300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
    Are you for real??? Someone can get away with only 5 push ups at a time? I was worried about my ability but that sounds like a duck walk.

There is no minimums for push-ups. Having said that, any instructor I know of will have people out there pushing themselves towards their limit, whatever that happens to be.

Don't expect to be doing 5 push-ups when one can easily do 50...and if one was foolish enough to try and get away with something like that, I imagine it would not bode well for that person.

Seriously, if all a person could do was 5 push-ups...I'd expect them to injure themselves during the program and get themselves removed.

Comment

• Congrats

Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      Hey guys, my CASS updated today to the following:

You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps.

Anyone else get this message?
      Good deal!! Hopefully my BI was right behind yours, I met with my Investigtor in late Oct. Maybe my file was on the same pile of papers as yours and cass just didnt update for me. I might be seeing you up at PH soon also. Crossing my Fingers

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Just because somebody is bound to ask how the steps work once you reach an 11...

[PHP]Advancement from... Requires...
        step 1 to step 2 52 weeks of creditable service at step 1
        step 2 to step 3 52 weeks of creditable service at step 2
        step 3 to step 4 52 weeks of creditable service in step 3
        step 4 to step 5 104 weeks of creditable service in step 4
        step 5 to step 6 104 weeks of creditable service in step 5
        step 6 to step 7 104 weeks of creditable service in step 6
        step 7 to step 8 156 weeks of creditable service in step 7
        step 8 to step 9 156 weeks of creditable service in step 8
        step 9 to step 10 156 weeks of creditable service in step 9[/PHIP]
        Thanks for posting this, I have been looking for an easy explanation of the steps.

Comment

• Originally posted by gsa85 View Post
          I took my written test for CBPO about a week ago. How long should I expect to wait for my results? Also, will they come by email or snail mail? Thanks in advance for any information.

haha..it comes snail mail..takes about 2 weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
            Are you for real??? Someone can get away with only 5 push ups at a time? I was worried about my ability but that sounds like a duck walk.
            O YES!!! but of course it depends on who you have for an instructor for PE class as well...we didnt do all that much of them..My instructor HATED to work out!! LOL--- we went into the pool most of the time...And being there during the summer, u get a black flag A LOT!!! and when that happens, NO outside!!! which is good if u HATE to run LOL--- so they throw u in the pooL!! YEAH!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              There is no minimums for push-ups. Having said that, any instructor I know of will have people out there pushing themselves towards their limit, whatever that happens to be.

Don't expect to be doing 5 push-ups when one can easily do 50...and if one was foolish enough to try and get away with something like that, I imagine it would not bode well for that person.

Seriously, if all a person could do was 5 push-ups...I'd expect them to injure themselves during the program and get themselves removed.
              haha tooo funnY!!!! You DONT have to do everything, u just have to show that u r trying..if u cant do everything, they WILLNOT and CANNOT send u home...unless u flat out dont try...and u get 3 chances for everything...o, and yes I was talking about pull-ups...pushups, more like 20 at a time...

Comment

• Originally posted by pheonix View Post
                Good deal!! Hopefully my BI was right behind yours, I met with my Investigtor in late Oct. Maybe my file was on the same pile of papers as yours and cass just didnt update for me. I might be seeing you up at PH soon also. Crossing my Fingers
                Yeah, be on the lookout for checkmarks! A guy i know who is hoping for Michigan emailed me yesterday that his BI was checked off yesterday. He also met his BI in October. Thats what prompted me to check my cass this morning and i didnt have the checks anymore but i had the "requirements met" as of 2/25/09 screen. I wish the phone line was operational, because i'd like to hear what it has to say. Maybe they are pushing through some more Michiganders.

Comment

• Another "because it's bound to be asked" post...

A nationwide CBP Officer announcement will be opening April 6, 2009 and closing April 20, 2009.

Comment

• what if I don't know how to swim ? would that get me in trouble?

Comment

• Originally posted by mephys View Post
                      what if I don't know how to swim ? would that get me in trouble?
                      The only time i ever swam at fletc was floating around the dorm pool with a beer in my hand.

Comment

• Thanks to all that have replied with the helpful info.

Comment

• Originally posted by mephys View Post
                          what if I don't know how to swim ? would that get me in trouble?
                          Water wings.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                            Water wings.
                            Is that the result of eating buffalo wings in the pool with your beer?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              Is that the result of eating buffalo wings in the pool with your beer?
                              That too.

Comment

• Memories...

Well i was taking a walk down memory lane and found a post of mine on page 13 of this thread from 4-5-07 that read:

"Well guys, my background cleared on tuesday and got a job offer and accepted today! Academy start may 24th but i start reporting to my duty station april 30th. Good luck to you all!"

Haha, it's been a long time since i got my last call!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7486 users online. 256 members and 7230 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X