. However, qualification shows pending in cass...
                CBPO
                Written: 08/18/08
                NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
                TO: 09/23/08
                Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
                Medical: Completed 12/08
                Drug Test: Completed 11/08
                Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
                VBT: Completed 11/08
                BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
                Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
                3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

• Originally posted by flyone2go View Post
                  I received a phone call yesterday from MHC asking for a new drivers license agreement form. The lady said she was doing a final review on my file. I asked about BI and qualifications and was told that both cleared. However, qualification shows pending in cass...
                  you will be sitting at LAX really soon.. congrads

Comment

• The job hotline seems to be working again. I was just able to use it.
                    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• The hotline IS working again and I'm STILL....pending. Are there ever any updates on the weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                        The hotline IS working again and I'm STILL....pending. Are there ever any updates on the weekend?
                        CASS never updated for me on the weekend. Just weekdays.
                        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                          CASS never updated for me on the weekend. Just weekdays.
                          Seems to me in my 2.5 years using cass that it updates pretty consistently on tuesdays and thursdays. Occasionally i've had updates on friday but i think that is just because i didnt check it on thursday. Any other day seems to be a waste of key strokes.

Comment

• I haven't posted in a while, just wanted to give some info about my adventures at FLETC. I'm from class 922, I just finished week 8, so I'm officially halfway there. I will be graduating on APR 22. I was blessed not to be staying on base, FLETC is so booked right now that my entire class (48 people) is staying off base at LA QUINTA. There are some disadvantages of not staying on base, but for the most part having my own room and bathroom and my privacy is really priceless. About 90% of the people staying inside FLETC are either sharing a bathroom or the whole room, there's only a lucky few that have privacy there. The government really spoils you at FLETC the whole place really caters to you, we get decent food 3 times a day ( i just can't eat it on the weekends) so you just can't help but give 200%. At least from my end, but I'm not gonna lie there are some people there training for CBP, just giving a half *** effort because they either don't care or they're too out of shape, really overweight. It kind of makes you wonder how the hell did they get the job. Rumors has it that as of OCT 2009 they will be lowering the 1 1/2 mile to 15 minutes. Once they do that maybe we will become more of an elite unit, which is the way it should be. Now if you are overweight and you can complete all the physical requirements then I don't have a problem but there are some people there that failed the run the first time and they're just going through the motions and we worry more about them trying to help them more than they worry about themselves. Anyways I don't wanna bore you guys but if there is anything you wanna now about FLETC let me know, I'll check postings later on today.
                            Last edited by miramarnelson; 02-28-2009, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• By the way! does anyone know if Yoda finally got the job? just wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
                                By the way! does anyone know if Yoda finally got the job? just wondering.
                                Still waiting to be cleared!.... I wish I was there with you bud.... It's been 2 weeks since my file was sent up the chain at IA, still no word, but I'm still showing up on the system which is good. Keep at it, your time there will be done really soon.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13632 users online. 393 members and 13239 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X