300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by southwest View Post
    I chose the calexico/andrade because when I applied Nogales was only available for Arizona at the time. I was not really feeling Nogales is somewhere i want to be at.

What are overall taxes like in California now ?
    Cool! I chose the Calexico POE as well. There is a lot of overtime here so you'll be racking up some cash. Where are you in the application process? Well, I'll see you in Calexico man! Good luck!

Comment

• There is definitely something stirring within CBP – I’ve got my TO on 1/30, sent out the forms a week later, on 25th had my VBT and now they’ve scheduled me for medical on March 3rd.

It seems I’ll be done with everything within a month and all I’ll have to do is wait (few years perhaps) for my BI.

I guess they really need new people – good news to us all!
      CBPO Timeline
      Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
      NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
      Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
      Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
      Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
      BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
      Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
      The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
      EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
      FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
      Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
        There is definitely something stirring within CBP – I’ve got my TO on 1/30, sent out the forms a week later, on 25th had my VBT and now they’ve scheduled me for medical on March 3rd.

It seems I’ll be done with everything within a month and all I’ll have to do is wait (few years perhaps) for my BI.

I guess they really need new people – good news to us all!
        Well, there is no rhyme nor reason, no consistency and no way to predict the hiring process. But i will tell you that the pot seems to get stirred from time to time. For example, many of us have been waiting 4-6 months on the security and magically all sorts of us have been clearing that hurdle in the last week or so. Keep on keepin' on!

Comment

• Ever wandered how CBP Stamp Monkey looks like?

There is Disney Collection and Nutcracker, even Frank Sinatra has one, so why not our mascot, huh?

CBPO Timeline
          Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
          NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
          Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
          Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
          Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
          BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
          Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
          The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
          EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
          FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
          Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by spartan300 View Post
            Congratulations! you're IN!! EOD= Entry of Duty
            Is there a slight difference from being in TSU and it saying EOD? Or is it the same thing? Only ask because there was a post saying different earlier. Thanks for the conformation guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
              Is there a slight difference from being in TSU and it saying EOD? Or is it the same thing? Only ask because there was a post saying different earlier. Thanks for the conformation guys.
              Yeah, TSU is where you sit and wait for a job offer after completing all your pre-employment steps. EOD is when you've accepted a job and location and are waiting to start working at pre-academy. This is how it was in '07, don't think it changed but i could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                Yeah, TSU is where you sit and wait for a job offer after completing all your pre-employment steps. EOD is when you've accepted a job and location and are waiting to start working at pre-academy. This is how it was in '07, don't think it changed but i could be wrong.
                Thanks, kinda had a hunch there was. Thing is I have not accepted anything or have been called yet. I'll take my EOD though...LOL

Comment

• This is hearsay from another forum, but someone posted that they spoke with TSU and Florida is now all full up for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                    Thanks, kinda had a hunch there was. Thing is I have not accepted anything or have been called yet. I'll take my EOD though...LOL
                    They might have switched up the wording recently. You could always email TSU for clarification.

Comment

• Academy date

Does anyone recall the latest academy date we have seen posted on here. Such as someone saying my academy date is March --, April --, I don't think we have seen a May academy posting date yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
                        Does anyone recall the latest academy date we have seen posted on here. Such as someone saying my academy date is March --, April --, I don't think we have seen a May academy posting date yet.
                        Latest start dates I've seen have been mid-April.

Comment

• Would you agree that if someone is waiting in TSU it would be safe to say they will not have an academy date sooner than that?

Comment

Would you agree that if someone is waiting in TSU it would be safe to say they will not have an academy date sooner than that?
                            It's hard to speculate on that. You never know if someone will not report for EOD and/or be dropped for other reasons. I imagine spots could theoretically open up if something happened and they needed to fill a class.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                              It's hard to speculate on that. You never know if someone will not report for EOD and/or be dropped for other reasons. I imagine spots could theoretically open up if something happened and they needed to fill a class.
                              Good point.

Comment

Good point.
                                this is very true because when I recieved my academy date of April 15th, I got a call back from tsu 24 hours later saying they need me to report a week sooner because someone had dropped out of the academy that was suppose to take my port.
                                N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
                                Passed:Medical (1/2009)
                                Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
                                Passed(2:50):JST
                                Passed:Mini-Medical
                                January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
                                Medical: Passed
                                PT Test: Passed
                                Qualifications GS7: Done
                                VBT: Passed
                                Backround: Done
                                Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
                                Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
                                Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
                                CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8702 users online. 453 members and 8249 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X