X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
    http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...reers/officer/

1. What is the VBT?

The VBT is a Video Based Test consisting of several different scenarios. You will view taped scenarios and respond to the video. You will be taped while responding to the different scenarios. The VBT will be administered to all individuals who pass the written test and are conditionally selected. The examination takes about one-half hour and is evaluated by a team of CBP management officials. The tape will later be reviewed and evaluated. The test is rated on a pass/fail basis. Therefore, you will need to receive a “pass” rating to continue through the process. Approximately 6 weeks after you have been tentatively selected, you will receive a letter informing you of the date, time and location for your VBT. Successful VBT results are valid for three years. If you successfully completed the VBT within the past 3 years, you will not be scheduled for another VBT.
    Thanks for your help and quick response. I have seen that before, but it does not tell me much. What I want to know is if I have to act after the scenarios or just respond to it. I have read were people say it's a customer friendly thing that I need to be nice and friendly. But this is a law enforcement job. What if I see someone in trouble about to get killed, do I behave to be customer friendly?
    Last edited by ImmOff; 02-27-2009, 08:13 AM. Reason: Misspelling of word.
    CBPO
    Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
    TO:--------------- 1/29/09
    Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
    Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
    VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
    Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
    BI:---------------- Pending....
    Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
      Thanks for your help and quick response. I have seen that before, but it does not tell me much. What I want to know is if I have to act after the scenarios or just respond to it. I have read were people say it's a customer friendly thing that I need to be nice and friendly. But this is a law enforcement job. What if I see someone in trouble about to get killed, do I behave to be customer friendly?
      You will react however you see fit to each situation. Telling you how to react would be violating the essence of the test. You will get thorough instructions when you go to test by the administrator and you can ask questions then as well. It will feel awkward, but just use your best judgment.

Comment

• Don't sweat the VBT ImmOff. Unless you have the mentality or maturity of a 14 year old, you'll do just fine. There is enough in this process that will stress you out. Take our word for it and don't lose any sleep over this.

Comment

• What is up with the phone system? Can anyone check up on thier status or is it still going crazy for everyone? Also, what is considered business casual for women?

Comment

• "I'm sorry, please repeat you application ID. I'm sorry, please repeat your application ID. I'm sorry, I'm having trouble understanding you. Thank you for calling Department of Homeland Security."

Something like that Zodiac? Yes, its still down : (

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
              What is up with the phone system? Can anyone check up on thier status or is it still going crazy for everyone? Also, what is considered business casual for women?
              Give CASS a couple hours to get it's brain together...LOL I think a nice professional looking outfit would be fine, I'm sure no one here would recommend a pair of jeans and t-shirt that's for sure. Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                Also, what is considered business casual for women?
                No jeans. I would say dress slacks, dress, or appropriate skirt, with knit top, blazer, or cardigan.

Comment

• Just an FYI for Michigan Geo prefs -
                  Just received my EOD, 3-23 to Sault Ste Marie. I entered TSU on 2-13-08.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1967gta View Post
                    Just an FYI for Michigan Geo prefs -
                    Just received my EOD, 3-23 to Sault Ste Marie. I entered TSU on 2-13-08.
                    What were the options they gave you? Glad you took the Soo, so i dont have to go all the way up there!

Comment

• I as well took the VBT on Monday....I got a call for scheduling my medical and physical tests on Wednesday. Just wanted to update everyone on the timeline etc.

The VBT was a bit awkward and after the first few questions, I became more comfortable. My advice is similiar to others out there and that is to have a guest service attitude and approach. It's a pass/fail so just be yourself and you will be fine
                      Test Date: 12/8/08
                      NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
                      TO: 1/30/09-Received
                      Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
                      VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
                      Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
                      Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
                      Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
                      Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
                      BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Guys, I have a couple of questions. I am currently and Immigration Officer for CIS what is now called ISO. I am a permanent career employee with the Feds. I am in the process with CBP. The CBP position is an FCIP I also signed papers say that I aknowledge that.

How likely is to not convert to a permamnent after the two years FCIP?
                        CBPO

Comment

• Should I take the FCIP with CBP. I have been working for DHS,CIS since 2003. Any suggestions?
                          CBPO

Comment

Guys, I have a couple of questions. I am currently and Immigration Officer for CIS what is now called ISO. I am a permanent career employee with the Feds. I am in the process with CBP. The CBP position is an FCIP I also signed papers say that I aknowledge that.

How likely is to not convert to a permamnent after the two years FCIP?
                            I believe everyone is getting career after 2 years. Don't sweat that part, it just sucks that you have to walk the probation line again.

Comment

Should I take the FCIP with CBP. I have been working for DHS,CIS since 2003. Any suggestions?
                              I believe you have too. Try searching http://forums.delphiforums.com/customsinspect/start for more information.

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
                                In CASS I have a message that says "Referred to Schedule EOD". Is that the same as being in TSU.
                                Congratulations! you're IN!! EOD= Entry of Duty

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6492 users online. 302 members and 6190 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X