Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    barnaj....
    CONGRATS!.... I knew they couldn't make you wait much longer.....
    Thanks Yoda, hopefully you'll be the next long timer who gets some positive news. Put some Jedi on that shi*

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      Yep, part of the cirriculum just like p.t. or anything else.
      Im not going to lie, for anyone who has been exposed to O.C. will understand why. Im bringing my O.C. letter with me to prove I've been exposed At FLETC before. But, If i still need to, I guess I will do it. F(&*&(&E^(^E(&^E(*&^(K!!
      N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
      Passed:Medical (1/2009)
      Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
      Passed(2:50):JST
      Passed:Mini-Medical
      January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
      Medical: Passed
      PT Test: Passed
      Qualifications GS7: Done
      VBT: Passed
      Backround: Done
      Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
      Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
      Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
      CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

• The OC spray or exposure for CBP is really nothing. I think FLETC/CBP is afraid to get sued over some kind of liability issue that they toned it down DRASTICALLY.

PM and I can give you a jist of how i was "Sprayed". Ive used oc several times, and turst me my fletc experience was relatively easy.
        What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Obama backs 2% civilian pay raise for 2010.

http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cf...dcn=todaysnews

President Barack Obama proposed a 2 percent pay increase for civilian workers and a 2.9 percent pay hike for military personnel in fiscal 2010, according to a budget outline released on Thursday.
          Of course, it'll be tied in to locality pay...which means that those of us in the RUS will end up handing over a chunk of our 2% increase to those making more in higher locality areas.

Comment

• Went thru VBT on 25th, got a call the very next day to schedule for Medical/Fitness. They make me feel wanted
            CBPO Timeline
            Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
            NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
            Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
            Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
            Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
            BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
            Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
            The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
            EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
            FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
            Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Hey that's awesome to hear. Some people get stuck between test anywhere from several weeks to a month. I hope everything moves quickly for you. Some of the time it's just a waiting game.
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                I just want to throw my hat in the ring as another Michigan hopeful who's BI has finally cleared. Yesterday I sent a polite email to MHC asking about my progress and got a response within 15 min saying that my BI was cleared (which was the last pre-employment requirement that I was waiting for) and that my paperwork was being reviewed before being sent to TSU.

Today I have green check marks for all of my pre-employment requirements but not the "You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements" message that many waiting on TSU get.

I guess now the real fun begins....anxiously grabbing our phone at every ring.
                In CASS I have a message that says "Referred to Schedule EOD". Is that the same as being in TSU.
                Miami by way of Chicago
                Test 8/4/08
                TO 11/13/08
                Drug Test 11/13/08
                VBT 12/11/08
                Physical 12/16/08
                Qual 1/10/09
                Met BI 1/5/09
                BI cleared 2/19/09
                TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
                  In CASS I have a message that says "Referred to Schedule EOD". Is that the same as being in TSU.
                  That is exactly what it means...Congratulations!

Comment

• spartan300 What POE did you choose Southwest?
                    I chose the calexico/andrade because when I applied Nogales was only available for Arizona at the time. I was not really feeling Nogales is somewhere i want to be at.

What are overall taxes like in California now ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                      The OC spray or exposure for CBP is really nothing. I think FLETC/CBP is afraid to get sued over some kind of liability issue that they toned it down DRASTICALLY.

PM and I can give you a jist of how i was "Sprayed". Ive used oc several times, and turst me my fletc experience was relatively easy.
                      Back when I was a cage kicker we didn't get sprayed, we got hosed. I mean the stuff was in my ears, mouth and nose. I have been sprayed with foam, alcohol based, water based. And to tell you the truth, getting an environmental like FLETC isn't that bad of a compromise. In reality it's exposing you to a back blast and not a direct spray which is more of a reality then getting drenched. Now what I didn't like is the post spray shenanigans. That whole thing needs to be real, red man, the whole 9 yards.

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
                        Im not going to lie, for anyone who has been exposed to O.C. will understand why. Im bringing my O.C. letter with me to prove I've been exposed At FLETC before. But, If i still need to, I guess I will do it. F(&*&(&E^(^E(&^E(*&^(K!!
                        Oh your getting sprayed! We had folks from other Fed agencies who had been through FLETC and been sprayed by FLETC rules and they still got it. It's just a thang though. Plus you'll probably have the FLECT crud so it may clear your sinuses out.

Comment

• Hahaha, DAMN! I was actually beginning to wonder about the whole spray issue. Does going through tear gas in boot camp count? lol. Dammit.
                          Test: 12/8/08
                          EOD: June 22, 2009
                          Class 960
                          FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• [QUOTE=mlrtme;1680802]Finishing up my paperwork and there are a few items I'm confused about on the Financial Disclosure Report. Who could I call that would help me? Anyone on here that has recently submitted their packet that could help me?

Thanks![/
                            QUOTE]

You can email me any questions you have too.

Originally posted by RJ-Seattle View Post
                            PM me with the questions, I can probably help.
                            Good to see fellow Seattleites/Washingtonians helping each other out.

For anyone that cares, I did my VBT on Monday and got a call yesterday (Thursday morning) to have my Medical/Fitness scheduled for March 6th. Hopefully the BI'll call me tomorrow! That would be amazing.
                            Test: 12/8/08
                            EOD: June 22, 2009
                            Class 960
                            FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• Hello everyone, this is my first post, I have been reading thru this forum for days and until now I decided to register because it's very interesting. I need some help. I have read it before and I know it can't be divulged. Can someone please give some tips as to how to prepare for the VTB= Structure Interview. I have the interview one week from today.

I am worried because I have never been to a video interview before, I don’t know what to expect. I don't want people to tell me what's on the scenarios. I just want to know if it's multiple choice questions; do you have to act after the scenario or just answer the questions as if it was a human talking to you?

Thank you!
                              CBPO
                              Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                              TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                              Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                              Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                              VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                              Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                              BI:---------------- Pending....
                              Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
                                Hello everyone, this is my first post, I have been reading thru this forum for days and until now I decided to register because it's very interesting. I need some help. I have read it before and I know it can't be divulged. Can someone please give some tips as to how to prepare for the VTB= Structure Interview. I have the interview one week from today.

I am worried because I have never been to a video interview before, I don’t know what to expect. I don't want people to tell me what's on the scenarios. I just want to know if it's multiple choice questions; do you have to act after the scenario or just answer the questions as if it was a human talking to you?

Thank you!
                                http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...reers/officer/

1. What is the VBT?

The VBT is a Video Based Test consisting of several different scenarios. You will view taped scenarios and respond to the video. You will be taped while responding to the different scenarios. The VBT will be administered to all individuals who pass the written test and are conditionally selected. The examination takes about one-half hour and is evaluated by a team of CBP management officials. The tape will later be reviewed and evaluated. The test is rated on a pass/fail basis. Therefore, you will need to receive a “pass” rating to continue through the process. Approximately 6 weeks after you have been tentatively selected, you will receive a letter informing you of the date, time and location for your VBT. Successful VBT results are valid for three years. If you successfully completed the VBT within the past 3 years, you will not be scheduled for another VBT.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3275 users online. 197 members and 3078 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X